Checking in daily to maintain focus #70

Haven’t checked in, in a while.
2.5 years no alcohol
15 days and only 3 smokes.
I hope everyone is getting through those rough moments. X

24 Likes

@SoberWalker Well, SoberSitter does sound interesting. You could also go for SoberBored :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I really do hope your foot starts behaving better soon.
@MrFantastik When I read how your day1 me would have reacted to 300 days of sobriety, I thought that I could look at my life more from the perspective of my day1 me. I would be thrilled about every second of my life compared to what it was 300 days ago. So thanks for reminding me how to appreciate life :smiling_face:
@Tragicfarinelli Congrats on 9 months. You have a baby :rofl: Now with the radiators I feel you. My dad once tried to “fix” the radiator in my room and the end result was my whole room basically from floor to ceiling sprayed with oily, brownish muck. It was really great. I don’t know how long it took me to forgive him.
@Butterflymoonwoman Rooting for you Dana. I already can see you shining at the fund raiser!

311 sugar
175 UPF
49 gluten
49 dairy

Did the groceries already. I like to have that done in the morning and not bother with it later in the day.
My daugher’s migraine is gone for now. Aparrently it takes two days currently for one to pass. I hope this gets better with time. But for today I am very happy she is back to her usual moody teenage self :grin:
It is Saturday, and that means taking care of my IT-tools and my plants today. Stuff around the flat. Other than that I am not sure about the rest of the day. Maybe a short hike or bike ride. I have some nice books going here I could dive deep into. Maybe some anime. Maybe a Dharma meeting.

A cute stone monster from my last hike for you.

Whatever comes my way I am going for peace and love of life :lotus:

21 Likes

Congratulations on your 9 months!!! Wow…I am loving seeing you stacking up the days :muscle:t4:.

giphy

Wishing you well with the radiator and hot water issues. Seriously if it’s not one thing…

3 Likes

Yeah, it seems unfair… But unless we have an American style closed league there will be this problem of teams qualifying with their trousers and having no pants on underneath.

I felt sorry for them. My other half is from near Crystal Palace and played for them back in the day… Bittersweet.

3 Likes

19 Likes

@MrFantastik congrats on 300+ days :tada:
@JennyH congrats on your week :tada:
@acromouse thank you :blush: sending you energy :battery:
@Ray_M_C_Laren congrats on another year :tada::trophy::star2: enjoy your adventures :blush:
@Mira_D :people_hugging::mending_heart:
@tailee17 congrats on 7 months :tada:
@Shel75 good luck with the fundraisers :crossed_fingers:t2::four_leaf_clover:
@Butterflymoonwoman good luck with your speech :crossed_fingers:t2::four_leaf_clover: and good for you for standing up to that taxi driver :clap:t2:
@DanaM56 feel better soon 🩵
@Tragicfarinelli congrats on 9 months :tada:

1509 days no alcohol.
974 days no cocaine.
5 days no vape.
4 days no binge-eating.

Therapy yesterday was okay, I didn’t feel as emotional afterwards as I did last week. My addict was still in my head though, trying to make me vape or binge, but I did neither. Our sessions will be in-person starting from next week, it will be a 7hr round trip for me, for a 50min session, gets me out though.

I didn’t fall asleep until 3am this morning. Somehow I resisted eating all the fruit etc that I bought last night for this morning though, that was a relief.

Today, hopefully some cleaning jobs, and an episode of one of the programs I’m watching…but without bingeing crisps!

Wishing you all wonderful sober weekends. :blush:

🩵

20 Likes

@KellyKelly congrats on 2.5 years :tada: and for tackling another addiction too :no_smoking:

2 Likes

Happy Saturday my friends! Going to be a busy day. Mirning walk, teaching classes, a Mason family event, then a Martial Arts Masters meeting. No time to drink! Good haha!

Make it an awesome day my friends!!!

