Checking in daily to maintain focus #69

@BrOKenWolf well done on 1000 days :clap: :clap: :clap: Youā€™re in the elite 1000s club :grin:

3 Likes

Hi Shay.
Welcome back love :heart:

2 Likes

Llamicorn :rainbow: :thinking:
Iā€™m hurt I wast tagged in on this :wink:

3 Likes

Out fishing trying to think about everything nothing but fishing :fishing_pole_and_fish: but its not working ugh

5 Likes

Llamapoligies my friend!

3 Likes

Got some possible good news todayā€¦ The sober living house I stay at has apartments across the street and once you been here a certain amount of time and move up the list your eligible to move over there. Your supposed to be here a year before that happens but so many people have come and gone that Iā€™m already next on the list and there is 2 open apartments. Management is going to make a decision Monday as to if Iā€™m going to be able to move over there. I would have my own 1 bed room apartment with a kitchen and my own bathroom. I would still have to go to the 2 mandatory meetings a week at the house and of course pay rent and maintain full time employment. Iā€™m trying to not get my hopes up but itā€™s a very good possibility this is happening in the next few days. Iā€™m more excited about getting better sleep as of not being in the actual sober living I share a room with 4 people. So I would sleep better at the apartment. I also would have better availability for my job as I wouldnā€™t have a curfew. But to be honest besides work there is no reason for me to be going out past 10pm and I wonā€™t if this happens. I also could be able to cook my own food and this would be awesome because Iā€™ve been wanting to improve my diet and experiment with a semi vegetarian diet ā€¦ more greens and vegetables. My diet over the years has been a lot of junk, fast food , TV dinners and I know itā€™s done a number on my well being. Having my own kitchen and being able to explore healthier eating would be awesome. As much as this has me thinking I might be distracted till I find out if I move over there Iā€™m trying to stay grounded and in today. If itā€™s supposed to happen then it will. Other then that just made it through a busy day at the restaurant. We had a lot of reservations and catering orders but me and the other dishwasher knocked it out and we work together really well. I did my meeting after work and stayed a little after to talk to some other alcoholics and Iā€™m getting better with the social anxiety with exposure therapy. I donā€™t get over my fears unless I face them. Iā€™m pretty much done for the day and now just meditating on my life and very grateful. Not to long ago I was sitting in jail and terrified not knowing if I was even going home any time soon and worried about my life and how was I going to escape this madness I been living in for a decade. Institutions and rehabs and detoxes , hospitals , homelessness, jail . I been living like this for to long and it feels good to be living the right way and getting into a routine for once in my life that doesnā€™t involve my next drink or drug. Iā€™m very grateful. I donā€™t think Iā€™m on a pink cloud because Iā€™m not saying I donā€™t have bad days but I know Iā€™m learning from my past and Iā€™m optimistic for the future. Still dealing with some fears but it will get better with time. Thatā€™s about all for now. Going to read around here some more and then chill out for the rest of the night. Love you all !!

-Trevor

24 Likes

Good morning sober fam :v:

Feeling a bit drained. Time for some meditation and workout!

I promise myself to give my best to be my best today :seedling::sunflower:

Have as good a day or night as you can friend :heart:

11 Likes

Day 923
Have some really exciting news! Something that has become possible for me to do bcuz of recovery.

September is Childhood Cancer Awareness month and i was invited by other oncology moms to join the Childhood Cancer Awareness team that gives blood to help those in need. I dont know if the blood donated goes directly to a child who is needing blood due to cancer but either way what i donate will help someone. This event is happening on Sept 24 and i feel very blessed to be able to do this, especially since Childhood Cancer Awareness month is so close to my heart. I have been completely clean from all mind altering susbtances for some time now and so I feel really good about giving back. So blessed to be in recovery! :butterfly:

24 Likes

@Tragicfarinelli Sleepā€¦so many of ourā€™s nemesis. Iā€™m lucky if Iā€™m blessed with a good nightā€™s sleep once a month! My room is pitch black, I even cover my clock. I use a high velocity fan or else I hear every little noise. Plus, Iā€™m used to wearing ear plugs after 18 years of snoring boyfriends and tried going without but canā€™t now, and I still hear noises! Sorry for the rant, but I feel you girl :people_hugging:

@Bluekoolaid Iā€™ve really been enjoying your posts lately. So inspiring and uplifting. Positivity can really take you far :sparkles: Youā€™re definitely keeping to the right track :+1:

Well, last night actually may have been my good nights sleep for the month. I donā€™t remember the last time I was so tired I immediately went to bed after work. Lucky too, bc I worked all day today, and to say it was a shitshow would be a massive understatement :poop: The details donā€™t matter, except that I didnā€™t get to sit down once in 11 hours. Ughā€¦but I got thru it, itā€™s over. Just one more shift before a day of rest and I can finally start thinking about back to school stuff. Iā€™ve done nothing yet, but Iā€™ve had no time to worry so itā€™s all good :hugs: I know Iā€™ll get it done. Iā€™m feeling a bit disconnected here, but the need for sleep is greater than the need for connection at the moment. Iā€™ll soon have much more time to catch up :pray: Have a great 24 everyone!

13 Likes

This is why me and my varicose veins do not miss working in restaurants/catering! :sob:

4 Likes

This is something I have experienced and still do, and itā€™s very annoying. Like, youā€™re working your ass off to stay on track, and people have no clue what itā€™s taking you. I always think ā€œhopefully in a near future you wonā€™t be waking in my shoesā€ā€¦

6 Likes

@Laner thank you :blush:
@Shel75 well done for posting here instead of drinking :clap:t2::star2:
@Jesile Iā€™m sorry for the loss of your two kitties :crying_cat_face::crying_cat_face::people_hugging::mending_heart: and congrats on sticking to your boundaries :clap:t2::star2:
@Courtni congrats on your week+ :tada: Fridays will soon become just another day :blush: they were very hard for me at first too.
@Bluekoolaid that all sounds really hopeful :blush::crossed_fingers:t2:

1475 days no alcohol.
940 days no cocaine.
455 days no vape.
28 days no crisps, no binge-eating.

Not much to update since I only posted my check-in at 4pm yesterday afternoon. I woke up early, have caught-up here, now I will read a chapter of the book Iā€™m reading, then take it from there.

Enjoy the rest of your sober weekends :blush:

šŸ©µ

15 Likes

@Courtni well done one week down , I always feel a bit funny the night before a milestone but youā€™ve got your first Friday night done and you should be proud of you :hugs:
@Bluekoolaid that sounds amazing Iā€™ll put you in my prayers
@Butterflymoonwoman so glad you can give something back :heart:
@Just_Laura i remember those days being a chef itā€™s relentless :roll_eyes: get that sleep in while you can ā€¦

5 Likes

Day 685

Depressed and exhaustedā€¦
But another day down.

Needing ideas for ā€œexperienceā€ gifts for my daughters 15th birthday. She doesnā€™t want a physical gift ā€¦
But Iā€™m struggling to just make it through the day and canā€™t think of anything

15 Likes

Iā€™m still reflecting on the emdr session I did Friday. Wrote about it yesterday, and posted that in the lounge, sorry for those that want but canā€™t read it. But itā€™s bloody personal so it needs a little bit of protection. Writing helps. Did have a good nightā€™s rest and now not quite sure what to do this Sunday, but something will pop up, either at home or outside. Or both. One more week before my vacation starts :man_dancing: :dancer: :mirror_ball: :partying_face: :heart:.

Dinner with sis and her youngest was nice last night. We both decided to invest more time and effort into our own neighbourhoods (we live in adjacent ones). I used to be so centred on the city center but it has become too touristy, too busy, too Venice like. In the morning itā€™s OK. After that itā€™s not. Our own neighbourhoods are still very nice and mixed.

Have as good a day as you all can friends. Make it sober and clean or nothing else will come of. Love. Pic is the bathhouse-turned-restaurant close to my sisā€™ place.

@Laner Hoping today is better Laner. But good days and bad ones, drinking never helps. Well you know. Letā€™s keep reminding ourselves of that fact.
@CATMANCAM Enjoy your book. Screw the scammers. :people_hugging:
@Butterflymoonwoman Thanks Dana, thanks for being here and thanks for being the awesome person you are :heart:
@Kareness Good work for standing up for yourself and your worth. Hugs.
@MrMoustache No smoking in my place. Theyā€™re free to go onto the balcony and smoke there. Anyway, what works for you. Congrats on your days.
@Jesile Have a great week Jenny! Enjoy your time, which indeed is YOUR time!!!
@Bluekoolaid Great news Trevor! Fingers crossed it all works out and youā€™ll have your own place. Would be great you get to cook for yourself and have your own space.
@Scorpn Always good to see you check in friend. Hereā€™s hoping you have the opportunity to rest a bit. Big hugs.

