Checking in daily to maintain focus #69

@Hesmyportion super proud. Nothing to be embarrassed about friend…we’ve all been at that junction where sobriety seems impossible. Just keep fighting…it is worth it. You are worth it!
@Borderline_Billy 5 days is awesome… great job on not caving on Wednesday…stay strong and keep stacking up the days :muscle:t4:
@Bomdhil you are too kind friend. Appreciate being in this journey with you and so proud to see you with 12 days!! Yeah you! :confetti_ball::tada:
@NewBeginning1 great to see you back with us Matt and congrats on day 2. For sure you can get back to 5 months and further…you have the tools and you have us…let’s fight this fight together :hugs:. The in person meetings do not sound like a good fit-- would an online meeting be helpful?

Checking in on Thursday night
624 days free of alcohol and weed
1039 days free of cigarettes

Made a decent dent in my accounting catch up work. Man I fell behind in the past few weeks. Got some errands accomplished too. Busy day tomorrow so gonna call it a night… hopefully I’ll sleep through the night
Wishing you all a wonderful addiction free day/ evening. Sending you all so much love :heart::heart:

14 Likes

We visited my favourite grower and grocer on the egde of town yesterday. It really is hardly doable by public transport but we made it. It was nice, although the guy in the pic made me think of a better way to spend this holiday day instead of sitting in warm buses and trams. We did get some good produce, and did have a nice walk too.

Today I’m doing therapy. And not much else I feel. Heeding the advice from mr. Pig. One day at a time. Have as good a day as you all can friends. Make it sober and clean or nothing will come from it. Love.

@MooseTracks Huge congrats on two years friend!!!
@Hesmyportion Try turning it around and be proud of yourself Sarah! I’m proud of you. Day one is the hardest and you made it through. Congrats! Onward and upward lady :people_hugging:

23 Likes

@Sabrina80 Happy birthday :balloon: :birthday: :partying_face:
@Thirdmonkey Sounds like a great concert! I’ve seen them all separately. Green Day definitely can put on a show. Rancid was my fav back in highschool. The Pumpkin’s are aight.
@MooseTracks Congrats on 2 years!!! :tada:

That made me laugh :laughing:
@Hesmyportion You got this girl :muscle: Take it one day at a time. It gets easier :heart:
@NewBeginning1 Good to see you back :blush: You can do it again! Stay connected. I do understand that particular fear of NA. A room full of addicts who don’t want to get clean isn’t very helpful. Have you tried any online? Or looked into other programs? Any change is good :pray:

I am loving having a schedule again! My day felt sooo long! I took a walk first thing, watched 2 episodes of a new show, did a sink full of dishes, took a 2 hour nap, dyed my roots and did my nails all before school was out! Idk why I can’t do that shit on my own :sweat_smile::joy:

Work was lame, but ended up being great! My brother’s old boss(who owns about 10 car dealerships) came in with his wife about 10 minutes before we closed. They’re super nice and never come out to dinner, so I didn’t mind taking care of them. He ended up leaving me a $75 tip on a $80 check :astonished: and $50 to my bartender friend! My horoscope does keep saying that I’m entering a period of financial success. And that my life will calm down after the unusually crazy year I’ve had (Anyone paying attention knows that needs to happen) Who am I to argue with the stars :sparkles:

Anyways, my stomach felt pretty good most of the day, but it’s starting to bother me a little now. Feels bubbly, sour and crampy. I probably shouldn’t’ve eaten any tator tots the day after my tummy troubles. They were super greasy :grimacing: Ah well, it won’t bother me once I’m sleeping. Hope you all have a good one :heart:

19 Likes

Day 78

I’m feeling pretty good, I think I’m eating more than I was most of the time I’d just drink my supper :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:
I’m in a better place mentally and physically. I still have that pain of missing it and Guilt every once in a while but it subside. I just remember that I’m not a bad person getting good, I’m a sick person getting well

I hope you all have a wonderful Friday :heart:

16 Likes

Day 1055 AF

Wud up, gang.

The little man had a fever last night. He kept waking up. I gave him medicine, and fortunately, he woke up better in the morning.

Didn’t do much today. Same ol same ol.

Have a great sober day, fam! ODAAT :heart:

14 Likes

Day 440. Work is OK. Youngest daughter is off to university soon. My son contacted me to suggest I give her some money each month, which I had already agreed to do so. Even tho. They don’t want to see me etc.

Frustrating but its OK. They have trust funds so they are ok. But I will top her money up each month for the next three years.

Working all day and then its the weekend!!!

16 Likes

Checking in at the start of day 6.

Walking to the bus stop this morning there was some poor soul in front of me, stumbling all over place. Clearly hammered at 8:30am.

Im very pleased to be sober this morning.

12 Likes

I’m here, I’m alive, I’m sober and I’m happy.
Day 191.

I took back my application to get my old Cleaning job back. Haven’t told my husband yet, guess it might be stupid but I don’t care. I don’t want to clean, I want to write.
Going to give it until January when I’m out of Unemployment money. Hopefully it pays off.

My 14 y/o asked me yesterday what happens with you feelings when you die. He’s all into that the soul might wonder and still exists, but he wanted to know if the feelings comes with it, or if you get new ones. Like if you’re depressed in this life, will you be depressed in next life as well.
He has a friend who battles depression so he was thinking about her.

It was an interesting discussion. And impossible to answer that question.

Weather is still nice and warm.
Friday!

Can’t be better than this.

That’s all Folks :heavy_heart_exclamation:
Wishing y’all a wonderful day.

