Checking in on day 1…

No more smoking and no more drinking

14 Likes

Welcome to the community :raising_hand_woman:

Today and right here is a great place to start :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you. I appreciate that.

1 Like

Welcome. Make this a good habit by checking in daily.

3 Likes

Hello and welcome

2 Likes

Welcome! Be active here…this place holds a ton of information and even more support.

2 Likes

Hey welcome !!! & You’ve got this . Congratulations on the first step !

1 Like

Welcome to the community @Jenni1 - this is a great place to find support and advice and also amazing for distraction if and when the urges arise. Do take some time to look around and check out the threads. A few i think that would be helpful are listed below - wishing you the best and hope to see you around

Checking in daily to maintain focus #56
Grumpy A-holes (quitting cigarettes/ nicotine products)
Cravings & how to beat them, Isolation vs. Connection, H.A.L.T

2 Likes

Welcome to a very supportive, non judgmental forum. I wish you well on your journey😊

2 Likes

How did Day 1 turn out?

Hi there,this is my first day as well.
Mixed feelings and plenty of worries

2 Likes

@Jenni1 How are you getting on?

Welcome aboard! If you haven’t gone to any meetings yet I would say feel free to go to a few! If you don’t have the Big Book yet the Everything AA app has both the ebook and audiobook!

It also has the 12 steps which is a great place to start! It takes courage to do what your doing. This is a strong move on your part! Keep it up!

It turned out okay. I’m just tired I think. I’ve been on Wellbutrin for a little while now and. It is helpful. I’ve just had so much going on in life that my head just feels scrambled if that makes any sense.

What do you mean?

How are you getting on means how are you doing. I was just checking in with you x

1 Like

I am doing okay… tired today… maybe a bit down.

1 Like

Thank you by the way

1 Like

Sorry to hear you’re feeling down x If you find the time today, try taking a walk. If I feel stressed or down I find a walk helps a lot. Particularly if you get to walk around nature, forested areas, the sea, or a lake. I find it very therapeutic.

3 Likes

Good to have you here Arsinoe, take it one day at a time. That’s what I learned here!

1 Like