Checking in daily to maintain focus #69

Thank you for reaching out, yes, fortunately we are safe, the flood didn’t cause too much damage to my city. Crazy times indeed.

6 Likes

Checking in! :wave:t2:
Not feeling too happy, but that has to do with my monthly hormone disorder I guess! :roll_eyes:
My mom is all busy with moving houses, I think she’s excited despite all, moving from the flat she’s lived with dad (who passed recently) to a new place, will do her well and is keeping her busy!
Peanut keeps peeing around! :exploding_head::exploding_head: I’ve had some kittens in my life, but this one takes potty training to the next level! At least he does “number 2” where he’s supposed to do it! :sweat_smile:
At work things are not so good. I love my job, and the environment of a golf course, but I work in a very toxic environment when it comes to colleagues and I’m doing my best to keep out of the daily BS drama, but my name keeps showing up in gossip, I’m seriously thinking about changing job after almost 6 years! Now it’s not the moment (end of season), but it’s there on my mind. One door closes, another one opens!! Have a good one everyone! :blush::muscle:t2:

12 Likes

Sending love and hugs my friend. Proud of you for living your life on life’s terms. Do hope that things calm down for you so you can get out of the crushing feeling :people_hugging::people_hugging::heavy_heart_exclamation:
@laner sorry today is such a struggle. How did the day go for you (just realized you wrote this 9 hours ago). Grateful to see the mind shift and not thinking that drinking would be a solution…that’s a huge step forward :muscle:t4:
@timbuk welcome to the community and I’m so sorry to hear about you and your spouse having COVID. Hope the two recover quickly :pray:t4:
@SKhan great to see you checking in. Sorry to hear about your marriage. Sobriety really does provide clarity and like you said not all of it is what you would expect. Glad that you are maintaining a good relationship with your kids. Really love the positive attitude… keep it up my friend
@flux welcome to the community and congratulations on day 2. Glad you are here with us fighting the good fight :muscle:t4:
@zse sorry your first AA experience was not so great. Glad you are giving it another shot. How did it go?
@Lighter glad you caught yourself from spiraling and becoming overwhelmed. I am the same way and we really do need to stay on top of it cause that exaggeration isn’t so far fetched :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.
@dan.h84 congratulations on your 2 months!!! :muscle:t4::tada::confetti_ball:.
@Mischa84 What a sweet gift :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. I swear people can be so damn pushy and judgemental. Glad this recent time didn’t cause a binge. Sorry that you did feel the pressure at all. Seriously…when did refusing to have something become such a big issue for those around us
@sarath_unrelax congratulations on your 5 days and possible positive attitude
@Jesile ugh! You do need to enjoy your work space and it sucks when it’s so full of drama. Are you able to put feelers out so you have a backup if you do choose to leave

6 Likes

IMG_1251
Covid sucks. Sorry you have to go through it

3 Likes

IMG_1602

2 months sober is awesome!

4 Likes

5 days is alright!
IMG_1335

4 Likes

@JazzyS spirals for you too? It’s the opposite of mindfulness for me, it’s based in anxiety, an overwhelming urge to ‘fix’ everything and add lots of new things too. Big HALT :raised_hand: Decided that one or two big changes is good for now. Volunteer job plus a swimming gym routine is good for next week! I’m also the type of person who will spiral with exercise, get injured and be unable to exercise at all. :wink:. I don’t know slow exists as a speed. Thank you for sharing. I feel less strange now…haha

5 Likes

Checking in. My day is going well. Went to a work luncheon which was nice. Got to chat with my boss whom i rarely see and we usually only have time to talk about work related stuff. Im lucky to have a job i love and a cool boss. My last job was a nightmare in every way.
I did pretty well bowling last night. Some of the guys on the opposing team were shocked that I’ve progressed so much. I actually beat a few of them. They are all friends of my husband and they’ve been bowling together for 30-some years. I just started a year or so ago and only in leagues since spring. I have so much fun bowling. I have so much more confidence since i quit drinking. I spent so many years sitting in a bar or drinking at home alone that i was afraid to do anything out of my comfort zone.
I’ve been feeling really good mentally since i came back from vacation. I think i needed a reset.
Hope everyone is having a great sober day.

14 Likes

I’m in Texas, U.S., about an hour northwest of Austin.

1 Like

Just a quick update :smiling_face::pray:
Everything is going well, alot of pain, I’m home and dealing with it, reminding myself this time will pass.
I’m some strong medication so not really posting but have been reading all your posts :hugs:
Tried today to skip some doses of post operation meds and it was too soon. The pain is bad, the meds are too they make me feel sick. I’m hoping moving around when I’m able will be the best healer.

Very tired, so grateful for you all :pray::sparkles:

16 Likes

Welcome home Twizzlers!

I’m so happy to hear you’re ok and back at home :people_hugging: I’m sorry about the pain. I hope the meds help and you can rest and recover :heart:

3 Likes

I totally relate and feel the anxiety of taking on more than I can handle+but not realizing it’s too much till it’s too late). You most definitely are not alone in this

Being sober really helps in allowing myself to be more mindful and taking it slow.

On days where I’m able and well I still find myself getting carried away (luckiily I catch myself in time).

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I hear ya. Working on this myself and hope we both find that balance.

4 Likes

Thanks for the update love. So sorry that you are in so much pain and that the meds are making you sick. Can you reach out to someone to see if they can change up the meds? Maybe Something else might not give you such a sick feeling.
Sending love and healing vibes your way…hope you are pain free and recovering soon :pray:t4::people_hugging::heart:

3 Likes

Pain management should be #1 concern first couple weeks. Two surgeries in two months I kind of have some experience. Sending love and comfort.

4 Likes

Just back from my event, it was a nice evening some lovely dinner and good company. There was tears from some of the jokes flying. Into the pub which was open bad but I didn’t have any major issues. There was aa very small twinge when I was handed my wrist band for the bar but it quickly passed. I gave into some peer pressure and has 2 zero Heineken with the boys who were drinking deep. I’m somewhat disappointed I had those 2 but it’s not a major issue for me.
I can honestly say I didn’t mind slipping away home. Going to sleep well now as I’m flat out busy tomorrow. Need to try and squeeze in an 18 mile run somewhere also :see_no_evil:
Good night :pray:

8 Likes

Day 1371,

At ease, have a sober 24 hours.

14 Likes

Spent today off with my folks. It’s been so much better since becoming sober. And what do ya know, my sobriety brought on sobreity for my step father as well. He’s just over a month. Things have been becoming like a home again with all of us. I’m grateful for that. Blessed.
Now to relax in the dark with a good candle and some :ghost: movies before back work tmrw.

Stay strong my sober family. Appreciate you guys

13 Likes

Congrats JB!! That’s awesome you were able to share and spread the message of recovery with your step father. Glad things are going well for you and your family. Proud of you dude!! Keep it up

4 Likes

Thanks brother. And likewise. It’s become apparent in my sobriety that I really don’t have to say much to those around me. My actions and daily walk do all the talking about change. Wild how foggy we were in our hurts and destruction ain’t it?! Be easy brother

6 Likes

Exactly. Hard work and doing the right thing can be contagious. This definitely is a way better life. There’s no going back to the old ways. One day at a time

5 Likes