Checking in daily to maintain focus #69

Dana….
I love you friend :people_hugging:
I’m so thankful for and WHO YOU ARE that I’ve gotten to know a bit. You are strong! Don’t ever let that voice tell you other wise. We live to fight another day together. :heart:

7 Likes

Late night check in. Getting into bed. Long, productive day, with stress and negative energy avoided.
After putting my daughter to bed, I pushed through the temptation for procrastination and did the dishes & tidied the kitchen. I haven’t procrastinated on anything in over a week.
Going to bed proud and sober, setting myself up for a decent sleep and a chance to hit the ground running again first thing in the morning.

Peace and success to you too.

19 Likes

Day 710

Life is overwhelming. But not all bad. I just feel like I am doing everything I can and every time I turn around there is another thing to take care of/do.

Some of it makes me happy, like doing things for the kids.
Some of it feels crushing, like no matter what it will never be enough.

But all in all, I am sober. And grateful that these almost 2 years clean have given me a life worth living.

Just super emotional right now. But it’ll all work out one way or another

25 Likes

Good morning. 56 days alcohol free. I have a work event tonight. We are getting wrist bands in the bar after a meal which will allow us to indulge. I have zero intentions of the negative sort. I will be driving anyway and I have a long run planned for tomorrow. I’m looking forward to a nice meal, I may have a coke or something I’ve committed to no AF beer so that’s not on the menu either. I’ll slip away home after an hour or so. I’m strong and have no concerns thankfully :pray:

23 Likes

Visited the 17th century synagogue yesterday. Despite some renovations going on it’s such a beautiful tranquil meditative spot in town. Later the amount of people in the streets and shops overwhelmed me a bit. After living here for 58 years. Is it age? I don’t know.

I’m OK now and ready for another day. Let’s make it as good a day as we all can friends. Together, sober and clean. Love from the women’s gallery.

@Butterflymoonwoman :people_hugging: :heart: :people_hugging:
@Scorpn Glad to see you friend. Thanks for checking in. :heart: :people_hugging: :heart:

28 Likes

@Dazercat thanks for making sure I remember I have these wonderful people supporting my sobriety online

Checking in, lots going on with my boyfriend and I. Having to set boundaries is hard, but will be worth it. Found out he was lying to me about his drinking and how often it has been since he has been off probation. Trying to encourage meetings and stay in my own lane. He has to want it for himself and not just to be with me. But I will not lower my standards and be with someone who is drinking to excess. I can potentially see a drink from time to time for them but not excessively. I might have to eventually let go completely but for today I told him I needed space because he is not healthy for me to be around right now.

21 Likes

292 days
Gym again in the morning. Thats every day since Sunday this week.
Had a few errands to run in the middle of the day before it was back to the gym for kids training. The youngest had a couple classes and the older one is injured so did some stretching and rehab with her mum. I also found time to do some rehab on my leg from an old injury.
Got work tomorrow, will be a day of training, all outside so hopefully the weather holds out

19 Likes

@Suzrene These are some brave and kind choices you are making there. Congratulations on setting healthy boundaries. Sending you strenght and some soothing calm vibes for a probably strenuous time.
@Mno The light in that place is awesome :sun_with_face: Thanks for sharing.
@Dustysprungfield Thanks for sharing your plan for the event. Sounds good and a good reminder for me as I sometimes find these kinds of events quite difficult.
@Scorpn Sending you calming and positive vibes for your funk :ocean: :lotus:
@PositiveThoughts Sounds like you are really thriving in your sobriety :smiling_face:
@jbaldwin84 Sounds like you truly are reinventing your self and your life :cyclone:
@Just_Laura I often feel like that after an exhausting time. Not only physically and mentally tired but also like my emotions need to reset - the blah feeling. Hope you have some time for self care :heart_hands:
@Tyland You are doing the hardes work there friend. Keep at it. Sending you strength and comfort.
@Butterflymoonwoman Hugs coming your way from over the ocean :ocean: :people_hugging: . I believe crying is the most intimate kind of prayer :palms_up_together: I hope a good night’s sleep will make things easier on you.
@Shel75 Hope your foot recovers quickly :adhesive_bandage: :mending_heart:

302 sugar
166 UPF
40 gluten
40 dairy

My daughter’s migraine seams to have receded, she is off to school. I am very glad about that. I already did today’s groceries and want to spend the morning on more story development. I’ve come up with an interesting idea I want to pursue. I am not really shure it will work out but I am willing to go down a few rabbit holes even if they should turn out dead ends.
I’m going to take a bike ride to pick up produce from the cropsharing group we are a part of later in the afternoon. A bit of yoga and a meeting in the evening.

Love from my city in early autumnal mood :heart: :fallen_leaf: :lotus:

22 Likes

Day453. Working till 12 then off sick. Migraine which isn’t going anywhere. I’m looking after myself for a change and taking some time off

18 Likes

168 days sober
Today I’m struggling with anxiety and thoughts of drinking. I remind myself drinking won’t lower my anxiety nor will it take away the harsh reminders of my past. It won’t fix anything. It doesn’t help. If I drink it will only cause more darkness within my mind and heart. It will only heighten my anxiety. It will not help me in any way. I am drawn to the desire for temporary numbness and the ability to forget even if for a few moments and have to remind myself that these are not benefits to be gained by drinking.

I’m not going to drink today or tomorrow or the day after.

27 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1558. I hope everybody has a good one!

21 Likes

Day 32
Laying in bed with covid. Spouse has it, too. Never felt so sick in years. On the plus side I have zero longing for a drink - besides peppermint tea :slightly_smiling_face:

20 Likes

Thanks for checking in and reminding yourself and us all that drinking (or indulging in any of our addictions) would help with anything at all. Good days and bad days. Never again. Hugs.

7 Likes

Day 2371. I think…lol. yesterday was fun…I cut meat on a ban saw and got to use the industrial suze bacon slicer. My back is sore, but this a lot more physical than my last job. So far so good.

23 Likes

Happy Thursday all! 0500 here and im just wrapping up my morning routine prior to getting out of bed. Very positive even though there is so much going on. It would be very easy to become overwhelmed but I keep turning it over to my higher power (God) ans I know everything will work out the way it should.

Make it an awesome day my friends!

18 Likes

Good for you! Small things like cleaning the kitchen and not procrastinating add up. Here’s to another successful day.

4 Likes

Rest up and hope for a speedy recovery

3 Likes

I’m sorry you’re struggling!. How you presented your thoughts makes much sense. Thanks for the reminder as to why drinking is never a good idea!

4 Likes

Hey, just checking in at the end of the day. Have as good a day or night as you can friend… :v:

14 Likes

Sending you :people_hugging: lots love :two_hearts:

3 Likes