Checking in daily to maintain focus #70

Day 10

Sore from yesterday’s workout but got after it again today. I am not sleeping well but I am not waking with regrets and shame. Donated blood today and my vitals were very good. Hope everyone has a great evening. :pray:t2:

22 Likes

@CATMANCAM thank you my friend. Congratulations for withdrawal off your psychotropic medications

1 Like

Checking in after more strenuous, manual labor. This time I spent the last two days trimming a massive amount of overgrown azaleas. There were times I was literally down on my knees crawling underneath the plants to cut out parts that had gone bad. I’m exhausted, but I loved it! I love being outside and I love working with my hands in nature, bringing shape and beauty back so it can be shared with passersby.

I’m nearing 11 months since my relapse. I had over 4 years under my belt before that. ODAAT though, right?

I remember my first time getting into a recovery program and getting clean. It was April of 2015. I got my first chip and that became my focus. I was so focused and caught up with the “time clean” thing that I hit a year no problem, but then the years/months/days started to get to me and a little after 13 months I relapsed. After that I decided I’d put too much emphasis on “time clean”, milestones, and chips that it was more like a game or competition than it was real life. My life forever more.

Disregarding the milestones, etc. didn’t work either, but it taught me something: it really doesn’t matter that much what I put my focus on or not unless I accept that I’m an addict and that I can either be an active addict or a sober one. Ultimately it’s my choice.

20 Likes

I’m sorry Thomas! Read your gratitude - did the outing at church help with this? We are just seconds away friend. I am sending you strength as you get past this hump. Do know that this will pass and you will be stronger for not caving. We got your back friend! ODAAT :muscle: :heart:

2 Likes

Congrats on your double digits! :tada: :tada: :clap: and also having good vitals - that is awesome! Keep going strong

2 Likes

I loved this! A great reminder for us all. rest up - sounds like a hard day in the garden. Bet the Azaleas look beautiful.
Congrats on your upcoming 11 months of sobriety!

Yep! My new truck!

16 Likes

Are you off the using merry-go-round?

3 Likes

OH that’s beautiful! Congrats friend! So happy for you.

1 Like

Day 3, avoiding bad environments is exhausting. I think I’m coming down with a cold. My temper is shorter than usual, so, I rage baked today lol . What else is a girl to do? Made some spinach artichoke dip puff pastrys, some brie stuffed puff pasterys with chai infused whipped cream with a little caramel drizzle, and biscuts. Im too tired to be pissed now and have a full belly so truly I can’t complain.

20 Likes

It is exhausting at first …keep working on staying sober…this is your main priority :muscle:t4:. Rage baking sounds awesome and delicious. yummy treats youve made. Do whatever you can to stay busy…the urges pass and the anger lessens. Stay connected friend…3 days is amazing! ODAAT :pray:t4::people_hugging:

2 Likes

Any leftovers can be sent my way, please and thank you very much :yum:

3 Likes

Checking in day 486 AF.

15 Likes

So glad to see you posting here every day. I know I sound like a broken record… anxiety lessens if you focus on gratitude. Journal the good stuff you are feeling. Post in the gratitude topic here. I promise this habit really works. You are doing terrific and I always love to see you here! YOU CAN DO THIS!

3 Likes

IMG_1845

11 months is amazing!

1 Like

Wow so positive. Thanks for sharing. I pray the law enforcement job comes through for you! Also glad you weren’t badly hurt in accident.

1 Like

One more day of work before a four day weekend. Right now I don’t really feel it but I’ll make it work. Grateful I didn’t drink last night. Grateful I won’t drink today. Never again.

Let’s make today as good a day as we all can friends. Sober and clean or nothing will come of it. We’re in this together. Love from my little square.

23 Likes

You are my true hero Laner. I will pray all my prayer power for you to get what you need for your goals

2 Likes

Oh ya! Thanks for before and beautiful after pics!

2 Likes

Day 247
Spent a couple hours at the hospital this morning, another test out the way. See brain surgeon in around 2 weeks to see where we go from there.

19 Likes