Checking in daily to maintain focus #67

Thanks friend. Hoping today’s appointment goes well. Not much we can do for meds (my body rejects em and the side effects cause more issues so I’m just gonna ride this out). So far no sniffles or runny nose so today may be a good day).
I’m gonna go chat with Mom today and patch things up. We both needed a day to reflect yesterday. I was looking forward to celebrating yours and hers birthday tomorrow. Know I will be with you in spirit.
Much love dear friend. :hugs::people_hugging::heart:

3 Likes

I’m here I’m alive I’m sober and I’m happy.
Day 126.

Changed my breakfast banana to pineapple canned in it’s own juice. Low calorie High nutrition content. Can’t eat fresh pineapple because I always react to that.
Not really bothered about the sugar content either, I need something sweet in the morning and I’m going to stick with that.

Had my morning tea outside,garden is a mess, the gardener won’t come back until a few weeks because he is on vacation in Vietnam.

But at least we have a plan.
Weather is supposed to turn in to rain any minute so I’ve got a plan of fixing some things inside this afternoon.

Besides that I had a walk to the store to buy some veggies, and have been trying to stay outside as much as possible. Good thing with rain is that no one requires you to do garden work. But in my opinion we’re getting way to much rain here as it it’s :laughing:

That’s all Folks, wishing you all a wonderful day :heavy_heart_exclamation:

18 Likes

Day 124

Good morning family

Feeling better- need to watch my heat exposure! I am dehydrated still. Makes me feel weird. Lots of water today and less time out in the 100s. I’ll go from one air-conditioned enclosure to another. Summer is much better than last year, so I’ve been outside more. Easy to get dehydrated. :sweat_drops: :droplet: :droplet: :hot_face: Can’t stand to be indoors but don’t want to pass out…haha

Watching that Beryl. She appears to want to give us some stormy weather. I’m a weather geek so this is fascinating. So glad I’m inland a ways. I’m preparing just a bit. We can get some flooding and wind from outer bands, but nothing major. The sky is so cool with the spiral bands. :cyclone: All the people vacationing at South Padre might want to skat soon.

Reading and domestic stuff today. And water

Have a great sober day

19 Likes

Banana used to be one of few fruits and vegetables I actually could eat.
But it’s okey, I’m used to it :laughing:
It’s always been easier to make a list of things I can eat, instead of the opposite.

7 Likes

Checking in day 107.
Hope everyones having a great week.

19 Likes

Day 53
Thank you for everyone’s well wishes for my Dad. I’ll be traveling to go see him. It’s a toxic environment at his home so I am making arrangements to stay elsewhere. A lot of bad things happened to me from that family.

Hope everyone has a successful journey today.

20 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1480. I hope everybody has a good one :slightly_smiling_face:

17 Likes

Day 231. Had a good workout yesterday and then a nice bike ride. Got my buddy to go over to the gym with me that just moved from the half way house, and another guy that moved from the half way house came as well. They didnt stay very long but it was still cool. I was disappointed in my buddy a little bit bc he literally just moved from the half way house to where we are, he never left the half way house and lived there for two years. Yesterday him and the other guy got high smoking pot, so to me he just threw away his 2 years of sobriety. His d.o.c was something else, but still 2 years of doing nothing and not even two days in the new place your getting high. I kept my mouth shut and will keep it shut. I certainly have no place to judge. But today is a good day much love everyone

22 Likes

Hey all,

Fweling emotionally ick and my anxiety is up these past few weeks. I by chance (reading parenting things) came across an article about having gifted children, and it was interestinf for me to read. I dont live completely under a rock, but how I didnt know there would be lit about that is beyond me. I just thought i was an alcoholic introvert with anxiety. Still learning more about myself each day.

But it is too much of me lately; and this is the issue. Im alone often or working in the house and my brain tends to wander. I am questioning the difference between being empowered and entitled, being hurt and being a victim, being gracious and being a door mat. And the role of expectations in my life.

How I talk a lot, and I need to learn to ask more questions.
How needing to ve selfish sometimes can swing out of balance. And needs to be adjusted.
How I need to get out of myself a bit more now.

I have a tendency to believe rules do not apply to me. This can be a good thing, it also has a negative side and its understanding how this can effect others.

I tend to dominate conversations with those I love talking to.

I also tend to shame myself when I feel low about my defects, and shame myself over mistakes then react with guilt.

Time to work through these defects of ccharacter and make small steps. Steps forward, man did I ever think Id have it all figured out by now.

Easy does it. Xo.

14 Likes

2y4m20d
Woke up feeling much more rested than yesterday. I went to the gym to do some cardio. Didnt have enough time for weights so will do that tmrw. Today my son has an appt here at the home and then I have to make a few phone calls regarding when his upcoming MRI is. He has missed 2 scheduled MRIs bcuz he was unwell. So im getting anxious to see how his brain tumor is doing. Its been like 8 months since his last one. I want to make sure that its stable. Not much else on the agenda today. Want to add in some prayer and some gratitude also. Thats about it. Have a great Wednesday everyone! :butterfly:

23 Likes

Morning all! I hope everyone has a great day .

Today is my Friday :slightly_smiling_face: now if we could get little man back on a sleep schedule we will be able to get some rest :relieved:

I’ll be back later tonight :smiling_face:

18 Likes

Just checking in on day 357. Started a 10 day countdown to one year milestone two days ago, so. :eight:….

20 Likes

127 days today. Lately I have had so much enjoyment keeping up with all posts here in all the topics. Nothing feels like tapping on that 9 Likes and making it a ten. Yep it is the little things that bring pleasure. Temp to be 113 today. I have AA this morning then back to bookkeeping work.

Must file which is the worst for me. Stay cool friends and keep in the sober path.

22 Likes

Checking in before my group therapy starts. I have one more week before I move back to Australia.

I am facing fierce financial and legal headwinds.

I am 50 days sober but terrified and hyper-vigilant about alcohol especially given the challenges coming up.

17 Likes

I’m sorry to read about your struggles, but you made it!:muscle:t2:

6 Likes

Day 5. Feeling insecure and weak.

14 Likes

@JazzyS praying that you feel relief from your allergies. I have a lot too. I didn’t test the vaccine but my nephew reached more wellbeing after the vaccine. All my love and prayers :hugs::blue_heart::facepunch:t6::pray:t6::deaf_person:t6::swimming_man:t6::cherry_blossom::rosette:🪻:ear_of_rice::fog::ocean:

6 Likes

I can relate Thomas, you’re not alone. But just for today, you and I are not going to give in. Do you think you can do this with me today? I’m right here with you

17 Likes

Today I’m celebrating 90 days sober!! I don’t have a lot to say today. Am just reflecting on my journey and celebrating what I’ve accomplished so far. :blush:

24 Likes

Sending you positive energy. Congratulations on 5 days!:confetti_ball::heart_eyes:

7 Likes