Checking in daily to maintain focus #70

Thank you :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Way to go with your numbers. So glad you are in the Big Book. Really amazing what two guy and higher power created.
Party Ballons

3 Likes

Thank you :heart:

2 Likes

@CATMANCAM thank you. I am in day 9 today.

3 Likes

Very exhausted, but managed to check that I’m on day 58, lol.

Just wanted to check in on our friends in Florida. I’ve been following the news and I can’t imagine how terrifying this is.
I hope you’re safe, I hope your houses and pets are safe, and I hope you’ve managed to evacuate, if you can.

I’ve already donated to the relief fund, but I’m sending you all my thoughts and prayers. Love from across the pond :people_hugging: :revolving_hearts:

18 Likes

@JazzyS thanks for your words dear friend

9 Likes

So well done friend! The first week is the hardest and you’ve smashed it! The only way is up now. I’m so proud of you :sunflower::tada:

2 Likes

I read up to more about alcoholism

Every chapter i relate to in a lot of ways. Very good book

4 Likes

I’m feeling so much better and more energetic today that I just had to post. Yesterday I was thinking fatigue was my new permanent state due to age and that I would never have energy again. Yep, I tend to catastrophise. I Googled prediabetes and fatigue looking for symptoms. Of course Google doc told me that it could be cancer. Nope. It’s my terrible commute! I spent 3 hours on the road on Tuesday and was worn out on Wednesday. Grateful for what a difference a day can make.

14 Likes

I am so glad.

2 Likes

Congrats on 9 days. You are on the sober path. Good job!

1 Like

313 days
Checking in Fri morning as I didn’t check in last night.
Kids are still asleep at 7am which is rare. Got a coffee, had some eggs.
Finished nightshift yesterday morning, hung out with the kids, went grocery shopping then had a nap.
Gym in the afternoon for the kids, then for me in the evening, was a good hard session, feeling it today.
Few things on today, better get the day started.

17 Likes

Day 474. Not a bad day. Arranging to see the GP

Off now till Monday…so will read and relax

Just feeling quite flat. Not sure why

17 Likes

Hope your water gets sorted. I don’t currently have hot water either so it’s cold showers for me but I’m managing since it’s not cold here yet. Cold showers in the winter suck.

2 Likes

19 Likes

I’ve checked in 10 times today. Well, maybe just 3 or 4, but I feel vulnerable and raw. I will sleep tonight. :crescent_moon:

Love you guys

@Seb we are here anytime and will help you through this.

We are having July temperatures for the next week. Then on Wednesday, a cold front at last. I will hang out at the pool every day until then :swimming_woman: :ocean:

17 Likes

IMG_2050

Sending you calming energy to sleep well.

7 Likes

So cute- thank you! It will feel great to finally doze off :white_check_mark: :sheep: :sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep:

2 Likes

I’m sober today, as I was yesterday and the day before. Sober life is good for sure, but active sober life, where I’m working steps and a recovery program tend to be so much better.

I’ve started to see a few red flags off in the distance that I need to stay wary of. And I need to DO THE WORK to ensure I don’t stumble over said flags.

16 Likes

Checking in at the end of my workday. It’s been a long one. Dragging my feet on putting together some dinner for my little girl so it’s ready when she gets home from daycare, and tidying the kitchen. Looking forward to a squash lesson after dinner.
I need a break, but it’s not coming until later on at bedtime. Ahhh!
Take care of yourself, sober folks.

14 Likes