Checking in daily to maintain focus #75

Day 432
I went to a comedy club last night. Another first sober. It was mostly not funny. I’m now questioning things.
Was it funny? Others were laughing.
Have I lost my sense of humour?
Would I have found it funny if I had been drinking?
Was it just not my type of humour?
The person I went with wasn’t really laughing either.
This is the first time in a while I’ve questioned someone with reference to my sobriety.

24 Likes

Day 877

Sleepless night dealing with some health issues. In a few hours its time to take one of the kids on a college tour. I hope it goes smoothly :yawning_face::pray:t3:

Odaat friends :orange_heart:

21 Likes

459 days
Keeping active, staying mobile. Chill day.
Eldest has been having some friend/bullying drama at school, so good to be able to head to the gym after school and be with non-school friends and doing something active and that shes good at. A good life lesson there for her. Plus always good to remind her that anyone at her school she can probably kick their ass haha

Welcom @KaidenJames good work on the 3 days and more importantly good stuff making the realisation that you need to kick the drink
@Catfishin-fool great work on the PB… now everyday from here on will also be a PB
@Juli1 huge congrats on 400

18 Likes

Checking in before I go to bed sober on day 53 without marijuana. I took an accidental nap earlier so I’m in bed much later than I’d like, but i did some yoga and meditation and I’m about to hit the hay. Hoping for no nightmares tonight. I’ll even settle for no dreams at all.

See you all tomorrow morning :sunrise_over_mountains:

20 Likes

I had over two weeks sober… I was feeling good and so proud of myself! All of a sudden, I found some whiskey in my pantry stuffed away. I decided to relapse, so now I’m on day one sober trying again (kicking myself). I had the worst panic attacks and depression today. I hated that my kids were seeing me like this. Hopefully, a lesson will be learned here, and i come back stronger… It’s crazy how a good day ended up to a relapse.

28 Likes

32 or 33, not sure
Endlessly sad but sober.

22 Likes

Day 425 AF

Wife has shoved off for 3 week’s vacation and I’m left to fend the homestead.
I have 3 days left this week and then two weeks vacation beginning after Friday. Woohooo

Now previously that meant… well that was another life. Now it means 2 weeks of intensive weight training, cardio, much stretching, some sauna time, perhaps a massage or two, definitely healthy proper food. Just a lot of self care and fitness.

Enjoy your day if you can.
:heart::muscle:t2::peace_symbol:

28 Likes

387
Just cruising along.
@Butterflymoonwoman hey Dana have you tried using any appetite suppressant supplements? I find them quite good to alleviate overeating.

13 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1725. I hope everybody has a good one!

24 Likes

Checking in. Having a hard time sleeping tjinking of my aister and logistics of court. It seems trivial to be thinking about shit like taking days off work and where we will park when we go to court but my brain is occupied. Im sad this morning. Im sad and tired I didnt sleep well. Its the business of life that carries on around you even when you are going through a nightmare people cant comprehend. Preparinf for the trial but still have to fold socks, answer emails and sweep the floors. Trying to breath in to my children right now they are just small and so incredible, i love them so much and am so grateful for them.

Oh fuck i am tired as shit today and actually not looking forward to work today LOL :sleeping:

Also started the show the Leftovers and im loving it. Xo. Justin Theroux who knew?

14 Likes

Sending you a big hug Soli. Sadness is hard. :pray:t2:

3 Likes

Day 1,726 clean and sober today. Big hugs to everyone struggling today I am so sorry you’re going through what you’re going through. Fuck man, life is brutal sometimes but we fucking press on. Love you all dearly :heart::sunglasses::metal:t2:

20 Likes

Day 39
Rested and ready for today
No alcohol in my sights for the day
-Solar

17 Likes

Start of day 3. Today will be hard. Today is the day the salesman shows up with his relentless knocking. I’ve got a plan though. I’ve updated my sobriety card with reflective questions and scenarios to read throughout the day, especially before I go into the grocery store. I read on here that someone was at the grocery store and kept muttering to themselves no every time they had to pass the alcohol aisle. I think I’m going to do that too.
Not today Mr. Salesman, not today!

Have a great day everyone.

17 Likes

I don’t know exactly how I did it, but I downloaded the SoberTime app, which opens the counter, journal, and Talking Sober, then I downloaded TS separately, so it opens on the chat, without a counter. I didn’t do it on purpose, but it means I don’t need to mess with the counter unless I want to open it.

2 Likes

Thank you @Rookie. I’m sending you one back :cherry_blossom::heart:

@Juli1 the world comes up with all kinds of messed up ways to destroy us. It tries to destroy our spirit like with what they did to you by giving you a false image of yourself and then once you’re sad and vulnerable enough because of them, they make alcohol and drugs and all manner of poisons available to sooth the pain they cause. But don’t let them get to you friend. You’re here with all the people who understand you and don’t want to break you. We’re all here because we refuse to let the world do that to us any longer. Aside from this addiction, I had bulimia and body image problems my entire life. I know where you’re coming from and I’m hoping that we both can overcome all of this. Sending you hope and good vibes, hang in there :heart::cherry_blossom:

5 Likes

You still need to practice self-care. Is there anyone you trust to watch your kids, even for an hour or two? Take a walk, find a quiet cafe or restaurant where you can journal and regain your equilibrium, even take a nap while someone else is caring for your kids. You need to put on your oxygen mask before putting on theirs. If that’s a strained metaphor, I’m sorry. Be kind to yourself.

4 Likes

I’m grateful that the cup is half full! Good night from the land down under. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

If I had any whiskey in the house, I would be white-knuckling my sobriety. If you can, get rid of any alcohol in your house. As long as it’s there, you have an constant threat. We can still relapse if we don’t have alcohol at home, but it takes extra steps that allow time to think through the decision.
Glad you are here. Check in often. You will find this is a supportive, friendly, knowledgeable community.

2 Likes

No i havent tried any. What would u recommend? Id be interested in trying something! :slight_smile: