Community Moderator: Applications open!

Did anyone else notice that banhammers is 10 letters?

4 Likes

That is anarchy. I prefer the order of a benevolent dictatorship in this arena.

2 Likes

Welcome to thunderdome

3 Likes

@Robin. Can I put my personal opinion here? I understand that you are only looking for one extra mod at the moment. I understand giving a ton of power to everyone is a disaster waiting to happen. But my thoughts are that I don’t know on any given day what my day might be like. Usually I can balance life and play on here a lot but then there’s days when I am underwater most of it. So with that line of thought… I would almost think adding 5 more mods could be a benefit. It might persuade someone like me from well I don’t want to jeopardize this place to I can usually help so I’d be glad. My breakdown just at first thought is add 3 mods that are getting long in the tooth around here. And 2 of the newer group that fit criteria. Just what I was mulling over in my head. Maybe a 50/50 split is a better way I don’t know?

Ha. To get back to the subject. I’d be cool with anyone that has been named. I don’t really think it would be a terrible thing for someone that doesn’t have a ton of sobriety. If they are solid then they should be considered.

I can see the AAer angle I guess. But @Steve92 has made no secret that he is in AA and it hasn’t been a problem.

So if y’all want it, then go for it. @Englishd @CaptAZ or @Donut89 all have great things to offer the site on the daily. They are all “early on” but have solid recovery. And of course if @SassyRocks wants it, she should be considered​:wink::grin:

1 Like

Only one can rule them all…

Edited to add, I posted that after @Gabe.G gave me a shout out…and then it REALLY made me chuckle.

1 Like

One part of me would love to help out, I am a control freak at times and I do love organization. And it usually seems obvious to me when things need to be moved, shut down or pulled back. I do like putting the hammer down, I won’t lie.

However, I also can be a self righteous judgemental approval seeking know it all…so perhaps I need a tad more 'me work before entering the fray. I am, of course, honored and giddy that anyone would consider me. Also, I am not always around and I keep older lady hours cuz, I am an older lady.

Idk. Maybe next time around. Or offering some smaller type of assistance. I am always happy to move topics if they are bothering people.

Hey guys! I have taken a step back as my personal life got a bit busy but in a very positive way :slight_smile: I still log in pretty much daily and read through comments as part of my sobriety plan, but I seldom reply now…still sober and strong. :smiley:

5 Likes

I think @SassyRocks would be awesome. She seems very level headed. And she quoted LOTR lol

1 Like

Still bucking for 2 for the price of One? :grin:

Depends. Is it working lol?

1 Like

Are you currently bearded? Robin didn’t list that requirement, but it’s a must. If I remember correctly you qualify.

3 Likes

Bahaha!!! Love it!

2 Likes

I can wax those nose hairs for you. :joy:

9 Likes

Litterally…loling!

3 Likes

16 posts were merged into an existing topic: C-Sun’s randomness

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: C-Sun’s randomness

8 posts were split to a new topic: C-Sun’s randomness

hey try and keep this thread on topic… i see this conversation taking an interesting turn lol

2 Likes

Lol oops! I have nothing of importance to add to the thread.

1 Like