Crocheters, Knitters, Crafters, and the like 2020 to present

Started knitting first time in 25 years. Never thought i would start again. Its so calming and zen. Never mind the outcome (at least for now, maybe later). Nice thread, you guys are so skilled and creative! :green_heart:

8 Likes

Adore these colors!!!

She’s finished :heartpulse: Sending it off to London for my sister in law. I don’t currently have a project aside from attempting some crochet critters. Don’t know what to do with my hands :joy:

13 Likes

Time to shop for yarn! It’s half the fun. :star_struck: if you don’t have a crafting journal they can be super fun to plan projects in, too. I even break out the colored pencils sometimes!

2 Likes

That’s a great idea! I love the colour planning too. My daughter is bugging me to finally make her a blanket. I’ll have to get searching. Although I am keen on the idea of learning how to make something other than blankets.

1 Like

Its beautiful :heart_eyes:

I got sober a year ago. I saw a lady crocheting at a meeting. She said it would keep me sober.

I’m making her a shawl :crossed_fingers:

11 Likes

Lovely pattern :heart_eyes: and story.

Pretty!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I made an extra :heart_eyes_cat: of the cat of my son

12 Likes

Love it! Meoow

1 Like

There are some very creative people here and great projects. I cannot crochet but i’d like to learn. I do a lot of knitting as its a great distraction and stops me eating chocolate :sweat_smile: i knit some doggy blankets and i have knitted some baby blankets which i will give into a charity shop.

11 Likes

I did teach myself to knit using youtube about 5 years ago as a hope to help me stop smoking /drinking. It was a great distraction but never did get me to kick my addictions. I havent been knitting as much lately but do miss it and need to get back into it now that i am addiction free. It is a very relaxing activity and definitely a great way to keep your mind occupied especially if you find a hard pattern. I could never get the hang of crocheting but have a few hooks and will try again soon :wink:

4 Likes

Very cool…i love when yoy can wear what youve made. Socks to me are the trickiest- havent even attempted to make. I did make a pair of fingerless gloves…took forever but worth the effort :smile:

8 Likes

Thank you! :blush:

I started a couple of years ago after quiting smoking.keep those hands busy :nerd_face:
For crochet you can look for a CAL a crochet along. Then you get tutorials (film) and parts of a pattern. That is how i learned crochet. You will end with a new addiction. One more blanket and more yarn :crazy_face:.

1 Like

Ooh thank you. .will give that a try for sure.

1 Like

If you need help or ideas let me know :grinning:

1 Like

Really appreciate it. Will reach out when i attempt crocheting again :blush:

1 Like

Recently learned double crochet and granny squares. I enjoy it more than knitting. Can’t stop won’t stop. I loved viewing all of your amazing and unique work! :yarn::two_hearts:

10 Likes