Checking in daily to maintain focus #70

Day 1093 AF

Good morning, gang.

We went to my sister’s boyfriend’s bday dinner last night at my mom’s. We had a good time with the family and the nephews.

Woke up and made a cup of coffee. These crows are outta control, cawing all morning. The fam is still knocked out. We’re not doing a whole lot today. Gonna take my eldest to look for a Halloween costume and watch the Chargers game at the pad.

I hope everyone’s doing well. Take care. ODAAT :heart:

17 Likes

The benefit of no social media for me is more air in my head. I always checked FB to see if I maybe missed something and tried te be there for all my friends and acquaintances. I started to get irritated because of the negativaty on it. Didn’t want it to affect my days, but it did.
I felt obliged to share stuff myself and get as many likes. Like if I where a nobody if I haven’t enough hearts/thumbs/whatever.
I was thinking: the real friends know where to find me and vice versa. Insta dragged me into loosing my time into watching stuff for houres.
I do not feel chained anymore I guess.
And also I didn’t like to see a lot of fake news, fake people and ads I didn’t asked for :hugs:
FB was having a hard time letting my account go. It took me weeks to understand how to get a final delete instead of silenced/paused it.

11 Likes

Checking in day 8. Went for a coffee with some friends which was nice. And now going to have a chilled Sunday evening with the pooch. Still feeling a bit anxious about last week, but a lot better than this time last week. Let’s hope it continues to get better :crossed_fingers:t2:

17 Likes

Happy Birthday @Aussie_Tiger !! :birthday::tada::balloon:

2 Likes

Day 116

I hope everyone has a great Sunday :heart:

15 Likes

7y9m29d
Yesterday I got the refrigerator all cleaned out. I found things way past their expiration date, ugh. And I went for a walk in the evening. But I only did 20 minutes instead of my usual half hour. I just wasn’t feeling it. I am prediabetic and am trying to fend off the real thing so my walks are important. I need to try harder to fit them in.

Today it’s my women’s meeting in the park and taking my parents’ dog to where she will spend the next few days when I am working. Then someone is coming to my house to cut and highlight my daughter’s hair. She has special needs and I love it when she looks a little spruced up. She also will be getting her braces off soon - she’ll be looking her best in time for the holidays. :heart:

20 Likes

Ready, set……cook! :woman_cook:

Hahaha…it’s not working.

Ok, in 30 minutes, k? :laughing:

14 Likes

Sunday lunch check in.
Just put my daughter down to nap. 3rd day in a row of solo parenting due to my wife working lots of hours Friday through Monday. Early mornings and late nights for me, and lots of wakeups overnight.
Things were going pretty well today until a few mins ago when my wife and I had an argument on her way out the door.
We’re both very frustrated and exhausted (that and ‘tired’ are banned words in our house right now) at the moment, and I don’t have any relief.
Gotta rally, as my daughter and I are heading to a to potluck with friends when she gets up.

I trust that all my efforts and near-total sacrifices will be worth it all.

Good luck to you, and good luck to me.

12 Likes

Delicious food is cooking! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. I overcame extreme summer blah. Sure, it will heat up the house. But I promised to eat better. And fill the freezer. It’s my goal this week as summer finally turns to fall. I will swim faster and sleep better. I’ll be ready to hike with a hyper lab puppy. Or not. :heart:

14 Likes

257 days AF

Sober and in a good relaxed mood.
Would have not thought that I am looking forward to a 3 day culture event of my new employer. Will take the train very early tomorrow morning. I am prepared. Also with answers when someone offers me alcohol during dinner.

Love you guys :heart:

@Butterflymoonwoman
Dana your post means a lot to me! Saved it :cherry_blossom:
Got plans to get back to some routines after the travel.

18 Likes

Day 477. Went for a nice walk along the beach first thing then did lot’s of dull jobs.the floor,the ironing etc

Made a nice roast dinner and a fab rice pudding

Rock n roll :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Checking in day 286 AF :blush:

20 Likes

Thank you so much @JazzyS . Much appreciated. :pray:

3 Likes

Thank you Lighter. As a present to me, please be kinder and show compassion to yourself. :pray:

4 Likes

Thank you friend. :pray:

3 Likes

@Aussie_Tiger Happy 50th mate, all the best to you.

4 Likes

You got it! Enjoying some homemade food now. All will be well. :gift:

2 Likes

day 12. I went to a friend’s house to watch the Movie “Civil War” . :astonished: it was hard

10 Likes

@Seizetheday congratulations. very good number of days

2 Likes

Checking in. 10+ months of sobriety and had a really productive and good weekend. I’ve been picking up some side hustle gigs just doing a bit of landscaping for some neighbors. The work is labor intensive which is really, really good for my brain. Also, the exercise is super fantastic considering my regular job involves sitting at a desk staring at computer screens most of the day.

Anyway, that’s pretty much it. Happy, health, and sober today! Woot!

19 Likes