Checking in daily to maintain focus #8

Day 2 sober. I went today to the countryside to relax with some friends and to speak honestly with one of them about my struggle

10 Likes

He decided to leave.

1 Like

Being honest here and to yourself is important. I am sorry you are struggling right now with mental health issues. I will tell you that at about a year+, maybe a year in a half, I started feeling really anxious and started in with panic attacks as well. My PTSD really kicked in and it sucked and scared me.

I really looked at it and found, for me, that I think it took that long to really clear my body of all the numbing effects of alcohol use. And this was my body chemistry working to balance and bring forth what I needed to get out. So I sat with it for awhile. But eventually I found I needed medication for my unique body chemistry.

@Hailstrom, thank you for sharing your journey, ups and downs. Being real and honest helps us all. Know that feelings do pass and that you are healing. Know too that it is okay to accept medical assistance if needed. Be honest with your doctor and hopefully you can find what will help balance you. You are not alone. :heart:

10 Likes

You’re not far off a year. I suffered majorly around my year mark. Feelings of self doubt, depression. I knew I wasn’t going to drink or do silly things but… It felt like all the problems had come at once.
You’re doing the right thing. Trying to distract yourself. I’d imagine just trying to stay upright at the moment is a distraction. Dennis is giving his all at us.
Proud of you buddy.

6 Likes

Hey @Salty and @Jane.c … All the Christmas gifts from my husband were purchased by me. And I wrapped them. And wrote the gift tags (this last Christmas the words were sarcastic, and I made him guess what was in each pressie, after reading the tag out loud!! :sweat_smile::rofl:

PS: He brings me a cup of tea in bed M-F :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Day 26

I woke up super early and got Day 1 of my 9 day virtual cycling event out of the way.
It was a brutal 1.5 hours in the saddle. I made it through and have the rest of the day to get my chores done. If you like you can follow my progress here:

Hopefully everyone is having a great Saturday!!

11 Likes

@beaniebum
Great job on 45 days!! You keep knocking them down. Keep up the good work!!

@bluejai
Nice 2 month chip!! You are killing it!!!

@Nvbookthief
Hopefully you feel more cheery soon. Great job on 66 days!!

@Hazy
Hang in there. I know it has been a struggle for Day 11, but keep on pushing forward!!

@Alfa07
Nice job on Day 15!!!

@Salty
Wow, when did you rollup 70 days? Amazing job!!!

@bomdhil
Day 2, keep it up!!

@Fargesia_murielae
Nice work on Day 191!!!

So many people are killing it. Hopefully I did not miss or offend anyone.
Too much success to catch it all.

11 Likes

@Jen2020 @Shannon1980 @Hopeful777
Good morning sober twins!!! Hopefully y’all are doing okay?

We are on Day 26 pushing towards a full month sober.
Hang in there, we are almost to the first major milestone.

5 Likes

Day 616

Not much going on here in terms of day to day stuff. However, I do have an exciting trip planned. In May, I’ll be going out to Los Angeles (~2,500 miles away!) for the first time in order to attend Cruel World Festival, a 1-day music festival for New Wave/Synth music. I’ll be seeing Morrissey, Blondie, Devo…several of my favorites, there’s like a dozen bands on the bill that I’ve wanted to see. I haven’t been to a music festival in over 10 years. It’s not really my thing, the festival atmosphere, but I figure I can hang back a bit and just enjoy the music in my own way…no need to be stuck in the middle of a swarm of people.

I’ll be traveling alone, something I haven’t done in almost 4 years. GF can’t go. It’ll be strange to be totally on my own like that. This trip comes about a month before I hit my 2-year soberversary. I have 3 full days. 1 for the concert, 1 for fucking around LA/surrounding area (record shopping probably), and a day where I plan to drive out into the desert and stay out there all day.

I’ve always had a fascination with LA and the desert, so it’s pretty exciting to finally be going.

19 Likes

And why not buddy, and why not. Enjoy

3 Likes

Echo and the Bunnyman, Gary Numan, Marc Almond, The (English) Beat… Not half bad friend. @TMAC

2 Likes

Yay to double digits!

1 Like

Wow! That’s great for Laura and ultimately for you too. :blush: Proud of you for sticking with it these last few weeks. You’re a star!

2 Likes

Checking in on day 73, friends. :grinning:

9 Likes

Hope you had a good time outside clearing your head. I do think that the all the shit in our heads we put up with for so long, that we cropped up and pushed away by drinking, needs to come out at some point. So in a way it seems only logical we encounter some really hard times after sobering up. We cut our work out for ourselves when we decided to sober up. I thank you for the heads up because I understand that’s something in store for myself too in the coming time. In the meanwhile all I can do is encourage you to keep going. Going back to where we wore is no option. Forward is the only way. Per asper ad astra (or so I hope). And please post all here. The good and the bad. We need the whole picture. And so do you yourself I think. Thanks for sharing friend.

4 Likes

Great post @Fargesia_murielae :pray::kissing_heart:

1 Like

I don’t know :sob: Everything was deleted by the time I logged on, so I missed what happened. From the bottom of my heart I hope he comes back. He was a huge support to me and many others. I feel guilty for missing it :pensive:

1 Like

Hope you’re feeling better today James. I know it’s been a rough week for you as you continue to work on your therapy & sobriety. Sending you strength and positive thoughts. :hugs:

3 Likes

Day 157. Going on a day trip with the hubs. Hoping for a relaxing & enjoyable day. I may have time to catch up on all the check ins because good grief there’s a LOT!! I feel so out of touch. New people have come in and I’ve missed it entirely. Lots of good things happening on here. Shout outs to @GVLNative @Girlinterrupted @C_8 @Jane.c @SoberWalker @Ifs @Fargesia_murielae @Mno and @Salty because I can only tag 10 people - keep going you guys!! You’re doing great!

18 Likes

Have a lovely day!! You deserve the fun time :heartpulse::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like