Checking in daily to maintain focus #9

Woo-hoo!! Well done James. You are such an asset to this forum and have been a huge inspiration to me as I work on my own recovery. So proud for you to have met this milestone!! Keep being awesome and thanks for sharing your story with us.

2 Likes

Awesome! Congrats on 500 days James!!! Thank you for all you do on this forum. I hope you and Ronin have a nice little celebration together. :joy: :heart: :hugs:

3 Likes

Congrats! :dizzy:

1 Like

Well done!!! So many great milestones lately. Very happy for you James!! You are such a treasure here. We are all blessed that you share your kindness, compassion, strength and humor so freely. Thank you and congrats!!!

2 Likes

Itā€™s okay to be in the weeds and bummed and not positive all the timeā€¦that is life
ā€¦up and down
ā€¦up and down

Hugs.

1 Like

Big ups on your 600 days and so nice having you back!!

A favorite saying, ā€œLet go, or be dragged.ā€ Very apt!!

2 Likes

Day 3, did some stretches and took a walk, feeling good.

8 Likes

James, nice work on 500 days!!!
I know you inspire me everyday. You are a great asset to everyone on TS. Thanks :pray:

5 Likes

I am about 6 hours in. Had to reset šŸ¤¦ Iā€™m trying to not dwell but definitely need to start working some steps. Good night all :sleeping:

5 Likes

@ifs you are just plain excellent! To be a witness to your journey has been a joy, man! Not to mention your stewardship of this place. Thank you!

1 Like

Thereā€™s a lot of relief in surrendering that worry and fear and putting the self in the hands of the HP. Itā€™s the only way Iā€™m gonna be of any use to those who need me. Great share!

1 Like

Yeaaaaahhhh!!! Liv is back!!!

Liv, when do the sugar shacks open on Canada? I am fascinated with the idea of a sugar shack. I am going to one at some point in my life.

1 Like

Ugh! Day 1. I made it to 115 days and stopped looking at the forum and went back to drinking towards the end of November. I havenā€™t been abusing like I was before I tried to quit, but I def canā€™t handle it. Had some drinks last night, woke up feeling like death! No, itā€™s not the first time I have felt that way since falling off. Itā€™s such a poison to my body and mental health. I did not go to work, instead lived with a pounding headache all day long. Not able to drink or eat anything until this evening. Even a sip of water would send me rushing to the toilet to get sick. My skin turns bright red in my chest now when I drink. Iā€™m like ā€œhello dumbass!! Stop doing this to yourself!ā€ Anyway, Iā€™m over it! How many times do I have to say that?!? When I look back at pictures during my sober period I look so refreshed and healthy. Not looking like that right now. What will I do different this time? Journal more, I quit doing that. Reach out in times of need. I quit doing that! Remember this day of hell when I think I want just one drink. Anyway, everyone stay safe out there! #flattenthecurve and sweet dreams.

18 Likes

I am so happy to still be only 14 days behind you Lea.

6 Likes

Day 98! Pretty average day, although I am starting to get sick of social distancing already :frowning:

12 Likes

Hi everyone,

Late check in at day 106.

Spend my evening replacing a tire on my car. It went flat this morning. And I couldnā€™t understand why. There was no nail. The tread was good. But there was a lot of air escaping through a gash.

I wish I didnā€™t have to spend my evening that way. Replacing tires in the dark of night is a real pain in the butt. At least I wonā€™t have to ride on my donut tomorrow.

@liv_m, @SoberGuyUSA, @Eke,
Congrats on the 600 days.

@ifs,
Congrats on making it to 500

And @sprinkles,
Itā€™s so nice to hear from you. Thanks for checking in. And congrats on surpassing 1 year.

14 Likes

Best news Iā€™ve heard all night! Happy to hear from you Chad! :hugs:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 2500 replies.

Topic continues here: Checking in daily to maintain focus #10

2 Likes