14 Likes

Day 229
Today was a real struggle. The first tough day I’ve had in ages. It was AFL Grand Final day which is our Superbowl Day. All week like usual we’ve been bombarded with ads for liquor this liquor that all rammed down our throats. I just felt completely overwhelmed. I managed to watch the game in peace but there was this underlying annoyance just gnawing at me. Having read This Naked Mind I understand the advertisement of alcohol and what not but it just really seemed to rattle me these past few days and in particular today. I spoke openly and honestly with my partner and told her I didn’t feel the urge to drink but was more just disappointed at the normality which alcohol plays in society. After the game ended, I suggested we go to a nearby beach to relax. Best thing to do.
Keep up the good fight my friends.

25 Likes

@CATMANCAM @JazzyS Cheers guys, appreciate your heads up!

Checking in,

Feeling pretty rough (cold or flu) so today was relatively uneventful. All I can do is wait it out. It’s been raining on & off today anyway, and weekend, so at least it chose a ‘good’ time & not earlier or later! :sweat_smile:

Good night from South Australia anyways folks :v:

12 Likes

Wow what a huge success you manifested

I havnt had a day like that with alcohol but i did with ciggs and weed. My tough days werent from ads but cravings. J managed to beat the cig craving but relapsed on pot and really almost fked up my life big time just because of 1 bowl of pot, believe it or not

Addiction will distroy us
Not everyone gets addicted i would think… but we are and thags why it will distroy us

Thank you for the shere and picture

4 Likes

Lovely photo. One day we will look back at alcohol adverts and think ‘wow, did they really allow that?’

In the meantime we have to make do with knowing inside that booze is rubbish. :+1::+1:

684 days.

7 Likes

@SoberWalker cool pic Claudia :heart_eyes:. Sorry you weren’t able to move around more during the holiday. I can’t remember if you already had it checked out? Hopefully it will heal soon. :pray:t4:
@KellyKelly great to see you checking in. Congratulations on your 2.5 years :confetti_ball::tada::muscle:t4:. Love that you are 2+ weeks smoke free also…
Way to go
@acromouse loving the pics with your posts. This is super cool!
@Axsis great to see you and with a huge milestone coming up :clap:t4::muscle:t4: … Very impressive work… keep up the momentum :confetti_ball::tada:
@catmancam way to go on not giving into the urges. 7 hour round trip? Ugh … hopefully you can get some good audiobooks or podcasts to help with the journey.
@seb those ads are ridiculous. It is super crazy how normalized and expected drinking is. Way to go with not giving into the hype and beach time is a perfect way to relax. Be proud of yourself
@1in8billion sending healing vibes…hope you get well soon.

Checking in on Saturday morning
Just got home from my morning walk. It was supposed to be storming today so I hadn’t planned one for today but glad I did wake up from habit and the rain has shifted to later on.
Not much else going on…gonna enjoy this Saturday :hugs:

Wishing everyone a wonderful addiction free day… sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

14 Likes

Day 2381. Stay sober. If you are struggling with your sobriety, get active on here. Peace!

25 Likes

Day 211

Slept well and feeling less wobbly. Reached out for some extra support on another thread. It’s fear coming up, and an inner critical voice that says I’m not doing it right. I do have the option of ignoring the thoughts and going forward just like I have been. Need to stay out of my head, mostly. I know what to do. What happens later? Who cares? It’s going to be a surprise.

I am impatient. It used to get me drunk. Because it’s never enough, never fast enough, never enough money, just impossible always. Sober, I am learning patience. Bitterly. :laughing:.

The pool is making me a new woman. All that uptight angst meets cool resistance. After one week I’m already seeing changes. And mentally too.

I’m heading back to Santa Fe to dog and house sit before my volunteer gig starts. Everything is going to be fine. I don’t need the details. :peace_symbol: :dove: :v:

27 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1567! I hope everybody has a good one :slightly_smiling_face:

24 Likes

Yeah, checked it out 2 weeks ago and having another appointment next monday.
Diagnose so far was overworked feet. But I think it’s a minure fracture ore something.

5 Likes

Onward and upwards!!

3 Likes

@Juli1 sending you love.:heart: I don’t know what you are going through but I hope tomorrow will be better.

4 Likes

Not sure what day it is for me. I am an alcoholic who was a daily heavy drinker. I went two days not drinking and drank on day 3. Started over at Day 1 and today is day 4. It’s the weekend so I’m trying to find something to help me feel less alone and more motivated.

23 Likes