Checking in daily to maintain focus #70

A relapse is not a happy event and I know it is. I’ve had a couple too. It helped me to look back to it as you are doing right now. What made me do it and how can I avoid doing it again?
Learning something out of it makes the relapse less bad, at least for me. I had a big relapse after 5 years sober because I thought I was “cured” and could handle it again. Tried moderation, well that wasn’t it. So quit again and learned moderation was a no go.

This above is a good thing to discover too! Now you know you are extra fulnerable in those situations. I for example ate no pizza for a long time because I couldn’t eat it without red wine. When I had more sober days it was no issue anymore. You will find your way too :facepunch:

8 Likes

Checking in with 95 days sober!

17 Likes

Thank you for the lovely welcome back. I feel like a bit of a fraud as I have had a major push to be sober but I want to use this time to work on my plan so I don’t make the same mistakes over and over.

I found out at the weekend that I was pregnant. A huge shock! I am 43 with a 15 and 13 year old. I didn’t think it would be possible but here we are. My age makes this very risky and I am struggling to process it all, but I think it is all going to have to be one day at a time. My gallbladder operation was scheduled for next week so has been cancelled which is quite frustrating.

Anyway, Day 5. Thank you all for reading

22 Likes

Ah Jenny hi :smiling_face:

Congratulations to you!! Sorry about the surgery; that seems to have been going on for ages!?

Nice to see you back!

4 Likes

I know, mainly my fault as I kept delaying the tests to avoid it, well that backfired :joy: Nice to be back again

4 Likes

298 days
Checking in in the morning as I forgot to last night. Back is feeling better, not 100% yet but I’m going to try a light workout and get it moving a bit.

17 Likes

Checking in! :wave:t2:
Normal day at work, one of my colleagues was sick, so I spent some time at the front office (not my comfort zone)
Once I got home from work I started an online course that I’ve signed up for work (“marketing strategy & marketing plan” or something similar!). I have 2 months to finish it, otherwise I have to pay for it! :sweat_smile:
Now I’m chilling on the couch with Peanut purring around! It’s gonna be bed time soon! :call_me_hand:t2::zzz::sleeping:

17 Likes

Checking in day 268 AF :blush:

19 Likes

Another day sober
Just checking in. Odaat.

16 Likes

Hear hear! :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

4 Likes

Hi @ASP - glad you have found us again and are back on the wagon! If memory serves me well, you had a medical appointment to have your liver health checked on September 24th, care to share how that went?

5 Likes

@RosaCanDo Thanks so much :purple_heart:. This friend is probably the closest friend I have here, but I know the feeling isn’t mutual (her childhood friend is here) and we have very different backgrounds and political views. Connections with my siblings and stepdad is a few emails a year. I know a lot of his is my fault, I don’t get out enough or am not open enough. But part of getting out and being open means having having the confidence that the other person is interested in and likes you, and I don’t really have that.

@Laner I am so sorry for your loss. Absolutely, the best way to honor her would be to stay sober.

@Shel75 Super congratulations :clap::tada: :clap: You kept fighting and now you are reaping the rewards!

@JennyH Oh my goodness, that is a big development! :purple_heart: Congratulations! Definitely a reason to focus on your own health.

7 Likes

Checking in with 211 days.

19 Likes

@laner Oh I’m so sorry friend. So very sorry for your loss. My deepest condolences. Sending you love and hugs – here for you. She is going to live on in your heart and memories and forever be proud of how well you are doing in your recovery journey! :people_hugging:
@butterflymoonwoman Hope you are doing better today. The mind is funny sometimes and throughs all our thoughts at us at once which can be super overwhelming. Hope crying it out helped :hugs:
@shel75 Way to go with your 4 years of sobriety – WHOOHOO! :tada: :tada: Impressive work and to do it during Covid is super impressive. Kee up the amazing work :muscle:
@catmancam I know how hard you are working on your recovery and health and I am sorry that your dad had that conversation with you today and that he wouldn’t let up when you asked him to stop. That burns me the most. Hypocrisy is ridiculous for sure. You keep working your journey my friend – I see the numbers rising! :muscle: :people_hugging:
@jennyH OMG – congrats on the pregnancy and I know it can be scary but may be the “push” needed to get you through. I am so sorry that the surgery was so close and now has to be re-scheduled. That is frustrating. 5 days is impressive work and by no means are you a fraud. You are a addict in recovery like the rest of us giving it her all ODAAT :muscle:

5 Likes

Same. Oh gosh, definitely same here. Something to keep working on. Sigh. I’m starting to make friends with my husband’s coworker friend group to some degree, one of the guy’s wife and I sort of connect but she is much younger and it still feels forced. I tried another friendship that fell flat. It’s frustrating and kind of sad. But we keep trying, eh? :heartpulse:

7 Likes

2y 6m 23 days no self harm

well I could’ve died. I had a surgery to remove a kidney stone. super minor procedure. i go home the same day and I’m having trouble breathing but figure it’s from the anesthesia.it kept getting worse and when I checked my oxygen levels it was at 60%. went to the ER and they immediately rushed me in and did all kinds of tests like it was very serious. they said i have pretty bad pneumonia but no one knows if it was caused during surgery or if I had it before and somehow my surgical team missed it. I’ve been in the hospital since Monday night but I’m doing much better now. it was quite scary and even while my mental health has been bad lately, I’m glad to be alive

17 Likes

Oh my. I am so glad you went back to hospital. Hope you are feeling better.

4 Likes

Oh hun - i’m so sorry that you went through that. So grateful you are ok and starting to feel better now and being taken care of. That does sound super scary - hugs Megan :hugs: :heart:

3 Likes

Much better expecting to be out by the weekend :heart:

4 Likes

the fear didn’t really register until the doctors started rushing around me. I’m very lucky to live only a few minutes from the ER. :hugs:

6 Likes