Checking in daily to maintain focus #9

Day 165 and I feel like my battle is less about booze at the moment but more about my mind, spirit and controlling the internal rage or putting it into something positive.

The lack of booze has allowed me to focus on my mind, heath and wellbeing. I am a trying every day to live better, be better, eat better, think better, love better and deal with challenges better. I say better because the goal is not perfection it’s to be better.

God bless you all :slightly_smiling_face:

20 Likes

Day 252! Feeling tired and like I don’t have much to say.
Have a great day everyone :sparkling_heart:

17 Likes

I have to agree with you, so I had a drink that’s done but I truly expected to get back on the wagon and pick up where I left off but mentally and emotionally I’m right back at the beginning. I want to drink everyday again. It’s not very pleasant at all. DAY 3.

13 Likes

you don’t have to say anything 252 days says it all. Well done.

4 Likes

Second day of my vacation. Yesterday I went to sauna in the morning, read some book, went cycling, catch some pokemons, back home, went for some shopping, catch some more pokemons, back home, almost ordered unneccessary meal, went to visit my sister to help her with some repairs at her place, on my way home I decide to make another tour on bicycle to catch more pokemons :joy:.

All this to avoid my drinking/smoking habit when I’m starting my vacation. Also not playing video games (at home for hours as I used to) makes me feel like I’m already spend 4 days on vacation :smiley: great feeling.

19 Likes

Good morning!

today I have a day off from work. I have an appointment for CBT therapy and for diagnostic tests. normally I have to be clean for 6 weeks to do those tests. my councilor and psychologist made an exception because they were only small slips. today I have to fill in ADHD and autism screeners. personality test, iq test and a few that I have forgotten. it will be a long day … I am relaxing now.

Every time I read a piece from this topic. [Advice for the Newcomer and Constant Relapser] (Advice for the Newcomer and Constant Relapser

Already found some good suggestions there. I really need to change my behavior… I will post about my behavior later. that will be a long story … don’t have time for that now.

Wish you all a sober and clean day!
One day at a time, stay strong :muscle:

13 Likes

Thank you, we’re in this together. :blush:
Blessings and sobriety!
:sparkling_heart:

19 Likes

Hi Paul, I pray you’re ok and sober.
Blessings and sobriety!

2 Likes

Good morning Paul :paw_prints:
How are you holding up today? I know when I jump back on the wagon and I’m fighting to regain a little health, it’s really hard to stay motivated to stay sober. Your mind and body are fuzzy and the drink convinces us that it will make us feel better. Little bastard only causes despair. I’m over here routing for you and hope you’re having a strong day!!

4 Likes

Morning all quick check it on day 106 ,life got abit on top of me but I pulled on thru got to a meeting and it’s ok I’m getting there ,jft reading yesterday was us addicts are great at making a mountain out of a mole hill OH HELL YES ,so today I take things as they come and don’t make the little annoyances into something bigger than what they are .

13 Likes

So glad to see you back here. :hugs:
Blessings and sobriety Beth!

1 Like

Thank you so much Joy :hugs:

1 Like

Actually, wait for it, feeling pretty good today. Some hope has creeped back into my life. Not exactly sure if the reason is weird or not (potential new apartment), but I’m not going to question it as looking forward to my day is so much freaking better than looking towards it with despair.

Conversation with the ex-business partner was ridiculous. I get he thinks he’s offering me this one of a kind great deal that he’ll never offer to anyone else, but it was a hard no. I said I would stay on to consult as long as he needed, and he was good with that. He’s a full blown sales person and he is completely incapable of seeing my side or investment both financially and sweat equity. All good, we broke up on good terms. Again :joy: A little stressed about where me and the boys will live right now. I’m great at empowering them and keeping them motivated, so I’ll figure it out. You know, these are the Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Larry Page and Sergey Brin, and Jeff Bezos garage days. We got this! :man_dancing::muscle:

I looked at another apartment in the middle of uptown yesterday because the original building I like is having mad price surges right now and who knows when they are going to have a unit open up with the view I want. Not to mention said view comes with an even higher rent. I filled out an application yesterday. He said it was fine but I need proof of income which I won’t have for two weeks. Not sure I’ll get the exact unit I want now. If it’s meant to be, it will be. I feel good about it and I’m really excited to start my life over somewhere new. They call where I currently live the divorce huts :joy:

Speaking of divorce, attorney emailed yesterday with a question as they were finalizing everything. I think my divorce slipped through the cracks. Whatever. I have mixed emotions. Not looking forward to being divorced. We’ll see how I feel when it’s finalized.

Enough babbling for now. I have something currently to look forward to and that is keeping me going. Have a good sober day folks.

28 Likes

And @joy thanks for the support, I’m at work atm so best place for me, I’ve just had a text to ask if I’m going to an AA meeting tonight but I don’t know what to do for the best. My drink didn’t bother me at the time but admitting to others is worse than the deed. I don’t have to look you lot in the eyes when I say it. I’ll probably break down. Just having people like you there who act like you care makes me feel emotional, I’m not used to people caring.:paw_prints::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Checking in. Day 104. I haven’t even been thinking about drinking much but I know it will come and go. Sometimes I get vivid cravings but I ride it out and they pass. I had a work trip that got cancelled for the virus. Looking forward to more time at home.

18 Likes

Probably a relapse thing? Like, we want all the newbies/newcomers to not make the shit mistakes we made so suddenly we’re working our sobriety like we’re getting paid to do it lol. Proud of you!

1 Like

Day 8 - wide the eff awake at 4:30 am, fell asleep roughly around midnight? That’s a three or four day streak of 3-5 hr sleeps. The odd thing is I’ve mostly felt well rested. It makes me think it’s because I slept so much while depressed and binging that my mind and body are saying, “enough, already, it’s time to live!” I’ve got my plan for the day mostly figured out, lots to do, which is good for me. Happy sober Tuesday!

16 Likes
  1. Maybe my latest daily check in so far, has to do with the late shifts I’m working. Feeling pretty good even though I am following the news anxiously. 14 days till my flight to Texas. If it happens. Not much I can do but wash my hands and refrain from shaking them with others right. Staying clean and sober too, that gets more and more natural for me each day. Have a good one all! Sober and clean. Love from Amsterdam.
24 Likes

The shitty sleep eventually eases off. Your body is still adjusting and detoxing. It’s working just as hard to get healthy as you are!

3 Likes

this lasted about 40 nights for me until I realised this was going to be my new norm, the sleep you do get is better sleep than you used to have, it will recharge your body and mind in a way it never used to, plus you don’t need to sleep off a load of drugs or alcohol.

6 Likes