Crocheters, Knitters, Crafters, and the like 2020 to present

Thanks! I mostly make blankets. My friends pay for the yarn and then I make one for them. Keeps me busy instead of drinking!

2 Likes

I still can’t knit or crochet, but I have been felting. Needle felting at first, then I felted soap for Xmas presents.

12 Likes

These are sooo cool! Looks difficult to do. But i love them!

2 Likes

Finally finished my first hand embroidery project. I covered the back in dark blue felt to cover up the thread and added a lace ribbon on the side of the embroidery hoop to add some decoration. This one is a gift to my mom.

Now onto the next project. I bought a kit recently off of amazon. Wanted to do one for our bedroom so thought this was cute.

13 Likes

Love the needle work!
Felting isn’t really difficult, but it is a practice in patience.
@Claire_quit2 yeah ouch! And even though I have finger protection, I never use them like a dumb dumb :laughing:.

3 Likes

@Butterflymoonwoman beautiful! I need to get my kit out, too! But I have too many projects right now.

@Sober_Ninja love the felt work!

I’ll post my current WIP and completed one later on, since my husband is wearing his at work!

2 Likes

I had a half knitted sweater that I wasn’t happy with but was determined to finish (pre-recovery) and recently I “frogged it,” aka ripped it out. It was one of the more cathartic things I’ve done, I salvaged the yarn for a future project and was able to let it go. A big deal for me!

I’m excited to hear more about your pink cloud project.

And cute patches!

3 Likes

Omg, I love felting (I don’t do it, but I have been collecting some, literally was just perusing etsy for a little woodland creature). I adore these! Especially the mushrooms, we are in fungi ville here and mushrooms like this pop up! So creative!! Is it as challenging as it looks?

I love your new love design @Butterflymoonwoman !! And your Mom is lucky for the lovely gift.

@Claire_quit2 , this is so cool, great work. We used to do this in high school back in the 70s. Nice to see it again, brings back sweet memories I had forgotten. :purple_heart:

4 Likes

It really isn’t too challenging. I was thinking about making a little video of me doing it. It’s really just stabbing something over and over again. Therapeutic. :joy:

4 Likes

Ooohhhh, that sounds very therapeutic indeed! :crazy_face: If you do a video, please share. My niece made me this gift…which I adore…

And @englishd was with me when I scored this cutie in Asheville at a felters dream store (where I need to visit again)…

12 Likes

Yessss :clap::raised_hands:. Good times

3 Likes

Oh wow, these are amazing!!! I love your painting!! The felting is so cute and colorful!! Patching is amazing…I don’t think I have seen anything quite like it. You are very creative!

You might enjoy this watercolor my niece gifted me…

11 Likes

Lovely stuff @Claire_quit2 @Sober_Ninja @SassyRocks

Here are a couple of felted mice my Mami gave me once upon a time. They’re meant to be ornaments but I haven’t found a spot to hang them. I love their little outfits.

9 Likes

I adore them!!!

1 Like

I have a rather long list of requests for knitted winter items from friends and family, especially these fingerless mitts/gloves. They’re the most requested and sometimes I make them fancy with cables and intarsia knit, but I need to keep these simple. First pair are some I made for my husband and the second in progress is for my brother. I’ll swap the main color with the stripe color on the matching mitt.

13 Likes

Fingerless gloves are my absolute favorite!! Those are quite nice!!

If you start taking etsy orders, let me know! :heart:

4 Likes

I have been meaning to and have been told to start an Etsy loads of times…maybe this should be my year! :heartpulse:

3 Likes

I really need to sit down and do some you tubing to figure out how to knit/ crochet. These are so fun!

2 Likes

It’s incredibly satisfying! I’ve been knitting since I was a teen, but after taking long breaks I know it takes some time to get the muscles in your hands and the motions to feel more natural. Lots of long skinny scarves to practice! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Left hand finished! I like the orange thumb that sticks out beyond the stripe length lol :laughing:

13 Likes