Checking in daily to maintain focus #69

Welcome back Shay! Im glad u returned and are seeking support again :slight_smile: its good to see u!

3 Likes

Hi lady. :heart: Grateful to be back. :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

Day 920
Had a busy morning! Had to wake up super early to make an appt for 8am. I was nervous about today as we had to change over one of my sons medical equipment to something new and sort of unfamiliar to me. Turns out the change wasnt that bad. I had to watch a few videos and play around with the machine, but i think i got it figured out. Grateful thats over with!

We came home and relaxed. It was nice to take it easy for the rest of the day. Played a couple board games as a family and now just putting my son to bed.

I have another anxiety filled event coming up on friday. My sons friend is having a bday party and yaā€¦ im excited for him to see his friend and whatnot but im just feeling anxious about having to be social with other parents there. Its weird bcuz i never, ever used to be nervous around people. I mean, my godā€¦ i used to provide services to complete strangers and if thats not being nervous around people, than i dont know what is lol I was always a social butterfly in the problem and here i am now nervous about social events. Its not like i attend them often. Im very much a homebody now that im clean and sober. I will pray about it and just try to enjoy the event.

Congratulations to those coming back and to those that are celebrating milestones. Have a great night everyone!

19 Likes

Any other podcasts you recommend?

2 Likes

Day 431 AF
Iā€™m struggle with my back the last few days. The pain has been a challenge to say the least.

Iā€™m continuing with my meetings and Iā€™m enjoying attending and meeting new sober people.

I hope everyone sleeps well.

16 Likes

@Courtni Another thread mentioned the ā€˜Stop Drinking Coachā€™ podcasts, seems to be available in all the usual places.

3 Likes

Day 1040 AF

Whatā€™s up, gang.

Went out to breakfast with the wifey for our 18th year anniversary. Then we went for a walk at the beach.

Picked up the kiddos from school around noon and just chilled at the pad.

Nothing much going on right now. Gonna go for a walk at the park in a bit, watch AHS, and pass out.

Hope everyoneā€™s doing well. Take care. ODAAT :heart:

23 Likes

Hey friend! Congratulations to u and ur wife on ur 18th year anniversary! Thats awesome

5 Likes

Hey, friend. Thank you. Idk how she put up with my craziness. She has always been there for me through my darkest times, and I love her for that. Iā€™m glad I can give her a better life sober. She deserves it. Iā€™m not perfect, but I try my best.

ā€¦I feel yā€™all on your social anxiety. I am the same way. But it feels good talking to other folks. Itā€™s gonna be all right, friend. :blush:

5 Likes

Just checking in :slight_smile:

Ive been deep diving in the house. Cleaning and organizing hubbys shop, redid our nephews room and sons room - just plastered and preparing to paint. Hanging pictures. Painted a chalk wall on daughters one wall in her room, and fixed some old holes that desperatelt needed it. Adding some black accents because thats her colour now dont you know we have a teenage 8 uear old.

Praying on finding my own peace. I feel in some cases a willingnessbto apologize for harms done, even if that person has harmed me asbwell and would never apologize. Its okay. Grieving my relationship with my dad, and unclear how to move forward but I have to let it goā€¦I cannot keep trying to explain myself to those who have no intention of trying to understand. Disrespect and harm equals a distance for my own peace; and knowing I have done all I can.

Looks like things arent going to work at my old job. They sought me out and asked what would incentivize me to return and I tokd them; I didntbask for anything over the top, just a small pay increase and the same hours and they didnt even return with a counter. Sometimes keeping your boundaries means peopke will pass. Im disappointed and dont really understand why they asked me what they wanted, without even telling me what they needed or were looking for and then just told me no. But hey, one door closes.

Dont dine with those you wouldnt starve with.

Days my son is in daycare he is awake so late at night and I thought it was because hes napping there but when he was off for 2 weeks with us he still napped some days and went to bed fine. One of the staff said they dont get to run around much so Ill bring that up at some point to the supervisor.
.bunch of stuff on the to do list and hubby starts at the hospital next week. Will then get to looking for a job for myself that lets me be the default parent.

Thinking of my mom and nephew a lot. She wrnt to visit him yesterday for the first time since he moved and it wrnt okay. Man what a mountain weā€™ve been climbing sometimes I just want to stand of the edge of that GD cliff and scream it all out.

Kind of a down day but hey Im sober and its okay to feel sad and disappinted. Tomorrows a new day. Xo.

11 Likes

Happy Anniversary! 18 years is a milestone!

4 Likes

@MrsOdh Thatā€™s so funny :joy: My grandma said my dad slept in a drawer! I canā€™t say much tho, my daughter slept in a laundry basket on a pillow. Cheaper and more portable than a bassinet :upside_down_face:
@Bomdhil Gross :cockroach: Nasty neighbors are the worst. When mine got evicted, mice started venturing into my apartment. Thank God for my cats :smirk_cat: But the first time I ever saw a cockroach was when I moved into this apartment, and they were everywhere! I found a pretty cheap gel/paste repellent you put around the cracks and after 2 weeks of that(and diligent cleaning) they were completely gone, havenā€™t seen one since. Idk if you own your home, but if you rent, the landlord should help. Hope this issue resolves soon :pray:
@Alycia That sober night out sounds awesome! Hope you have fun :grin:

Another shift scheduled alone. Not too busy, but of course there was a table that wanted to sit outside downstairs at the same time the others arrived :face_exhaling: So much running, but it was aight. Weā€™ve had fall like weather the past few days which makes it much easier to keep moving. Layed down for half hour after work(didnā€™t sleep) and recharged enough to make it thru the rest of the evening. Now Iā€™m just cuddling with my kitties. It kinda feels like I have a head cold coming on, but Iā€™m hoping itā€™s just my allergies acting up :crossed_fingers:

Iā€™ve been thinking about how ever since I was a little girl I always had a diary/journal. I wrote in it every night before bed and kept it under my pillow. That was, until my daughterā€™s father completely invaded my privacy and read it while drunk one night, finding something from the past to make him mad. I never journaled again. It just makes me that much more grateful to have a place like this to write about my thoughts, or boring day :sweat_smile: I know my posts arenā€™t always recovery related, but I just wanted to thank you all for reading and caring :heart: Wishing you all a wonderful day :blush:

17 Likes

Been there! Itā€™s no fun, you got this thing

2 Likes

Day 58 - started the day off a bit groggy, but I was able to get a good workout in and stopped by a family members house. Just some little victories, but they sure make me feel better

13 Likes

I have a day of working a nursing shift to come, ahead of a three day weekend. Yesterday I had a good day, got to talk to some trusted colleagues, and had some gripping and intimate (and some less intimate ones too) conversations with my peers admitted to the detox. Really was a good day. The key to recovery lies in connection and I found some good connections yesterday at work. Happy with that. And thanks for the feedback @Rob11 and @SoberWalker :heart: :heart:

I also restarted my habit of writing my morning thoughts or diary or whatever I want to call it when I get up. Together with writing here thatā€™s something like 45 minutes of writing in the morning. Itā€™s good for me on many levels. I love to write, it gets my creative juices flowing, practice makes me a better writer, a better thinker, a better feeler. So Iā€™m happy with that. One day at a time and I feel you on this one @Just_Laura (everything we do in recovery is recovery related IMHO) and @MrsOdh (go for it!).
Letā€™s have as good a day as we all can friends. Make it sober and clean to begin with or nothing will come of it. Love from my pet storeā€™s cat and me.

Itā€™s great seeing some old friends checking in here. As well as some new ones of course :sunglasses: Weā€™re in this together.
@Jftself Thanks for checking in Anthony, happy youā€™re doing well. Keep working and keep improving friend.
@ChicagoT Thanks for checking in Tom, very nice to see you!
@Alycia Always nice to see you Alycia, congrats on your days, the place and night out sounds fantastic! Too bad Perth is a bit far for me or I would join you there next time. :people_hugging:
@Courtni It is ā€œWhen stress hits is when I drankā€ now! Congrats on 5 days and keep going, youā€™re doing excellent!
@Ballroomdaze Congrats on making it through the day sober, and hereā€™s hoping the pizza was a good one! :yum: :pizza: :yum:

24 Likes

Hi @Desire2ChangeToday ā€¦ so good to see you although sad circumstances.
Very sorry about your Momā€™s cancer.
Glad you realized you didnā€™t want to go back down the drunk, feeling bad road and are starting back at Day one again.
Glad you reined it in quickly. Itā€™s an evil addiction.

Welcome back to your Day Two coming right on up with 5 Years of experience behind you.

Lots of new posts and people on the forum and as you know, lots of support here for you.

ODAAT. No drinking. No chicken!
:people_hugging::people_hugging::people_hugging:

9 Likes

Iā€™ve always had my kids sleeping on a mƤtress on the floor, next to me on another mƤtress of course felt so much safer than a bassinet they could flip over. Itā€™s not until they got pretty big they got their own beds. 12 y/o is like me and still falls out of bed sometimes in his sleep :smiling_face:

Iā€™m sorry about your crazy ex reading your diary. And Iā€™m glad you feel that you can write about your thoughts and ideas here. Everything doesnā€™t have to be about recovery all the time. I love to read about everyoneā€™s daily life here. Because weā€™re so much more than that. If everything was strictly recovery related I probably wouldnā€™t be here. This place makes me feel normal. Because besides all I like all of us still have an everyday life to balance. Still have laundry to wash, dinners to make, kids that needs help with homeworks. Reading about how people get through that while in recovery is a blessing.

10 Likes

I will, thank you :blush:
Never been a journal/ diary writing person. I remember my Ma tried to make me write a diary when I was a kid. It never stuck, I preferred reading or making up stories for my siblings and the other kids on the street.
We had a football field in the middle of our street, a ā€œhomemadeā€ one that all the parents had went together to make for us. All the kids always used to gather there to play some kind of sports, horses, it whatever. Ma forced us out on the house, I refused to play with the kids and found a quiet place close to the football field where I could read in peace. :laughing:

During fall we used to gather in the dark and tell Ghost stories. Our parents (All belong to the same church) didnā€™t allow anything like that, so being outside was perfect. I used to scare those kids for life with my stories, and then I had to walk half of them home. :blush:

7 Likes

Thank you Aga! I always love your posts and answersā€¦ They always got something special to me :heart:

3 Likes

Good morning. Thursday, almost Friday which is pretty much the weekend. And itā€™s pay day!
Saving is my jam at the moment, we have big plans for summer 2025 and itā€™s going to take a lot of resource so Iā€™m on it.
Instead of slashing ā‚¬200 up against a wall this weekend itā€™s going in the bank which will be spent on my family in 10 months time. Itā€™s a great buzz.
Make some plans, set a big goal for summer 25 and work hard towards it.
Gabe a great day, hereā€™s to anything 24 :muscle:

14 Likes