Checking in daily to maintain focus #69

Day 286, company i baught my wheel from was super helpful and had great customer service. Part for my wheel will be here tomorrow. My beautiful girl addie rose also turns 7 tomorrow. One on one session with counselor yesterday went good, got everything ready for license and my little session with the guy at the half way house went well too. Heather has covid, been trying to help keep her well with some meds and helping around the house. Work is going good, i am very grateful for life today. Much love

13 Likes

Woohoo pumpkin spiced is the best :blush:
Me and my sister looks similar, we have different glasses. My nephew whoā€™s 1,5 years old did the same yesterday when I took off my glasses. He sat with my husband and just turn his head back and forth looking to my sister (His Ma) and me.

Iā€™m sure it was confusing just like it was for your nice. However it does come in handy when she needs a babysitter :laughing:

6 Likes

Had an overnight trip to the beach with the family. Actually a typhoon was on its way, although in the end it changed direction and we had good weather, but perhaps because of that there was hardly anyone there, so very relaxing and peaceful. Lovely traditional Japanese meal (the aperitif was a vinegar drink rather than sake so I could drink it too!) and trip to a mini natural history museum the next day.
So today was a chilled day doing loads of washing. Chilled apart from when my daughter sliced the top of her finger off when cutting cucumber. It is a new slicer, so super sharp and blood was coming out quite briskly for several minutes. I was putting pressure on it googling how long it takes blood to stop if it not serious. It said 10 minutes and finally around 8 minutes it started to slow, and finally totally stopped at 15 minutes. Grateful I was alert and in the end all was well.

14 Likes

Day 179

I am exhausted in a good way. Itā€™s raining and I have homemade caramel macchiato. Am I getting old? I think so. Feel like I need a rest day. All right then! Maybe Iā€™ll get some energy later to put everything away and wash the one thousand four hundred fourteen grasshoppers off my car :laughing:

Time to get creative in the kitchen. Itā€™s all backup pantry food. Canned chili and pasta? Yeahhhh. No. Oh Iā€™ll find something. I have frozen veggies to go with that rotini! Too tired to get in the car. Iā€™m 99 today

Lots of love to you

16 Likes
  1. EIGHT MONTHS SOBER AGAIN!! Iā€™m back in London. Few bits to do including a job application submission, and also trying to sort the stupid bathroom out. We plan to do a few nice long walks this week, the eight mile + Richmond circular and also a ramble thru the Chilterns up Christmas Common and around the Ridgeway. Perhaps a Thames walk from Kew back to Central. AdiĆ³s and take care guys! :revolving_hearts:
20 Likes

Checking in with a headache and a bad mood after a pretty much sleepless night. I let myself get upset, well, actually really stupidly upset, at a meeting last night. I felt i was being criticized and questioned needlessly over something i put a lot of work into. Interestingly enough, the person doing the questioning was supposed to be helping me with this and didnā€™t do a damn thing. I kept it together at the meeting, but melted down on the way home, which then caused a fight with my husband. He doesnā€™t understand why i let things bother me so much. I wish i knew. I hate feeling like this. Iā€™m a big ball of anxiety and anger and i hate it. I canā€™t stop rehashing it all in my head. Ugh!!

14 Likes

I like the imagery of a veil being lifted. At the same time it feels like scabs are slowly being peeled off which is a painful yet necessary part of healing. Thank you for the encouragement youā€™ve given.

4 Likes

Checking in! :wave:t2:
I kicked my day off with a 9K walk. Met some ā€œbuddiesā€ on my way;

After that I went to have breakfast at the ā€œplazaā€ of my town!

Little kitten is doing well so far, sheā€™s only been with me 24 hours, so sheā€™s still settling in! The cutest thing ever, but arenā€™t they all?

I have agreed to meet a friend on Friday morning to have a coffee at my place, I keep working on my ā€œhang out with friends phobiaā€! Baby steps! :muscle:t2:

24 Likes

145 days sober
I woke up feeling refreshed and more myself. I went on a hike this morning and did a lot of what I call my crazy talking (talking to my dogs) during it. I felt cleansed after the exercise and saying outloud what I needed to get out of my head. Dogs really are the best listeners.
I was able to get a lot of work done afterwards. I have a 1st edit of the translation finished and had it distributed to several locals to read over and edit. It usually takes me a few edits to get the translation right. I also had another conversation with the potential volunteers and it went really well. They both want to come and have been given permission to make the trip on their end. I got a good vibe from them. Both seemed open and willing to visit a slightly uncomfortable place with an eagerness to teach about addiction recovery to social workers here starting from a very basic level. So now Iā€™ll get more into planning this side of the project. Itā€™s exciting seeing this project progress!

17 Likes

Checking in on Day 16!

16 Likes

GIF_20240827_171824_603

11 Likes

Checking in day 652. 24 at a time is all we can do

15 Likes

Day 65 - working hard at protecting my own peace. I have made great progress and need to remind myself of that, but I also feel that demon inside of me wanting to rear itā€™s head. Working on focusing on the basics and spending time doing things that distract me from my addictions.

Not the easiest few weeks but I think this is what will separate this run at sobriety than all the times before

Wishing you all strength and peace

13 Likes

Checking in with 142 days sober. Iā€™ll stay sober today too. There are so many things Iā€™d like to get done today, hopefully I get my butt up and moving (after this cup of coffee :coffee:).
Have a good day everyone.

13 Likes

Yippee on your 8 months.
IMG_1371

5 Likes

Checking in with 6 months today. I stayed awake to watch the counter change. I felt like watching the clock for New Years to come. I have AA meeting this morning then meet with sponsor. Step 4 has to be over soon . Would love today to be a kitchen day. Soup and peach cobbler on menu. Be happy my friends. Today is all we have.

17 Likes

Have someone on speed dial like a sponsor or close friend that you can call if you get the urge. I also stepped outside anytime the urge came. I stuck with Diet Coke all night and water.

Good luck!

4 Likes

Thanks. Stepping outside is a great idea, having a breather to reset

4 Likes

269 days
Didnā€™t get around to checking in last night.
Busy day at work yesterday. Really rainy in the morning but the temps are starting to pick up, the afternoon was starting to get muggy.
Did a good amount of training yesterday as well as getting out and about.
Just sitting having a coffee before I head to work for a 24hr shift, wil be busy with more training and whatever the day may bring

11 Likes

This is beautiful!
These colors got me :upside_down_face:

210 days sober checking in

Had a wonderful swim with my new swimming googles and some lanes of beautiful butterfly flow worked super easy.

There was a guy coming around that looked exactly like ā€œthe pool guyā€ odysee man, some of you might know. Swimming in another location now, but itā€™s only 35 km away. I struggled about diving away for a moment :rofl:
But then I noticed details on his legs and different equipment that it canā€™t be him.
So I turned my fins off to have some chilled lanes in the end and what happened?
He chatted me up and made compliment for my stroke. Okay. Thanks. Lol. But you remind me on something not so good :rofl:

Love you guys :cherry_blossom:

15 Likes