Checking in daily to maintain focus #9

My kids will probably be out of school for the rest of this school year. My ex had a somewhat new job and they basically just temporarily laid everyone off but 4 people. He’s one of the four… For now. I was planning on selling my home in June, but I think the economy will be fucked at that point and I’m worried I’ll end up losing money. But if that’s the direction the economy is going it’s better to abandon ship now vs trying not to sink for the next 2 years. Maybe that’s an exaggeration, doesn’t seem like it though. Also, I’m struggling with a close person in my life being less than happy with me. It’s deserved, I just wish I could “fix” it. But I think I’ve lost that opportunity. Anyways, my post is so not positive lol sorry!!! :hugs::joy::grimacing::sob: I’ll find a gratitude thread and just let loose there, stay tuned.

24 Likes

Woo-hoo!! Well done James. You are such an asset to this forum and have been a huge inspiration to me as I work on my own recovery. So proud for you to have met this milestone!! Keep being awesome and thanks for sharing your story with us.

2 Likes

Awesome! Congrats on 500 days James!!! Thank you for all you do on this forum. I hope you and Ronin have a nice little celebration together. :joy: :heart: :hugs:

3 Likes

Congrats! :dizzy:

1 Like

Well done!!! So many great milestones lately. Very happy for you James!! You are such a treasure here. We are all blessed that you share your kindness, compassion, strength and humor so freely. Thank you and congrats!!!

2 Likes

It’s okay to be in the weeds and bummed and not positive all the time…that is life
…up and down
…up and down

Hugs.

1 Like

Big ups on your 600 days and so nice having you back!!

A favorite saying, “Let go, or be dragged.” Very apt!!

2 Likes

Day 3, did some stretches and took a walk, feeling good.

8 Likes

James, nice work on 500 days!!!
I know you inspire me everyday. You are a great asset to everyone on TS. Thanks :pray:

5 Likes

I am about 6 hours in. Had to reset 🤦 I’m trying to not dwell but definitely need to start working some steps. Good night all :sleeping:

5 Likes

@ifs you are just plain excellent! To be a witness to your journey has been a joy, man! Not to mention your stewardship of this place. Thank you!

1 Like

There’s a lot of relief in surrendering that worry and fear and putting the self in the hands of the HP. It’s the only way I’m gonna be of any use to those who need me. Great share!

1 Like

Yeaaaaahhhh!!! Liv is back!!!

Liv, when do the sugar shacks open on Canada? I am fascinated with the idea of a sugar shack. I am going to one at some point in my life.

1 Like

Ugh! Day 1. I made it to 115 days and stopped looking at the forum and went back to drinking towards the end of November. I haven’t been abusing like I was before I tried to quit, but I def can’t handle it. Had some drinks last night, woke up feeling like death! No, it’s not the first time I have felt that way since falling off. It’s such a poison to my body and mental health. I did not go to work, instead lived with a pounding headache all day long. Not able to drink or eat anything until this evening. Even a sip of water would send me rushing to the toilet to get sick. My skin turns bright red in my chest now when I drink. I’m like “hello dumbass!! Stop doing this to yourself!” Anyway, I’m over it! How many times do I have to say that?!? When I look back at pictures during my sober period I look so refreshed and healthy. Not looking like that right now. What will I do different this time? Journal more, I quit doing that. Reach out in times of need. I quit doing that! Remember this day of hell when I think I want just one drink. Anyway, everyone stay safe out there! #flattenthecurve and sweet dreams.

18 Likes

I am so happy to still be only 14 days behind you Lea.

6 Likes

Day 98! Pretty average day, although I am starting to get sick of social distancing already :frowning:

12 Likes

Hi everyone,

Late check in at day 106.

Spend my evening replacing a tire on my car. It went flat this morning. And I couldn’t understand why. There was no nail. The tread was good. But there was a lot of air escaping through a gash.

I wish I didn’t have to spend my evening that way. Replacing tires in the dark of night is a real pain in the butt. At least I won’t have to ride on my donut tomorrow.

@liv_m, @SoberGuyUSA, @Eke,
Congrats on the 600 days.

@ifs,
Congrats on making it to 500

And @sprinkles,
It’s so nice to hear from you. Thanks for checking in. And congrats on surpassing 1 year.

14 Likes

Best news I’ve heard all night! Happy to hear from you Chad! :hugs:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 2500 replies.

Topic continues here: Checking in daily to maintain focus #10

2 Likes