Checking in daily to maintain focus #69

Day eleven. My sleep schedule is shit currently so I’m tired as hell and I have some anger outbursts happening tbh. But I think I already see inflammation going down in my face, and I’m also craving healthy foods. :+1:t2: dragging myself to the store because I need to get some food for my son starting THIRD grade tomorrow can’t believe it :sob: and also my mom is coming to town to help with putting him on and off the bus so I don’t miss school myself since my dad, who usually does it, is out of town. It’ll be nice to spend time with her too. One day at a time, we got this 🫶🏻

13 Likes

@tailee17 Congratulations on six months! :birthday::white_check_mark::dancer: I’ll be there too on September 1st- so exciting

4 Likes

Water fixed me up. I was very dehydrated. Drank 6 glasses. Make sure you drink double the water if you are visiting high elevations! I learn the hard way :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

Thanks for replying. Yes it is. There’s no doubt it will be difficult. They are great tips - getting outside will definitely help. Luckily if all gets to much they are all close to home so I can just leave I have to. I need to find a tasty sober drink other than Coke Zero. I love Coke Zero but it makes my mouth taste funny after a while.

3 Likes

Day 8.
Feeling good. A good day. No urges at all today. I’m trying to plan to keep my weekend busy as well as I know that will be a more triggering time for me. I’m learning from this amazing community that planning can really help.

12 Likes

Checking in day 239 AF :blush:

12 Likes

Day 926
Good morning!! :sunny:
Feeling pretty good today! Am getting a lot of tidying up done around the apartment. Thats basically what my day is consisting of. I have an amazon package arriving later which im excited about. Just a few things i needed.

I am feeling a little anxious tho about school starting for my son. Just alot of changes are happening. New school nurse, new teacher, new principal, new school bus nurse. Its alot of “new” lol But im trying to stay positive and keep reminding myself not to worry until i have a reason to worry. Bcuz worrying doesnt fix or solve anything. Everything this year could be perfect and then ive wasted all that time worrying over nothing. So thats where my mind is at.

We have a mtg at the school tmrw mrng to meet everyone and to make sure everything is in place for the new year. Literally im taking things 1 day at a time :slight_smile:

Hope everyone is doing well! :butterfly:

17 Likes

@tailee17 congratulations Lam on 6 months!!! Thats a half a year of freedom :slight_smile: great work!
@Tragicfarinelli huge congratulations on 8 months :smiley:

5 Likes

I’m sure once you all get used to the changes things will feel more settled/balanced for you :hugs:
Today walking back from swimming I was thinking exactly that every thing is always changing and I need to learn to accept change. I think meditation is calling me!
Lots of hugs :hugs::hugs::sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

@tailee17 congratulations :fireworks::sparkler::fireworks::sparkler::fireworks::fireworks: on your 6 months.

@Tragicfarinelli 8 months!! Congratulations :sparkler::fireworks::sparkler::fireworks::sparkler::fireworks:

5 Likes

Day 430.second check in. Work was OK. Watching the peaky blinders again

Going to try and get oasis tickets when they are released on Saturday but so is everyone else

13 Likes

YES! and I love it! A vintage car? ooh that is exciting - do share pics when you do get it :heart:
@Courtni Glad you had a good counselling session and are comfortable talking with the counselor. Love how much healing we are able to do in recovery - keep up the great work :muscle: 11 days and counting!
@Mindofsobermike OH Happy 7th birthday to your Addie Rose tomorrow - hope she has a wonderful day celebrating. Sorry to hear about Heather - hope she doesn’t have any severe symptoms and recovers quickly :pray:
@Tragicfarinelli WOOHOO Love 8 months and a whole new mindset! You are doing great my friend. Love that you are planning these nice long walks - i’m sure they will be very scenic and beautiful - hope to see pics :wink:
@shel75 Oh i’m the same way and i’m sorry that you are experiencing this anxiety and anger and headache. I tend to waste way too much time and energy rehashing shit and I get so angry for letting something take up that much of me. What i have found to help is put on a good lighthearted show, or some good music and get swept away with that… push out that garbage and let in the light so to speak. Hope it helps :hugs:

