Thank you!!! ![]()
That’s awesome, Dana! So happy for your family and for your son!!!
That is incredible news. Im so happy for you ![]()
Mammmmmmaaaaaaa!!! I’m literally screaming for you! Aaaahhhhh!!! Sing praises to the God of Miracles! O’ Hallelujah! Thank you, Jesus! This is so fabulous!!!
I’m so happy for your whole family! I will continue to keep you in my prayers!
![]()
That sucks, Travis, I’m so sorry. Thank you for still being here.
This can be your last relapse.
Heck yeah you did the right thing! It does suck to miss events…but not as much as it sucks to wake up hungover and ashamed. Good for you for protecting your sobriety!
I seem to be seeing everytging through shit-colored lenses tonight, so here are some positive thoughts:
- Work went well today. I handled all the unexpected challenges and had a productive day. Still on-track to meet my goals for the week.
- We went to the local public library to see our daughter’s artwork on display after work. Taking time to celebrate our kids and foster their confidence is one of my favorite things in life.
- At the library, we did a “storybook walk", played tic-tac-toe, and did some other hands-on learning activities we all enjoyed. I love it when life slows down enough so I can really engage with my kids as opposed to frantically putting out fires and just keeping our lives running.
- My son will be in kindergarten this fall and is already a very, very strong reader. His 3rd grader sister is, too. My wife and I put a lot of effort into encouraging this, and obviously we owe a lot to the other mentors/role models/educators in their lives as well.
- My wife was cast as the lead role in her 2nd show in a row. I’m worried she is going to miss out on family time due to all the extra rehearsal time, but it’s important to her so it’s important to me, too. It’s also healthy for our kids to see us having hobbies.
- We have a home. We have our health. We have our family. We have stable employment. I’m grateful for these things.
- I’m 80 days past my previous personal best of 110 days alcohol-free. Roughly 150 days(?) tobacco-free. 14 days THC-free. Raw-dogging reality is daunting, but I know it would be much worse if I was using.
Take care, everyone. ![]()
Day 1655 AF
Got like 2 hrs of sleep this morning. I had to reset my timer on MO, but I’m back to day 4. The urges were creeping in and couldn’t sleep. I had a vivid drinking dream. Man, I haven’t had a drinking dream like this in a minute. I woke up questioning my sobriety. What a trip.
Anyway, I was a chaperone for the little man’s field trip at the San Diego Zoo. It was pretty chill. I was dead tired, but coffee helped me get by.
There’s not much going on right now. I’m hoping I can knock out tonight.
I hope everyone’s doing well.
Take care. ODAAT ![]()
Day 372
Keeping my internal voices slightly quieter than my Higher Power voice helped clear my path today.
@Lasse Awesome journey that trip around the sun sober. Congrats
@Lucalds Congrats on the snowman!
1 year and 1 day sober. Here we come round two! Let’s see if this second cycle goes faster. I would quess so.
Ps. and thank you for your congratulations all. But even more I am grateful just for this community and basic daily posts from all of you.
Pps. If you haven’t yet made your first full year you can do it. Just one day at a time, no less no more. And it helps to admit yourself that you are addicted and powerless in front of alcohol if you already haven’t. You can always choose to stay this one day sober and the yeat shall go fast. It’s worth to try.
Checking in day 285. A pretty Tuesday-ish Tuesday at work. Generally the least eventful day of the week. Only two days left to April! Then the full Flower Moon! My first fully sober spring, and third fully sober season. It is so worth it. Wish I had done it sooner. Congrats on your Year, @Lasse and your 8 months @Lucalds !
2517
Work is chaotic but I did fine yesterday. I’m often tempted to write about some of my patients stories as their stories can be so instructive, but I can’t and I won’t. I’ll talk about me instead. I like that too
Very glad to have rediscovered this spot close to my work place where I can have lunch or do a little reading after work like I did yesterday. Also so glad to have found a novel I really like. It’s been a long while. Also had to remind myself I brought the book with me, I already automatically had my phone in my hand. High time to change that habit a bit.
