Checking in daily to maintain focus #67

Day 2292…5 months caffine free. I never thought life without caffine was possible. Turns out, I like it a lot.

Last day camping, heading home tomorrow. I really cannot wait to head home tomorrow. No peace and quite this trip. Brother in law, sister in law, grandbaby, and all the kids (with the exception of the youngest) are with us. Generally Ms. Monkey and I get a day or 2 by ourselves before eveeyone shows up.

My peace is sweet but short. I wake up before everyone and find a pine tree to count its pinecones.

Stay sober friends!

20 Likes

Happy Birthday to @CATMANCAM !!!
Checking in day 359. :seven: days to go to one year sober, with grateful anticipation and gratitude for the wonderful support of this community.:peace_symbol::heart::pray:

8 Likes

@CATMANCAM Happy birthday :birthday:

Have a lovely day the sun is shining :sunny: for you :sunny:

3 Likes

I have to ask. What does this look like? :rofl:
I sure hope you meant pool time. :joy:

12 Likes

Day 60 :white_check_mark:

Chilling in the garden. Might BBQ dinner if not it’s still keabab sticks just be in the oven instead.
Don’t want to put too much pressure on myself when I’m actually out in the garden - not anxious to get out here so much. So il take it easy and just not plan anything and take the day as it comes.

What a beautiful day it is :sun_with_face:

15 Likes

That is the power of the vice. The truck is to take that power away from your addiction and give it to yourself. Hold onto the joy you feel in sobriety. Remind yourself of all the heartache and misery your addiction brings and hopefully with support and faith and vigilance we can stack up the days :muscle:t4:. Super proud of your efforts my friend… keep going strong :muscle:t4:

4 Likes

Day 37! Having breakfast & coffee and practicing piano. Enjoying the early morning

15 Likes

Happy birthday Catmancam!! Hope you have a lovely day :slightly_smiling_face::birthday::cake:

Also, have a wonderful 4th July people! :us::fireworks:

Checking in sober :white_check_mark: small numbers for most of you, but it’s been a while since I’ve passed 3 days…

14 Likes

Omg!!! That’s too funny :joy::joy:…I did mean pool time and have corrected.
Thanks for catching that and I’m glad we both got a good laugh to start off the day

8 Likes

You are doing great friend. It is a big deal and you should be proud…5 days and counting! Much love my friend

5 Likes

It’s too funny to correct. I’m leaving my quote if you don’t mind. Someone just made need a laugh. :joy:

6 Likes

I don’t mind at all…go ahead and keep it …I didn’t even think to pass on the laughter …you are so right…have a wonderful day my friend

Edit…I changed it back …cause you are right …it is funny and should bring laughter to all who see it

8 Likes

Day 125

…Jasmine and her friends… :laughing::laughing:.

Hey everyone,

Not a bad holiday morning. I’m feeling dreamy. That doesn’t happen when drinking. Not real dreams, anyway.
Been having many moments where I have to check myself and only consider, and take the step right in front of me. I’m getting healthy. That’s it.

There’s a vague grand plan that will change shapes. Good enough! Don’t pick up, and get healthy. When I get itchy I can look at maps and read history of the fabulous future place. For a bit. More than anything, stay here now! When I was drinking I lived in a fantasy world. I was not ever there, wherever I actually was. So the same habits want to pop up, anything but here and now…stop. It’s my training ground, it’s sacred. I can’t wish it away or despair. It has lessons for me still. I will leave stronger than today. :heartpulse:

16 Likes

Happy Birthday to @CATMANCAM :tada: :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1481. I hope everybody has a good one!

14 Likes

Checking in day 108. I really love these check ins as it is a great opportunity to reflect on my day and how I’m feeling.

Friday tomorrow! Have a great day everyone as you cruise into the weekend :raised_hands:

13 Likes

Day 8

Feeling pretty good. First day off in almost 2 weeks. I find out tonight at midnight if my work goes on strike tomorrow. I’ve got a good “just encase” plan if we do. I feel good about where I am.

I cancelled my premium membership. One of my posts got flagged and deleted. I couldn’t figure out why after reading the guidelines. Even though I love this community, find a ton of value in it… I can’t be complacent to anonymous censorship.

The sun is shining and I’m expecting a good day. Have a great day everyone!

17 Likes

Love those words Lighter. It’s easy to dream of tomorrow. Do you have any mindfulness techniques that help bring you remain in the present?

1 Like

@JazzyS thank you my beautiful friend and sister. You are one who reminds me the beauty of Sober Life.
By the way I wish all my American sober buddies Happy 4th of July!!!

6 Likes

I was scrolling through posts here, unbeknownst to me, my 5yr old was peering over my phone from behind… He just said aloud ‘Im gonna have poop time with friends’ :joy::joy:

Well I hope you have a lovely day together, and I hope you’re feeling better today. Lots of love and hugs to you my friend :heart::people_hugging:

7 Likes