Checking in daily to maintain focus #66

That’s actually a great tip! I’ll have a half glass of ginger ale in hand. I really appreciate this one because I know it will keep some people from digging. It will make me feel like I’m there for a good time and not stress.

5 Likes

Glad that helped

I love this and hope you are able to have a good time! :smiling_face:

6 Likes

I hope you feel better and thats your day gets better in my 18 months clean i have learned that i have to get out of my Owen way to find the good in everything even when i feel like my hole world is falling be thankful for what i have over come and will keep over coming

3 Likes

Hey @JazzyS sorry to hear you ain’t feeling to good and the coffee didn’t work :grimacing: I had 3 cups this morning and was struggling to stay awake. What’s that all about?!:joy: Glad you’re taking time to chill and recover, hope you get enough rest and feel better soon.

Checking in 4 weeks! As up and down as it’s been that’s definitely something. I ain’t getting complacent though and hopefully I can get through the challenges laid out in front of me.

My friend got baptized today and I went to the ceremony to celebrate with him. First time in a church for years. I enjoyed the talks and the togetherness of everyone. I envy people who have faith and believe in a higher power to guide them, although I don’t think that routes for me. Community and togetherness sound good. It’s a stark contrast from Sunday 4 weeks ago when I was totally miserable, hungover and craving change. Who knows, I might go back. It was nice.

Hope you’ve all had a good weekend​:pray:Thank you :heart:

11 Likes

Checking in day 139 AF :blush:

11 Likes

I’m super proud of you and good luck today! :muscle:

6 Likes

Day 14 :heavy_check_mark:

Having mixed feelings about almost about anything.
Not achieved enough, feeling of not being good enough.
Why can’t I just be able to drink normally and join in with people having fun… all the usual lies I tell myself.

:sunflower:

13 Likes

Craving change? Oh yes!! I just remembered that feeling and how overpowering it was. Overpowering the status quo is power-intensive. I still feel it. I try to rein it in or I’ll start changing too much :grinning:. It’s great fun, like an adventure.

6 Likes

Congratulations on 2 weeks!!!

4 Likes

Hey sue, I suck at sleeping at the best of times, often needing to be at the point of exhaustion before I’ll go to sleep. I’m either constantly uncomfortable in bed or my brain won’t shut off. I did find a natural sleep tablet helped me. I got it from our heath food store. I take it an hour before bed and it helps put me to sleep and stay asleep. I’m 63 days and using them a lot less now :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m with you Vanessa. Let’s do today sober together :muscle:

Checking in day 63.

8 Likes

My AF timer? I don’t know what that is…

2 Likes
  1. Another great weekend with friends and family. Dinner out and bbq with friends both tackled sober.

Went out for a 30km time trial on my race bike in the sun and recorded my fastest time in 10 years. Surprised me a bit as I am 10kg heavier than I was then. Going to bed with a happy heart but annoyingly the tell tale signs of some kind of cold. Here’s hoping it’s not too bad.

9 Likes

Thank you :hugs::sunflower::sunflower:

3 Likes

1 year 8 months and 1 day AF
29 days Nic free

Good days are good, nearly at the 2 year mark
Probably the longest ive ever been without a drink in my life at this point, going nicotines free is helping my gym and fitness goals

Still processing the loss of a friend, days arw fetting better though

8 Likes

@Cjp @Lighter @JazzyS hey y’all! Thanks for the words of encouragement. The day went well and we really had a good time. One of my friends from school asked me “Kenny, what do you drink again?” “I don’t drink anymore” was my response and that was it. Very nice day. :muscle:t4:
Heres some photos of me with my grandmother and my step mother. & some pics of my boys!

@lavender_butterfly hi! Welcome to the TS community. I wish you the best on this recovery journey. You can do it, and you will do it! Every single day does count, sometimes every hour for some people. #ODAAT

@MrFantastik the kids will definitely keep us busy! Busy is good! 169 days of continuous progress is awesome. Keep on keepin’ on, my guy! :muscle:t4:

@SussexGuy welcome! & way to go on Day5! I’m proud of you for breaking old habits and remaining focused. Keep on keepin’ on! :muscle:t4::heavy_check_mark:

@SKhan great job on making it to Day6! I hope the event went well and you reached your goal of making an appearance and getting out. Keep on keepin’ on. :muscle:t4::heavy_check_mark: #ODAAT

@Soberbilly 755 days is a goal for most of us! Congrats, Bill! :heavy_check_mark::muscle:t4:

@Chevy55 does sound like a fun time! Enjoy, brother. Keep on keepin’ on. :heavy_check_mark::muscle:t4:

@Lighter keep on keepin on, Marie. 79 days of continuous progress is great! :heavy_check_mark::muscle:t4:

19 Likes

@Collins i love everything about your share just now!! Awesome! :heavy_check_mark::muscle:t4:

@Laner great job on 45 days! I agree with @Collins maybe some martial arts will help. Keep on keepin’ on! :heavy_check_mark::muscle:t4:

@Pattycake :heavy_check_mark::muscle:t4: keep on keepin’ on!

@Michellle Welcome—Way to go!! Day3! Keep on keepin’ on, Michelle! :heavy_check_mark::muscle:t4:

@Danwood85 congratulations on 4 weeks, my guy! :muscle:t4::heavy_check_mark:

Checking in Day28! Thankful for another day sober! Yesterday really turned out well, there was some drinking around me but I didn’t have any triggers and I had my step mom and grandmother keeping me great company. Today hasn’t been as busy so I’m grateful for that. Wife and I just doing our usual cleaning…these boys make it their goal to make sure we have housework to do :joy::joy:. Today is a good day. I’m sober, I’m happy, My wife and kids are happy, we have all that we need, my mother in law gets out of the hospital tomorrow, tomorrow is the last day of school for our boys except for our 4 y/o who’s in Pre-K. He will his graduation ceremony Friday at 10:00am. He’s excited about to going to Kindergarten. All is well family, hope everyone has a blessed day. #ODAAT :heart:

Happy 24!

Just for today: I can look anyone in the eye without shame. I am grateful for the
loving support that has made this possible.

11 Likes

@acromouse yes! It’s More difficult with food

5 Likes

I’m glad yesterday went well for you. You life sounds really nice. Enjoy all the happiness your sobriety brings, youve earned it.

Happy 24!

4 Likes

@Cjp @Lighter @JazzyS hey y’all! Thanks for the words of encouragement. The day went well and we really had a good time. One of my friends from school asked me “Kenny, what do you drink again?” “I don’t drink anymore” was my response and that was it. Very nice day. :muscle:t4:
Heres some photos of me with my grandmother and my step mother. & some pics of my boys!

@lavender_butterfly hi! Welcome to the TS community. I wish you the best on this recovery journey. You can do it, and you will do it! Every single day does count, sometimes every hour for some people. #ODAAT

@MrFantastik the kids will definitely keep us busy! Busy is good! 169 days of continuous progress is awesome. Keep on keepin’ on, my guy! :muscle:t4:

@SussexGuy welcome! & way to go on Day5! I’m proud of you for breaking old habits and remaining focused. Keep on keepin’ on! :muscle:t4::heavy_check_mark:

@SKhan great job on making it to Day6! I hope the event went well and you reached your goal of making an appearance and getting out. Keep on keepin’ on. :muscle:t4::heavy_check_mark: #ODAAT

@Soberbilly 755 days is a goal for most of us! Congrats, Bill! :heavy_check_mark::muscle:t4:

@Chevy55 does sound like a fun time! Enjoy, brother. Keep on keepin’ on. :heavy_check_mark::muscle:t4:

@Lighter keep on keepin on, Marie. 79 days of continuous progress is great! :heavy_check_mark::muscle:t4:

7 Likes