Checking in daily to maintain focus #70

Yes. when we don’t deal with trauma in a healthy way we will deal with it in a unhealthy one. Drinking is a fine example. Indeed maybe it’s time to start wok on bette ways of coping. Therapy a possibility. Something that fits you. Hugs

6 Likes

Checking in day 11. Already some thoughts creeping in of ‘am I overreacting here’. Which is silly but expected. I know my struggle will be maintaining this in the long term. The early days are actually easiest for me. But I know this time has to be different so I just need to stick to my guns!

20 Likes

congrats-7

500 days is amazing!!!

3 Likes

260 days AF

Checking in sober, very inspired and proud :heart:

22 Likes

Day 1397,

Checking in, have a good sober 24 hours :pray:

18 Likes

I carried it a long time with me, resulting in very unhealthy coping mechanisms like drinking and behavior to feel seen and heard. It will never go away, but I did a lot of therapy to be able to move forward. The past cannot be changed. Someone ones told: “if someone would tell you the exact same joke each day would you laugh each day about it?” Probably not….”so why would you suffer/cry from/over your trauma each and every day. I know it’s not that simple, but it made me think the least. I can carry it better now after EMDR etc. and go forward one step at the time.

6 Likes

Day 24
Low energy levels this week. Wake me when it’s christmas. :sleeping:

18 Likes

2y 7m 14d no self harm

really not seeing many reasons to stay clean right now

15 Likes

Sorry to hear. This seems to be quite common theme lately. But luckily we’re not alone, we got each others. hug

4 Likes

Checking in day 289 AF :blush:

15 Likes

Whats going Megan? Would u like to chat about it?

3 Likes

if you wouldn’t mind id love to chat

4 Likes

Congratulations on 260 days. This is a proud event!

7 Likes

@CATMANCAM thank you so much. Glad to know that the visit of your father was ok overall.
day 15 here. Some mild cravings and thoughts. Maybe a inner storm is coming. I must prepare myself

3 Likes

@SadMemeQueen all my love from here. please always think twice. you deserve happiness and not addiction

3 Likes

@JazzyS thank you so much for your support. yes. the Church always helps me. I need prayer and meet others. Addiction always invites me to isolate

2 Likes

thank you doing my best to try to distract myself

3 Likes

DAY 1486, Bit snappy today at the people I care about and quite rude to a new work colleague so plenty of room for improvement tomorrow. No thoughts of drink or drugs today so all good there. It’s been over 4 years and my brain still tells me I’m missing out sometimes but the best bit about it now is I don’t have to do what my brain tells me. I’m powerless over alcohol but only if I have one :slightly_smiling_face:

20 Likes

Day 976
Hi everyone! Hope everyone is having a great addiction free day!
Went to the gym this morning and then hubby surprised me with money to go get my eyes checked. Felt really good to get that done! Especially bcuz i have a scleral buckle in my right eye due to a retinal detatchment many years ago (literally lost have my vision - it went black). I have honestly neglected my eyes for about 8 years (never had the money due to addiction), not getting them checked, not updating my prescription, anything. And now i have a new glasses prescription and contact lens prescription! Just need to pick out some frames!
Other than that, today has been a good day!
:butterfly:

26 Likes

Delighted to have made it this far. One day at a time

26 Likes