Daily Check in to avoid relapse. 🤷‍♀️ ANY support sincerely valued!

Hi Stacey,

Before I comment, I just have a few questions if you don’t mind.

Did you relapse with weed? Or was it something else?

And where exactly did you get access to your DOC?

I relapsed with weed. I went to hang out with a friend and we ended up hanging out for a while. And I dont kno it was like autopilot was on. I just did it. I didnt even give myself any room to try resist. I just full blown went ahead. I know I shouldn’t have but I didnt care at the time.

Which country are you in again Stacey the UK or the US :slightly_smiling_face:

New Zealand :blush:

Haha this is THE BEST. I often hear that voice in my head talking me out of contacting someone - saying it’s selfish and that I should have reached out to them when I was doing well, and all kinds of other things. The fact is, I have been helped the most by people in recovery who say something honestly when they are having a hard time, and the people who do that I have noticed tend to get solid recovery often soon after doing that. So great job you! Thank you so much - your message was just what I needed today

1 Like

You had moment of unclarity.

I get a lot of those too.

Some practical things that I’ve done to help prepare myself for those is

1. Keep really good boundaries for myself.
    In a case like yours, I would be careful who I hang around with. A friend like that would clearly be a boundary violation.

Those that do not love recovery will not help me do recovery.

I actually stole this from Reformers Unanimous. The original principle actually reads:

Those who do not love the Lord will not help me serve the Lord.

Pretty profound. We need to be very cautious who we hang around with because that have a huge negative infuence in our lives.

1. Here’s a thread started by @CaptAZ decribing the impact that read time on TS has.

How much do you Sober Time?:

Check out the read times that other members have. Compare them to yours. And see if there might be an opportunity.

Thanks for sharing. Never give up, never.

4 Likes

What is a read time?

Today was a beautiful sunny day. I laughed abit. I cried abit. And I’m checking in on day 2. I guess all I can do is be grateful its day two and not day one again. I have alot on my mind but I have so much to be grateful for. I need to stop forgetting that. I pray all you sober soldiers are doing well. All the loves :heart:

1 Like

What time of day is it there?

11:38 pm :blush:

Where are you and what time is it?

Manchester, England 10.40 am

Oh your in New Zealand aren’t you

I sure am :blush:

You can PM me if you dont wanna spam this thread lol

I could have taken a job and moved to NZ to live a couple of months ago

What made you decide to not take it? What was it?

It was a carpentry/woodworking job, I would absolutely love to have taken it, they are still available. I didn’t want to leave my parents here in England and I would miss out on my four year old niece growing up.
The pay was $60,000 ---- $90,000 a year. Is that good?

I would think so yeah. About 30 000 - 45 000 Pounds? If I did it right.

Yet I just checked it’s pretty much half :+1: