Checking in daily to maintain focus #67

Checking in at the end of day 36.
@JazzyS I love the thought of protecting my sobriety. Because that is exactly what we are doing, protecting it. Thanks for that!

Better day today than yesterday. Took it easy, harvested from my garden and planted some flowers in pots to make my porch more cozy. All in all a good day.

Have a good evening everyone.

8 Likes

New workweek. My cold and other minor health problems are getting better. I’m a bit disappointed with myself for not getting to write anything this weekend beyond my journal. But yesterday is gone and we only have today. On we go.

I do need to find some new ways in my life and I do feel I have the opportunity for it now. Through understanding the past, learning from it, breaking down what stops me and developing new ways of handling stuff and myself. And to learn to just be. The moment is now. Have as good a day as you all can friends. Sober and clean. Love.

17 Likes

Crap sleep but surprisingly great day :smiley: Hope you all have one too :heart: Stay the path!

13 Likes

It’s ridiculous really when you think about it. Did you stay sober today?.. it’s mental innit.

15 Likes

Day 2098 :walking_woman:
In Dutch we say: “pijn is fijn”. I think when I look for an according sentence it will be "no pain, no gain. Not the exact translation but it means the same. Started the day with a sore body, but it’s “good” pain. I trained hard yesterday.

Today? Work.
Glad I do not drink anymore because I could not do all the things I do these days.
Have a good day ore night all :raising_hand_woman:

18 Likes

Let me share with you my 650 day of sobriety.

Life is tough, but it is easier being sober.

Give yourself the present of sobriety, it os the best thing you can do for yourself.

Regarding to recovery: this is a serious topic. For me it is working consider my recovery like work, equal importance than my current job. Being sober is the first thing I think in when I wake up.

So, let us continue in the path of sobriety. We can do this. Happy 24 hours.

20 Likes

Day 359. Up early. Really boring day yesterday. Back at work today. On call tonight.

Working four days this week and then I am off for a week which I can really do with. I’m going to check the weather for next week and plan some walks

I’m enjoying Cornwall but really can’t see myself living her into retirement. It’s too far south west. Unless something major happens to settle me

I will hit the day positively. Have a fab day

I found yesterday hard as it was father’s day. I had a card from two of my kids but that was it. It’s like 20 years of my life just vanished.

10 Likes

Thank you Jazzy, likewise…I hope you a have a good start to the week! Here’s to hangover free Mondays :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

208 sugar
72 UPF
79 gluten
58 dairy
20 overeating

First day on vacation today. Going to rent a bike and explore this interesting city.
Let’s try for peace, kindness, and freedom today :peace_symbol::people_hugging::dove:

14 Likes

1 week sober.

I’m grateful for happiness im getting… mental clarity much improved!
These holidays i never went outing , attending AA meetings daily

17 Likes

Day 2278. The youngest dabbled with Marijuana while away at college. We found out that he was using it to self medicate. We got him an appointment with a mental health professional and thought all was well.

Turns out he is either still self medicating or just doing it “recreationally”. We found out about this the day before he left for a month.

Ms. Monkey and I are having a hard time with this…what is the next step? I dont want to be a hypocrite, I did my fair share of crap as a drunk. Not everyone who smokes is an addict…however, I see tendancies in him that I see in people like us when we were actively using our DOC.

The good news, we have a month until he gets back, so we have time figure out next steps. My initial feeling is something along the line, “you do you…just not here. I dont want it in the house”.

We shall see what we come up with.

Stay sober friends!!