15 Likes

279 days.
Went to the gym in the morning. Then spent a few hours driving to where my brother lives.
Kids have been playing crazy with the cousins this afternoon.
Hopefully up early tomorrow for a walk up the mountain.
Then big party in the evening

14 Likes

289 sugar
153 UPF
27 gluten
27 dairy

Today I reached five months no UltraProcessedFoods. I remember how I craved this shit. Now even the thought of processed foods repulses me. Eating fresh vegetables, fruit, meat, eggs, fats, fish and grains is sooo much more satisfying. My system absolutely does not want me to eat crap. It wants me to eat real food. And then it is happy, likes to move, to think, to keep evolving.
Eating processed crap I always felt like in a slog, trying to stuff a hole in me that felt endless, bingeing on everything and never feeling satsified.
I am so grateful I am recovering from that state :grin: :palms_up_together:

My daughter finally went to school today. In all honesty I am still a bit apprehensive if she won’t turn up in an hour with a migraine again, but I am not giving up hope.
I want to use my time today to wrap prep up for Sunday’s party, maybe already run some left over errands. The temperature is pretty reasonable today and tomorrow is supposed to be hot again, so maybe doing all that stuff today is a better idea.
After yesterday’s day of running all kinds of errands I also need a bit of me-time, reading and not being bothered by other people’s needs, and by the loud world outside. Looking forward to yoga in the afternoon. Not sure about the evening, but I’m planing something relaxing. Reading, anime, maybe a meeting.

Whatever comes I want to keep to the aspiration I shared yesterday:
“May I find a way to peace, may I love life no matter what.” :peace_symbol: :people_hugging: :lotus:

15 Likes

@acromouse that amazing on the five months! It’s a goal of mine as well, but alas I succumb very occasionally to the odd biscuits and ice cream. I live about 80% clean and I’m proud of that. Fantastic work on nourishing your body so well.

5 Likes

253 days.

Just checking in. Sounds like the upstairs bathroom and soil stack is getting fixed today despite a hot mess of nonsense with the housing people. Now to fight for my own bathroom renovation after the waste issue is fixed so no more toilet run off flushes onto my ceiling :face_with_peeking_eye::see_no_evil:. It’s as gross as it sounds…

Hot damn, I’m nearly a year into this fight. I swear these people just put the ‘computer says no’ dudes on the front desk so you just give up. Fuck that, I’m ready and waiting for round 333 of sparring. I will get what I want, I’m manifesting it. :joy: Thank goodness I can shoulder this, drunk me would have imploded about six months ago!

12 Likes
  1. Morning sober fam, im doing ok. Went for a good ride after work on the unicyle yesterday. Looking forward to monday off bc me and heather are going to watch the new beetlejuice. Much love
16 Likes

@Mr_Sobriety welcome :blush: congrats on double digits :tada:
@tsqd welcome :blush: congrats on day 1 :tada:
@Hesmyportion welcome back :blush: congrats on day 1 :tada:
@NewBeginning1 welcome back :blush: congrats on getting through day 1 :tada:

1487 days no alcohol.
952 days no cocaine.
467 days no vape.
0 days no binge-eating.

I binged badly late last night, even some sugary items after 54 days of no sugar. I don’t know what came over me, it was totally mindless like I had no control.

I’ve spent all my money now, so today so far I don’t have the urge to go to the shop, for the first time in a couple of weeks. It feels good, freeing.

Today is Friday therapy. I have had 9 dreams since our session last week so I’ll talk about those and see what else comes up.

🩵

18 Likes

DY 245 AF

Friends in town still and I took today off to play tour guide. We will travel around Halifax, take the ferry from downtown Dartmouth to Halifax waterfront and grab dinner and walk around boardwalk.

Large storm incoming tonight through tomorrow but for today, this morning was absolutely picture perfect.

Enjoy all :heart::peace_symbol:

20 Likes

Day 2359. Up early and cleaning the house. Plan on making apple butter today. Then off to help get the grandson’s 1 year birthday celebration ready. I cannot believe it has been a year since the little guy came. Papa might have been a little excited. I got him a ride on tank (that actually shoots!) Best part about it…It comes with a remote control, so if he goes to far I dont have to chase him…I just drive it back to me.

Stay sober friends!

19 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1545. I hope everybody has a good one :slightly_smiling_face:

17 Likes

Yesterday I was 3-1/2 years sober. On what could have been a happy day I had to say goodbye to my best boy. Our 5 year old Golden Retriever, Gunny, lost his battle with cancer. A better boy there never was. I will not drink and sully his memory. Actually, I am grateful that after this much time, drinking just isn’t something I even consider. I have 3 other pets and I will love and cherish them.

18 Likes

So sorry to hear that. Losing pets is so hard. :cry:

3 Likes

Checking in day 172.
Pretty bad anxiety this afternoon after my boss got a 1-star google review. Funny how things that really shouldn’t upset be, still really upset me.

I think I use anxiety as a bit of a rush of adrenaline, almost like I’m addicted to it I get it from anywhere I can, even something so meaningless as a google review that doesn’t relate to me.

I’m going to start recognising this more moving forward. When something effects me in a way that makes me what to run toward anxiety, I’m going to instead go to a different address. Ik going to come up with 5 places I could go, or people I could see, or activities I could do in lieu of feeling anxious, but still something that can give me that bit of adrenaline I’m obviously looking for.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Edit: uhh did I just turn anxiety into something I should actually feel really cringey for :joy: I hope so!

13 Likes