Checking in daily to maintain focus #85

I have faith you can do it :flexed_biceps: stay strong and just enjoy the catch up with your friend . Just keep your wits about you and don’t pick up that first drink . :heart:

Hope all goes well x

4 Likes

Being in control is a very nice feeling. Maybe it’s helpful to find some things that you can control in group therapy:
Your breathe and posture.
Your gaze - you can decide where you look.
Your level of disclosure.
The power to pass, if you don’t want to share anything.
And maybe you can have some exit strategy for the worst case (which isn’t going to happen, I‘m sure).

Sending warm hugs :purple_heart:

P.S.: you can also take Rumble with you to group therapy. He‘s always on your side.

7 Likes

Tough times at work are always shit !
It’s such a big part of our lives that it really affects us.

Pour me a drink and il punch you in the face lol there’s a few people including myself I could say that to .

I hope your days get better . You can always vent your frustrations in here … we get it ! :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Bro that sucks and sorry to hear.

Though. HUGE respect for showing up and being accountable.

7 Likes

Checking in

I haven’t checked in lately (4-5 days), Im trying to cut down screen time. Things are just going, I’ve been going for my daily walks, but I’m behind on my monthly goal of 125K, im currently at 90K. Not too bad after all!

My mom is not feeling well, and that is stressing me out. She cracked a rib 2 years ago, and after a physiotherapist session 1 week ago, it seems that the guy cracked the same rib again… she finally went to the doctor today, and got some meds! I broke my rib 3 months ago, so I know what she’s going through! Not funny! Specially not at 76!

And work is also stressful with high season in full bloom and one colleague on long term sick leave! Nothing lasts forever! I hope she’ll be back soon (in 1-2 months) :woozy_face:

18 Likes

Job stress is hard. Dont let it take you out. I will miss you.

5 Likes

My promise bro im here.

No matter a fault ill be sticking around. Feeling a bit rough today. Comes with the territory I guess.

7 Likes

No where else to be. I got to hold myself accountable other wise I wont keep pushing through

5 Likes

Gahh! Dust yourself off and learn from it. You’ve got this!

4 Likes

Day 5 checking in

I reached out for help today. From the doctors to help with my anxiety. To my partner to help with the mental load. Both were frank honest discussions and I feel better for them.

As always I feel better for being sober. Feeling better for taking some time off work to reflect and look after my mental health.

I am trying to remind myself that I am enough just for the sheer fact I exist. I don’t have to prove anything or be anything.

Back to one day at a time.

19 Likes

Then go there for real, not the fake fantasy land. You have no idea the magnificence of creative and fantastical potential of such signs if you think drinking is representative of fantasy. Its like the temu version of the real thing…

7 Likes

Thank you all for the support earlier. Was helpful to be heard and understood.

I wasn’t in danger of drinking. At this point if I’m completely honest, I can see it coming… and I’d already made up my mind about tonight in advance. I knew I would be sober, but I also knew that I was angry about that.

We still had a great evening out and this time I’ll remember all of it! Sober me is a better person and I like myself a whole lot more.

25 Likes

I love this and can relate to this statement so much. Glad you had a great time.

5 Likes

Blame me for your discomfort, I dont mind, leave I don’t care. Just get help and get sober, I dont matter, this matters.

Try to see pisces and virgo as gifts to access real beautiful forms of escapism, without using.

Saying im a pisces and virgo, and its hard, thats why i use and go to fantasy land is spiritual bypassing, and also missing the point.

Having all those signs means you can have compassion for yourself, its there if you want it.

4 Likes

Day 169.

Husband has further issues with his feed tube so if I get him home this weekend I’ll be doing well.

Work have been really good through all of this and I tried logging on to start clearing things up. Took an hour to do all the security updates…..now where is that FRO thread…..

Zero cravings, dogs are more settled and the sun will be out tomorrow.

Have a great sober 24 everyone

21 Likes

Checking in on day 1008. Busy day at work today but I managed to get out on my break and find a sunny spot with birdsong to listen to and chill for an hour,l. Good for the soul.

@Lasse congratulations on 1 year :birthday_cake::tada::tada::tada:

@Lucalds congratulations on 8 months :tada::tada::tada:

18 Likes

Day 1535
Today has been a good day! I was able to get some sleep last night. My son stayed home from school as he had an appt today, but he is feeling quite a bit better. I went on a meeting as well and the lady hosting the meeting is mailing me some OA books! Grateful for that! I also am in contact with a lady that I may ask to be my sponsor. We have a time set tmrw to talk on the phone. She happens to live in the same province I live in, so thats great!

Now for some exciting news!!! As many of u know, my son has a tracheostomy (a device in his neck to help protect his upper airway). Hes had it for about 8 years. 8 years of us not being able to his hear his voice. 8 years of his room looking like a medical setting. 8 years of nurses in our home every single night (when they DO actually show up lol). 8 years of carrying heavy equipment everywhere we go. 8 years of him being easily susceptible to illness do to his trach. 8 years of a lot of extra appointments. And today… we got results from his sleep study that he CAN get his trach out. I signed the paperwork today for them to do a an airway scope in about 6 months to make sure that everything is good. And then later that same day, the trach will come out and they will tape up his neck and let the opening close on its own. He will need a Bipap every night tho as he has severe sleep apnea due to his brainstem tumor. But thats not a problem. He is excited!! As am I :star_struck: Its been a LONG road to even get to this point. So in the fall, this should be happening!

I am beyond grateful to God :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I feel good today. We still have a lot of work ahead of us to prepare for this event. But we have about 6 months to do that! Just wanted to share something exciting with u all today!
Hope everyone is doing well!
:butterfly:

41 Likes

Day 12. I was absent from this thread. It’s time to return to good habits

18 Likes

Way to go friend on reaching out for more support! Hope everyone was helpful with ur ask for help!

4 Likes

Beautiful! I’m happy for your family. :pink_heart::pink_heart:

7 Likes