21 Likes

Iā€™m here, Iā€™m alive, Iā€™m sober and Iā€™m happy.
Day 179.

My 14 y/o have a tendency to snow in on things as we say here. Not uncommon with autistic kids.
His current obsession is native American culture, a lot of it thanks to the wonderful kids show Spirit Rangers.
Yesterday he tried to invoke the wakiya the thunderbirds. By playing a special kind of music and do a dance he learned from a girl on youtube who teach native american dances.
To his big surprise it actually worked, and we had a huge thunderstorm during the night, with extreme wind and hail.

So now he is even more convinced that he is indeed somehow related to the native Americans.
I know weā€™re at least part gypsies, but thereā€™s no documents in the world to prove it. They all got burned in a fire when my grandmother was young.

And I guess if people can say that they have ā€œGypsy bloodā€ or a ā€œgypsy heartā€ ā€œgypsy soulā€ or whatever thatā€™s trending on social Media, he could probably say that he has a native soul. Until next obsession.

We never made it to the pool yesterday, my husband couldnā€™t fit in his bathing shorts anymore. The boys got to choose what they wanted to do instead, and they choose the cheese store. I decided that weā€™re going to the pool next weekend with or without bathing shorts for my husband :joy:

Going to clear my closet of summer clothes today and bring out all the awesome fall items. I might have ordered a new fall sweater, and a Christmas sweater as well two days ago.
Kjp (Kiel James Patrick) dupe from Temu.

Doesnā€™t matter if itā€™s a Temu copy or the real deal since they donā€™t make their own sweaters in U.S anymore, theyā€™re all imported and according to the homepage reviews the quality is about the same. Over here Iā€™m pretty much the only one who knows that the brand even exist so Iā€™m good with my copyā€™s.

Then thereā€™s of course an ethical aspects of Temu in general. But even H&M makes their clothes in unethical ways. So I guess fashion will be unethical no matter how you try. Itā€™s sad.
And I rather spend money on items thatā€™ll last more than one season than buying anything from H&M. (Had my last fall sweaters which I bought the same way for years now)

Besides that weā€™re starting to plan for the Trunk or Treat. No politics involved since we didnā€™t hear a word from the city hall after the first discussion and they havenā€™t returned or emails. Which is the only way to contact them. So weā€™re doing it without them.

Gonna give myself this week off as well, and then I plan to start writing when school should have started for me at Sept. 1st.

And weā€™re going to start the renovations of the boys room so theyā€™ll sleep in the living room this week.

Thatā€™s all Folks :heavy_heart_exclamation:
Wishing yā€™all a wonderful day.

15 Likes

267 days
Up early on Sunday to get ready for my daughterā€™s tournament today. She was put into a bracket with kids 2 years older. She came 2nd and definitely gave the eventual winner a hard time. Was really proud of her effort.
After that we went out for lunch. Once home the stress of the morning for me caught up and I had a little afternoon nap haha.

13 Likes

Hi Dana,

Thank you lovely lady, loving see your numbers rack up too. I remember your struggles and early relapses as you got closer and closer to the 30 then 50 day mark etc etc, now youā€™re way up there closing in on 4 digits yourself and I am immensely proud of you.

Always knew that once you dug your heels in and grit your teeth youā€™d break those barriers and continue your journey.

Lovely to see you smashing them.

Sending much love your way as always x

:muscle:t3::facepunch:t3::heart:

7 Likes

Day 195
Stormy Sunday night check in. Busy weekend. Awesome sober Kublai Khan concert last night. Felt so good to experience an amazing gig sober. Some serious weather this evening.

24 Likes
  1. The sun is back! Iā€™m planning a day of chores (service makes me happy). Including gardening and some house DIY for my mother in law. Will probably take a solo walk out of the valley up into the village. Have a good 24 all. The earplugs helped last night, and sleep improves me as a person massively. :hear_no_evil::hear_no_evil::hear_no_evil:
14 Likes