Checking in daily to maintain focus #67

Congrats on the win! :muscle:

2 Likes

Surgery over. Not sure how it all went., more later

8 Likes

2y3m20d
Today is a day. I would much rather be home than at work right now. Im tired and i kept my husband up aswell with my coughing last night. I dont know what the coughing is all about.

But im at work. The day itself is okay tho. Just need to push thru the next 4.5 hours.
Oh and then i get a text from our nurse for tonight amd shes not well so cant make the overnight shift with my son. So that means that i need to do it. Not thrilled about that as i have a body scan and personal training session tmrw but im taking an ā€œit is what it isā€ approach. Id rather her stay home than get my son sick honestly. Im tired of mentally getting worked up/drained over these shifts not being covered. So i just stop fighting it. The serenity prayer comes in handy, which ive been using alot lately:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change (people, places, things and situations)
The courage to change the things i can (me and my reaction)
And the wisdom to know the difference

So ya i hope i have enough energy for tmrws gym appt. Its my monthly body scan and then a free personal training appt. Other than that im not doing much else. So i can rest afterwards hopefully. Hope everyone is enjoying their day!! :butterfly:

22 Likes

Checking in on Day 5, a little bit of struggling, been sleeping moreā€¦ not sure if thatā€™s a good or bad thing but itā€™s been neededā€¦ hope everyone a good day :purple_heart:

17 Likes

Checking on day 581 alcohol free.

Enjoy whatā€™s left of your weekend everybody. Stay safe & sober.

16 Likes

You listening to your needs and doing whatā€™s needed is a very good thing Foxy. Big congrats on day 5 and keep going!

9 Likes

Day 65.

Had a good weekend all in all.

Feeling calm, unusual feeling but welcomed nonetheless.

Hope everythings ok at your end too. :smiley:

Have a good start into next week! :muscle: :slightly_smiling_face:

17 Likes

Second check-in for today with a public service announcementā€¦.

Be careful when you order non alcoholic beverages at restaurants. I donā€™t drink NA beverages for several reasons but my wife ordered one today and the waitress brought her a real beer instead.

The wife took one sip and realized the serverā€™s mistake. Fortunately, she still drinks occasionally so it wasnā€™t the end of the world. My advice would beā€¦ be cautious and always ask the server when they put it down on the table to make sure they brought the NA beverage you actually ordered.

18 Likes

Day 350. Getting close to a year.

Iā€™m starting to think that the seasons changing is making me nostalgic for time I spent doing things I donā€™t want to do anymore. Hind sight through rose colored glasses I suppose.

Overcoming cravings will be my new favorite hobby.

I hope everyone has a good day.

18 Likes

And thatā€™s why I always order beer in bottles, no glass needed :laughing:

Might be different in different countries but here you pretty much always get tappers or bottle choices on the meny.
I always go for the bottles, that way I donā€™t get anything Iā€™m allergic to, and nothing with alcohol.

Donā€™t care if itā€™s not classy. Iā€™m drinking from that bottle anyway. :smiling_face:

8 Likes

Hi all, summerā€™s finally arrived here in East Midlands so enjoying it while it lasts - pub garden at lunchtime, was going to have a ā€˜sod itā€™ beer, didnā€™t though, glad I didnā€™t. So today is 63 days AF and counting.

14 Likes

Checking in day 153 AF :blush:

12 Likes

Excellent PSA :+1:

I mentioned this situation a few months ago when it happened to me at work. A young server ordered drinks for her table and I made them exactly how she asked. After she delivered them she realized one older woman ordered an Arnold Palmer (iced tea/lemonade) and not the John Daly (vodka/iced tea/lemonade) that I made for her. She asked ā€œshould I go switch it?ā€ And Iā€™m like ā€œYes! You have to!ā€ Itā€™s a common drink thatā€™s known to be non-alcoholic so thatā€™s what was expected. But it isnā€™t just a case of them possibly being a sober person. Some people canā€™t have alcohol for medical reasons and Iā€™d hate to feel responsible if someone had a bad reaction. I donā€™t even order mocktails when Iā€™m out, but if I did, Iā€™d have to watch the bartender make it to be sure.

10 Likes

Yea exactly! I was thinking the same thingā€¦that could be a potentially disastrous mistake because Iā€™m sure most people who order the NA beverages are sober or canā€™t have alcohol for medical reasons like you said. Either way, it could really have dangerous repercussions.

4 Likes

Iā€™m late as usual :see_no_evil: but still here are my best belated birthday wishes for you Aga :tada::balloon::four_leaf_clover::sunflower:
Hope you had a good day .

4 Likes

So beautiful!

1 Like

Day 93 and Day 1 of my road trip. Made it to the hotel after a looong delay only 45 minutes from the end. Surprise severe weather with flooding and big hail. I had just barely made it to some ghost town that happened to have a car wash with bays and a roof! The sky turned green and it started flooding. Then, hail. And somehow there was a magical car wash!

Now Iā€™m in the middle of nowhere at a hotel, on a nice cool night in another state with a cheeseburger. Glad I came north despite the drama. Oh and Iā€™m driving the speed limit now with my out of state plates. Now I can slow down. I havenā€™t had a chance to take pictures but will start tomorrow.

Not a thought of drinking. Not even when I was trapped in the car wash. I just had to wee very badly. :laughing: Adventure!

22 Likes

@CATMANCAM thank you!!!

6 Likes

Thanks @acromouse . The bad news is that I am in day 0 binging with food. Pizza was the stumbling block

2 Likes

@JazzyS . This last hours are difficult for me because some emotional stress. I try to follow your advice of connecting here

2 Likes