Crocheters, Knitters, Crafters, and the like 2020 to present

Nice pattern and look toasty warm!!

@Claire_quit2 …beautiful work! Love the random. :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Thank you for showing me these! I’m going to get out my sewing machine next week and try to make at least one item.

1 Like

Progress! About 3/4 done :yarn:

17 Likes

Beautiful! Great job!

1 Like

After looking at all the beautiful projects on this thread I’m not sure my contribution qualifies lol! This hoodie belonged to my son and as such had food stains on the front which I thought would be disguised by using fabric dye before realising it needed a little embroidery on top before I could give it to my daughter. She loves it now!

12 Likes

Do ittt :sweat_smile:
Thankyou though, the blankets take so long but worth it. I think I’m going to try pump out a quick one next time, the last two have been very long projects :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

A second hoodie where I wanted to highlight the tie dye effect.

13 Likes

Very cool! I love a tie dye anything!

2 Likes

My newest project so far. Ive learned the Satin Stitch for this piece and i can honestly say… its THE most annoying stitch of all haha

12 Likes

It’s pretty tedious, isn’t it! An exercise in letting go of perfection. It’s looking great so far! Love the colors.

That is beautiful! Well done.

Finished! Now on to a pair for me.

15 Likes

Thanks! I’m sending them to my brother and his hands are slightly larger than mine :wink:

Okay. New project decisions time! I want to make a lacy or open weave knitted wrap/scarf. I’ve done lots of lace work in the past but never in the diagonal. I love this book and here are some basic patterns I am looking at right now. Question is, do I use the variegated yarn (superwash highland wool and polyamide) or the neutral (Pima cotton and alpaca). I’ve had the neutral for so long after I bought it at a local yarn shop sale so I’m anxious to use it and might get more out of a cotton blend here. When it’s cold, it’s COLD and I don’t usually wear my hand knits in favor of heartier gear. Any thoughts? I will knit up swatches too to see what I think about it. And measure my amount of each and so on. I’m worried the variegated purple blue will be lost on a lace stitch but I could be wrong.

Here’s an example of one of the lacy scarves I made years ago and didn’t gift away:

I’ll post swatches when I get them done.

11 Likes

Love the colors!

2 Likes

Here’s a picture of my dog looking sad the like third time I made a sweater for my mom wrong and had to pull it apart and start over! Happy ending: I finally finished it and gave it to her for her birthday last weekend, hopefully it’s not infused with too much rage.

12 Likes

That’s some perseverance! I’ve definitely been there before having to start over multiple times. Do you have a pic of the final product?

My dog also gives me that look when I pull out my knitting because I won’t be petting her as much or giver her my full attention :laughing:

2 Likes

I don’t have a pic, but I think I might make one for myself and I’ll take a pic of that one. I did like the final product, once it was finally achieved. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This was a dreamcatcher i made about 10 years or so ago. It was for a project on the stages of change. Found a good picture of it and thought Id share :slight_smile:

9 Likes

@Butterflymoonwoman id love to try a dream catcher, I’ve never made one. Are they hard to do?
I’m thinking about making some of these crochet critters and leaving them around the wellness room at my work for people hehe

I’ve also never made anything other than blankets so it’s a bit daunting but apparently very simple.

9 Likes