Checking in daily to maintain focus #69

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. :scream:ā€¦ alrightā€¦fudge itā€¦Iā€™m on the next plane :rofl:

2 Likes

Thank you, my friend! Sorry to hear your migrane is back. But Iā€™m glad that your spirit is strong! Inspiring!

2 Likes

My new gadget, cold plunge tub :grin:
Filling it up with water, for kids is super interesting as you can see

10 Likes

Iā€™ll be here :grin: with both of them waiting you at the airport :rofl:

2 Likes

Day 434.all good. Nice day. Bought some. Sour dough bread, cakes etc. And spent 20 pounds
I remember when bread was cheap :joy:
Relaxin and watching despicable me four

14 Likes

Checking in day 243 AF :blush:

11 Likes

Checking in! :wave:t2:

Not much to report from my side! Another day off, holidays are a nice thing to have! This morning I went to the market and got a new basil plant! :potted_plant: I also had some breakfast there. In the afternoon some pool time where I chatted with some people I know. While walking to the market I met a girl I hadnā€™t seen in over a year. I said if sheā€™d want to catch up some time, go for dinner (like we used to do 3-4 years ago), she didnā€™t seem to enthusiastic, but at least I popped the question! Another little step out of my comfort zone (I usually wouldnā€™t ask, cause Iā€™m afraid of rejection). In the afternoon I took my 82 year old neighbor to the town center in my car, there was a dinner and dancing going on. Sheā€™s asked me if Iā€™m not doing anything, well noā€¦ not tonight! I hope she enjoys herself! :blush:

14 Likes

Day 1351,

Somehow people still perceive me as fearless, they donā€™t understand thatā€™s because hell became a walk in the park for me. I can support other people, but still seem to be unable to find someone who can support me back in real life. Gonna try to get some sleepā€¦f*ck my father who dares to say I raised myselfā€¦and the rest of my familyā€¦.my girlfriend likes the way I hug, like my sponsor says ā€œby following the program you become the man you missedā€. So supportive as my hugs areā€¦ gonna stop or Iā€™ll keep on rambling .#lonely#is this it#no cravings just tired :sleeping:

This me and my mom at lunch this week. Another attempt to get a connection with her. It is not a bad person. She wasnā€™t able to protect me against my father and brother. She still says your brother is who he is, while I told her what he did to me. I pointed out for years why she lets my brother treat her like he did and still does. She sees it as normal, I need therapists to tell how he behaves and as a respons they validate me that is not normal. Bizar. I tried to save her, but I more and more realize she is trauma bonded to both of them.

15 Likes

Star date log #239 AF

#sobersaturday #stayingin #goodday #soberliving
#normalizesobriety #oceanliving

14 Likes

Checking in 12 days sober
@Zse cookies look incredible!
@Timetochange - is despicable me 4 worth a watch?
@JazzyS sorry about your migraine, hope it clears quickly, they really are rotten
@Olivia I like your memeā€¦ this is part of the reason I want to stay sober, I want to be a positive influence ā€¦ all the time, not just part of the time
There are some fantastic numbers here- itā€™s impressive. Great work sober people!

11 Likes

Youā€™re a vegan, thatā€™s wonderful.
Iā€™ve got friends saying that Finland is really good at non dairy products.
Here weā€™re starting to get more and more from Oddly good. I love them because theyā€™re oat based, and Iā€™m allergic to both milk protein and soy (and Iā€™m celiac) so Iā€™m grateful. :blush:

If that friend keeps insulting you, maybe you should consider either telling that friend to stop, or just phase he/she out in a subtile way. Personally Iā€™m not good at the subtitle thing myself. Iā€™m more the ā€œIā€™m sorry youā€™re an Idiotā€ type. :laughing:

5 Likes

Thanks. I used to watch DBZ (spanish dub) religiously back in 5th/6th grade. I would buy blank video cassettes at a store called Pic N Save with my bday money and record all the episodes on our VCR. Anyway, one day, my drunken dad threw them all away. :rage::sob:. Smfh. He threw away all the classics. Beauty and the Beast, The Land Before Time, Casper, etc. He even threw away my eldest sisterā€™s quinceƱera video. Dude was a piece of work.

4 Likes

Yeah, we have lots of vegan options in here. And I love Oddly products, especially the barista milk for my coffee (yeah, I tried to quit drinking coffee, but here I am, haha). Iā€™m glad that you also find those oat products suitable for you, yay!

And yes, Iā€™m just gonna ignore him, I donā€™t need drama in my life. I wish I was more like you, to be able to tell him to piss off. :joy:

3 Likes

544 :christmas_tree:
Today, on the last day of August 2024, I watched my first Christmas movie of the season!

I even made cinnamon hot chocolate to compliment the mood :coffee:
I am not ashamed
:squid:

16 Likes

Love that.
Weā€™ve had plenty of hot chocolate here already. It goes for all seasons.

Iā€™ve already started to plan Christmas gifts, and getting a bit into Christmas mode as well.

But first, all things Halloween :jack_o_lantern: :ghost:

4 Likes

Itā€™s a skill that takes time to master :joy:
Honestly itā€™s rare that I tell people to go someplace warmer (and I donā€™t mean on vacation)
Most of the time I simply say I had enough of their crap/ wonā€™t tolerate that behavior or something similar. And after that I just donā€™t talk to them ever again. Because itā€™s not worth it, itā€™s not worth the energy it takes, and Iā€™m not going to compromise my peace.

Ma is an exception,I canā€™t do anything about her :joy:

5 Likes

Sounds like a good tactic! :joy:

3 Likes

Day 7. today had been a hard day. I had a problem with a coworker and I want to cry because the tension. He doesnā€™t want to speak with me and that attitude makes me suffer. well. thank you God because I am sober and I didnā€™t choose the selfish way to deal with problems

11 Likes

@JazzyS I hope one day your physical condition will improve. I pray that to God for you

1 Like

thank you dear @acromouse good to hear that your daughterā€™s migraine lessened. Migraines are pretty awful :disappointed:

3 Likes