Crocheters, Knitters, Crafters, and the like 2020 to present

Vibrant!! Love the colors!!

Finally got around to making myself some new mitts. I love the retro look.

18 Likes

Relearning two stranded fair isle knitting. It came back easily but I need to practice more to get the tension even. Exciting, though! I wish I had better contrasting colors with me on this trip.

13 Likes

Progress pic.

9 Likes

So cheerful!

I started this blanket when my bf first disclosed to me about his SA betrayals. I called it the heartbreak blanket kinda ironically. I got most of it done in 2021 in autumn, not seeing anyone, just sitting at home knitting ruminating hurting crying being mad eating only chicken and chocolate. Then it rested for a long time and I could not bring myself to finish it. Felt like Penelope. We finally broke up in October last year. I finished it now.

13 Likes

It is beautiful and it looks warm. :people_hugging::heart:

1 Like

That’s an amazing blanket and yes it looks toasty. But are you going to keep it? I know I’d be on the fence about it, if it brought back bad memories…

Yes keeping it as an artefact of going through my pain. It’s the good memories of being there for myself in tough times I connect w it.

1 Like

That’s a great way of considering it, and it honours your strength. Thank you.

1 Like

Yes I love to crochet. I crochet these hats for my daughters and wife, tassels and poms haven’t been put on my wife’s hat yet and the poms on the other two haven’t been cut and trimmed yet, but you get the idea.

Crocheting is a great sober activity for me. It keeps my hands and mind busy and the best part is I am creating something.

Another fun hobby like this is painting miniatures for dungeons & dragons or warhammer or other similar type miniatures. I don’t really play the game but I love to collect and paint the miniatures.

13 Likes

Relearning finishing and carrying yarn techniques. You’re looking at the wrong side of a couple of mitts, one I just knotted per color change and then had to weave ends in. On the right I’m trying a different way to add yarn and carry the yarn up the seam.

If I want to make quality products I want to not cut so many corners. As a teen I was so much more adept and I’m very excited to regain these skills. Still gotta find my preferred yarn join.

I think you can see the knitting is distorted by the weaving in on the ends on the left compared to the smooth look on the right. I’m on to something!

10 Likes

Knitting is not my fav but I wanted to try this. It is a pattern but my son loves green so I chose my own colors. And yes, with a cat you cannot put something on the ground without a cat on top :nerd_face:

9 Likes

Your hats are marvelous!!

1 Like

Thank you so much! I just do it for fun, I don’t know any of the tricks or cool methods other people use. A lot of the techniques I use my roommate in college and I kind of just figured out ourselves through trial and error.

I’ve had to figure out new ways to make the pom poms as the way we originally did it was by wrapping yarn around beer bottles. San Pelligrino cans work well too though, they’re about the same width.

1 Like

Very beautiful :green_heart:

1 Like

Learned wet blocking this week. Sharing some new storage and a few things I’ve been working on…:yarn:

13 Likes

Beautiful blanket! Wet blocking is so worth it for a polished finished product.

1 Like

Thank you! It’s not perfect but not bad for my first crochet. I was a knitter until recently. Learned a lot and can’t wait to make another one. :heart:

2 Likes

Gorgeous work!!! And appreciate your organizing skills as well. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like