Checking in for Accountability

Sparkling water helped me so much through day one!

Hey @JG7804 @shlyn1698 @Bears how are you all doing today?

Feeling okay so far! I’ve had some stomach cramps but nothing terrible. I work at a bank and fridays are the most stressful so my main focus is going to be relaxing on my way home. Thank you for checking!

1 Like

:wave:t3: I went to my first AA meeting and it was incredible! I met so many incredible people and got my first medal!

6 Likes

So excited for you!

1 Like

@bears that’s fabulous! Good work getting up the gumption to go to a meeting. @shlyn1698 Glad you are getting through even with Friday stress.

This is my day 3, and sugar cravings are kicking in. Trying not to replace one thing with another

1 Like

Doing okay. Weekend creeped up on me. I’m worried but trying to stay strong.

1 Like

Yeah, this has been and much harder day than yesterday. Lots of cravings. Just noticing how many places within walking distance of my home sell alcohol. It’s literally everywhere. I just had to stay home and try to focus on work, and call friends whenever I thought “maybe I’ll just go for a walk” because I knew exactly what my brain was trying to trick me into

I reached three days but I don’t feel happy. I feel like breaking down I’m so emotional.

1 Like

I never thought I’d get this far this time last week… I was super emotional yesterday but so proud I didn’t reach for the bottle… today has been a sunny day with my family - feeling blessed :blush:

1 Like

@JG7804 I hear you. Days 3 and 4 have been harder than 1 and 2 for me. My big trigger is coming today (my narcissistic ex dropping off our son) and I am scared. It always comes with a floor of anger, shame, and hurt. Have you found any ways to lean into those feelings and try to understand them better? I’m going to try journaling mine tonight, instead of coping with them with alcohol. Stay strong :muscle:

@Bears How are you dealing with the emotional part? I am feeling scared and nervous for this to start hitting

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @JG7804 @LaurieVee @Racmillian :hugs:

Dropping this here if it’s useful to you :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forum! 2021 edition :)

1 Like

@LaurieVee I’ve been journaling to see how far I’ve come… been talking daily with my unofficial sponsor (not sure how I go about making it official…?) and honestly - this forum has helped hugely. Whenever I’m feeling a little anxious, I come on here and read… knitting has also been hugely soothing to me - keeping my hands occupied x

1 Like

@Bears ooh, knitting is a great idea!

1 Like

I want to take one sip just to feel the taste going down my throat. I keep trying to convince myself that one won’t hurt. I keep journaling all the reasons why it would be wrong but that doesn’t seem to stop the cravings. I say just one but I one will tune into many. And before you know I’m left broken again. How do I stop the cravings?

1 Like

Try drinking a lot of water. I’ve heard others on here say it works for them. Find something to do to get your mind off it. If you’ve made a list of all the reasons you quit, read over that list multiple times. Most importantly, play the tape all the way through to the end to remind you where that first drink will lead. Cravings pass eventually.

2 Likes

I gave in. I had a late night and couldn’t hold back.

Put it behind you and move on. Have you considered a program? Building a network of people you can call on when times get tough helps. I use AA but there’s many others to choose from. Here’s a link you may find useful. Resources for our recovery

1 Like

How are you doing @JG7804 ?

1 Like