16 Likes

198 days
My eldest kids bday today. She took the day off school and I took the day off work and we did some activities of her choosing was a good time.
She wanted to go to the gym in the afternoon, they do a cool thing for kids that are at training on their bday so she was keen to have the fuss made over her.
Gym tomorrow for me tomorrow morning then nightshift tomorrow night

8 Likes

@Mindofsobermike congrats on 7 months :tada:
@Whereswaldo congrats on 90 days :tada:
@Teresa.13 I can only imagine how good that must feel to be geting your home sorted out, I am currently trying to motivate myself to sort mine, and I know the peace and clarity that appears once it’s done. So well done, I know it’s hard work. :clap:t2:
@JazzyS I’m so sorry for your pains :people_hugging: I do hope you can get an appointment with your doctor :crossed_fingers:t2:
@MrFantastik I’m glad your friends are supportive :blush:
@acromouse have a wonderful trip :blush:
@FalloutSign congrats on 30 days :tada:
@Vanessa8 congrats on 70 days :tada:
@MooseTracks congrats on 650+ days :tada:
@Aussie_Tiger I hope you are able to talk to the staff at the rehab about how you’re feeling, maybe they can help get you feeling stronger before you return home, sending strength 🩵

9 Likes

@Mira_D I hope your son is okay :people_hugging: and I hope you enjoy celebrating Father’s Day today, a record player is a great gift :blush: :notes:
@EFountains congrats on 650 days :tada:
@Dolse71 it’s an absolute miracle :raised_hands:t2::face_holding_back_tears:
@sarath_unrelax congrats on your week :tada:

1406 days no alcohol.
871 days no cocaine.
386 days no vape.
2 days no binge-eating.

It was Father’s Day here in the UK yesterday. My family gathered at my dad’s in the evening. This, as always, involved a takeaway. I knew I needed to stay strong and not cave in to their pressure this time, no matter how sh*t they make me feel, it was hard, because they had Indian food, which I love, and I haven’t had it for years, but somehow I managed to say ‘no’ and mean it, so it has been 28 days now for no takeaways, and I’m proud of myself. Seeing them is hard too, but it also involves seeing my nieces, and they are the silver lining. Whilst my family were eating I played with my eldest niece all the way up until my brother and his family left, we had so much fun, I hadn’t seen her for 2 months. :pleading_face:

I hope you all had wonderful sober weekends. :blush:

🩵

10 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1464. I hope everybody has a good one :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

900 days sober from alcohol.

14 Likes

@EFountains great work…650 days is awesome. I too try to keep my sobriety in my thoughts at all times because I feel that if I were to become complacent then I may be in trouble. Keep stacking up the days :muscle:t4::hugs:
@sarath_unrelax yippee :clap:t4::confetti_ball::tada: 1 week of sobriety…keep going and reaping the benefits of sobriety :muscle:t4:
@catmancam thanks friend. Glad you got to spend some time with your nieces :hugs:. Great work on sticking to your no take aways…that’s not easy when you are out and celebrating. Hoping you have a wonderful day :people_hugging:
@Wakikki check you out…900 days and going strong :muscle:t4:. Hope you are doing well these days. Great work on your sober time :muscle:t4: :tada: :confetti_ball:

Checking in Monday morning
Woke up before the alarm and ready to walk…well it’s storming hard so that’s out for now. I will take it easy and get other stuff done and hopefully be able to enjoy a walk in a few hours before it gets too hot. This is going to be a brutal week with high heat and humidity. Welcome to summer :rofl:.
Wishing everyone a wonderful addiction free day… sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

13 Likes

Checking in sober. I had surgery last week - it was tough but bearable, now feeling quite well, I have just a little pain and am really relieved, I feel better about myself than ever before. I relax a lot, it’s actually starting to be too much, so today I worked a bit and went outside for the first time. I have been having headache since the operation, so hopefully going out will help.

20 Likes
  1. Start of my new intentions. I shall do a 5k run today. I shall set up the healthy meals for the week. I shall embrace this week.
16 Likes

Good morning friends!

Day 9 AF

I had a decent weekend and was mostly able to relax. I have major trouble keeping up with household chores but got a bit done. At least I now know a lot of my struggles come from the ADHD and not some personal failing. I’m trying to treat myself with more grace and understanding. All my life I’ve beaten myself up for being lazy or a failure for struggling with things other people seem to have way less trouble with. Learning to accept that my brain is wired differently. But I still cycle into the depression of “why me. Why does everything had to be so hard for me?”

But as with anything, it’s OFDAAT.

17 Likes