Another beautiful day ahead now. I’m going to make today as good as I possibly can. Sober and clean. And I hope you will all join me in that. Much love from my secret spot.
@Lasse Late congrats on your full year Lasse! Fantastic work friend!
@Lucalds 8 Months! Yay you!
@2JTravNZ Thanks for checking in, sorry for the relapse. Hope you’ll find a new job soon and also hope you learn something about the nature of our addictions. Never again friend. ![]()
@Puddingface33 Excellent work lady. When in doubt beforehand, don’t. You’re protecting yourself and your sobriety. There will come times it is safe to go.
@james83 Well done friend. A time will come you will no longer angry or feel you’re missing out. It sure has for me. Not missing anything by being sober. Winning and gaining instead.
@JasonFisher Good times and bad ones Jason. We don’t drink. Thanks for being here and lkeep going. ![]()
Those are some great tips @DanielaJ !
And I guess I also just gonna have to accept that getting uncomfortable is part of the therapy.
Rumble is definitly going with me to group! I am even thinking about getting a tiny pink balloon tattooed so that he is always with me.![]()
![]()
Hello everyone!
DAY 244 AF
DAY 211 smoke-free
Thanks for all the good wishes; I really appreciate them and am grateful for your support.
This April has been such a long month. It felt like it would never end, and I don’t know why I am looking toward May with so much anticipation, like something is supposed to happen, even though I have nothing planned.
I am just happy that a week of not forcing myself to be productive to prove my worth turned into almost a month and a half of doing nothing. Although this month brought a lot of revelations (I had more this week coming from my brother, which I will not comment on because it’s not worth it anymore… I don’t feel the need to change anything there. It’s okay this way), it was emotionally quite taxing, but I am coming out of it feeling lighter.
Not having any expectations at all, seeing reality for what it is, and knowing that, after all, I don’t really care, it’s somehow liberating.
I can’t wait for Monday to come to start two projects I have already been painting in my mind. Tomorrow I go back to a nearby city to take care of my driver’s license, and maybe I will have it back as early as June. I don’t know why I look forward to it so much… it has a string of freedom attached to it.
I dreamed that I had one more brother (he was blond this time), and as he was misunderstanding me, I was trying to explain myself from an emotional point of view, something that has never happened and will never happen here. There is no space for emotion in this family, and my father wants all the attention focused on him. I think he never asked anyone in his life the question “How are you?”, he starts straight with an “I”, my mother used with a “what”!
Today I am grateful for:
- my driver’s license
- a short trip to Teramo
- my kitchen terrace, where I can eat at sunset (alone)
Wishing everyone a solid 24 sober hours!
@Lasse huge congratulations on the one year mark! Yess! Thats awesome
1034
Hadn’t check-in in a while. Still cruising.
My aunt was at my place for a week, it was great. Kids super happy. They have vacation so we spent a lot of time together, going places and doing stuff.
I had to wake up today at 4am and bring her to the airport, now it’s 7:30am and I’m back at home, kids still sleeping, I’m drinking my second coffee and probably I will need few more today to keep going.
Im questioning a lot of things lately. Even my sobriety. I love being sober but I miss being drunk. I mean, I miss this short period when I was funny outgoing drunk before I got blackout, talking nonsense shitfaced drunk. But I can’t drink. Cause I never stop in that sweet spot. I will always get shit faced. So here I am. Sober. And I love it. Just miss something lately…
I hope you’re all good. Much love ![]()
I am so sorry to hear about your job and your relapse Travis, but know that we are all here for you! And to quote Winnie the Pooh: “You’re braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think". ![]()
Well hello my fellow soberians …
Day one.
I have returned. A Jedi I am not tho lol ![]()
Here we go again.
Miss U all ! ![]()
After last night’s lapse. I promise you you really dont miss it. I thought I did too. You got this!