Keep at it friend - use them tools and stay connected. Them demons will really do whatever they can to get a nasty grip on you – remember why you are on this path and remember day 1. No going backwards :muscle:
@tailee17 YEAH!!! you go girl! 6 months and kicking butt :muscle: This is a huge accomplishment and you should be super proud! Enjoy that peach cobbler – my mouth is watering just thinking of it :yum:
@Lainenicole96 Sending you calming energy. I know my anger was sky high at the beginning and not getting good sleep really does not help matters any. You are doing great girl – keep up the amazing efforts :muscle:
@Alicat22 Oh yeah having a few options for Non Alcoholic drinks is good so you don’t get bored. If you know where the party will be held you can call ahead and inquire. I also have a soda tonic, Cranberry juice or Lemon water – think of some juices and mixers they will have on hand for the cocktails to come up with your own mocktail LOL. Glad its near home - that does make for a quick safe getaway if needed.

Checking in on Tuesday afternoon
I am sill not up for my daily routines which does suck but I’m grateful that I am not getting mentally depressed over it. Slower paced walks are helping me stay somewhat active and mobile. I am reading more which I enjoy.
I would like to get back to the swimming which I will try to do next week. Grateful the pool is going to stay open past the labor day. Really don’t understand why they close up all the pools so damn early.
Had a lovely morning with my mom and aunt and going to spend the evening enjoying my solo time and recovering from all the socializing.
Wishing everyone a wonderful addiction free day / evening - sending you all so much :heart::heart:

21 Likes

Heck yeah! Thanks Jazzy, we don’t give up!

3 Likes

Back home from a lovely holiday in Cornwall. Downside of being away for over a week: overflowing email inbox and thousands of new posts on here.
:squid:

19 Likes

I hit my 2 months and then drank the other night ): I’m starting over again. Just when I was getting on a schedule and feeling my best… I’m feeling horrible and I haven’t wanted to get out of bed. Just fell right back into bad habits. I’m going to work to get back to where I was and not let this beat me

16 Likes

day 3. super tired :weary:. Let’s see tomorrow. the cockroaches and the heat are killing me

9 Likes

Checking in, another not getting to sleep nigth. My brain is just so fucked. I see I deleted my my post from yesterday, I wanted to make a change and then it was gone- in complete fog. So glad Im sober, 29 days to 1000 days, but I was really hoping soberlife would be easier then what life is throwing me.

14 Likes

Another day,

Just checking in

13 Likes

2y 5m 25d no self harm

well I’m only 22 and I’ve been diagnosed with multiple kidney stones! this is the worst pain in my entire life and it’s almost constant. it’s been 2 days and I have to go back out the ER if they haven’t passed by tomorrow night

13 Likes

@Brittc you made it 2 months and will do it again. Glad to see you right back on track with a positive outlook. ODAAT :muscle:t4:
@Bomdhil yeah! Day 3 Thomas :muscle:t4:… sorry you are feeling so tired. I di hope you can rest and gain energy. Keep pushing forward and remember that this phase doesn’t last…it does get easier :people_hugging: so sorry that the cockroaches are still a bother… hope you are able to be rid of them soon.
@Wakikki so amazing that you are getting closer to quadruple digits. I’m sorry that you are dealing with health issues and they are not getting any easier at the moment. I have to remind myself that my health would be 1000x’s worse if I was still addicted to my DOC’S. You are a fighter my friend and putting in the hard work to stay sober and to heal yourself. Keep at it …I do hope you feel relief soon :pray:t4:
@SadMemeQueen good to see you checking in Megan. So sorry to hear about your kidney stones. I’ve never had but hear they are very painful. Hoping they do pass quickly and without additional pain. Sending healing and loving energy :pray:t4::people_hugging::heart:

6 Likes