Checking in daily to maintain focus #8

Hi all

Day 6 in the bag. Happy out and in bed sober and clean.

Livin’ the dream, baby! :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

Good night!

18 Likes

Day 114 here. Yesterday I gave my wine glasses away to charity. Cause nobody in this house drinks wine.

20 Likes

Day 13! Wish me luck as I’m going to a concert in a small venue and this will be my first test going out sober :grimacing:

13 Likes

Day 9 of sobriety, day 11 of breakup of decade long alcohol-centered relationship. Tough day. I’m sad

15 Likes

20 days. Today I felt fantastic. Just a bright, optimistic, positive outlook on the day. It felt great, better than I have felt for days or weeks actually. I hope it’s not the dreaded pink cloud :::::::

18 Likes

Good luck and stay strong. Check back in with us

Just insanely irritable yesterday and today. I dunno, period related or PAWS. Not even slightly tempted to drink tho.

4 Likes

Sadly I’m actually going through this every night for the past 8 days… When I wake up I’m actually afraid to fall back asleep and end up right back in the dream again. Hopefully it will stop soon.

2 Likes

So proud of myself every day that goes by I’m feeling so much happier and positive. I haven’t felt this good about myself in almost 10 years when I was sober I almost forgot how good it felt. Planning to go out to dinner on Wednesday night for my 30 days clean and I invited a few friends I have that do not use anything so we will have a happy drug/alcohol free dinner at a nice restaurant to celebrate! Milestones feel good. Though for me everyday feels like a milestone and I love it. Haha

22 Likes

Samantha, congratulations on 26 days!!!
Your dinner sounds like fun and it is good you are going with non-users. Stays strong and sober!!!

2 Likes

Huge Congrats to @crystalclear on 5 months, @MandiH on 700 days, @Fireweed on 16 months and @AyBee on 9 months. You’re all doing awesome!! Thank you all for being here and helping those of us with less days. :two_hearts: :hugs:

5 Likes

Day 5 sober. Exhausted :weary:

11 Likes

Ur body is recovering, give it time :kissing_heart:

1 Like
  1. Back in England. I found it really funny that the flight out was 11hr30 but the flight back was 9hr15…Maybe the flight back is downhill or something. Anyway! The last time I came back, I had horrific jetlag for about 4 days but flying back as late as possible seems to have cut it out. Got a few hrs kip on the plane and got to bed a couple hrs ago but after an hours sleep, I’m wide awake again lol ah well, nevermind. Which seems to be a topic which has been brought up quite a bit recently - Sleeping when newly sober; My advice is to just wait it out. In the first few weeks, your sleep pattern will be a mess - Just go to bed sleep when you need to, dont force yourself to go to bed at 10pm if you’re not tired. Itll be weird for a few nights and you might be a bit cranky but you’ll get better rest if you rest when you need to and not when you’re still alert. :slight_smile:
17 Likes

Flight times in either direction are longer or shorter depending on head winds or tail winds.

1 Like

Well that fucks my uphill/downhill argument completely, doesnt it?!

I jest. I knew about the tail/headwinds but have never known such a big difference between the two. Almost 2 hrs!

2 Likes

Day 437. On day 1 and for a long time after, I just could not wrap my head around the permanency of my life without alcohol. It was such a part of my day to day. The last few weeks and maybe couple months, I’ve been having this thought that I just can’t imagine my life WITH alcohol - at all. That’s been a nice shift in perspective. Hope you are all keeping after it, one day at a time. Congrats to @Fireweed, @AyBee, @MandiH, @TeejLazer, @Mno, and @crystalclear on those excellent milestones. Sorry if I missed anybody…

29 Likes

I love this frame of mind! I’m so happy you’re in it and to see you check in Tom.

Took a while for me to get to this place as well. It’s a good place to be. But I still regularly remind myself of the reasons I am sober. The people that post on here with multiple years of Sobriety that are starting over… It seems like one big reason they are, is because they kinda let the reasons they were sober slip their mind.

So i make sure to keep track of my sobriety during these times, so it doesn’t get lost.

13 Likes

19 Likes

I do mine in minutes because it looks impressive

End of today will be day 21, 3 whole weeks

15 Likes