How much do you Sober Time?

This screenshot shows how much I’m on Talking Sober. I’ve literally burned my screen with it’s format.

I see a tremendous correlation with the people who check in, peruse, become ingratiated in this community and their success in getting/ maintaining sobriety.

Look forward to getting to know you better, to sharing our journeys together. Keep trudging with me.

Edit- it’s not showing on that posted screenshot as much as it does on my phone lol. But believe it’s there :rofl::joy:

Took a pic with the wifes phone and now you can see it lol

17 Likes

I completely agree with you. Whilst there are exceptions in most cases the people who seem to be more successful have a lot of read time.
I know for a fact that I would have used again if it were not for this app. Am coming up on four days read time in 35 days of visiting and I attribute that to all you fantastic people on here so I thank you all for being here​:grin::grinning::+1:

13 Likes

An embarrassing amount tbh😶

2 Likes

How you check?

3 Likes

How do you find out read time??

If I’m awake, I’m pretty much always close by. Love this place, so much love and support :yellow_heart::purple_heart::blue_heart:

7 Likes

If only you could take a picture of your phone’s [hardware] screen with… your phone :rofl: but I believe you!

I’m not sure I want to know exactly how much time I really spend here…

…but it’s worth it. Community is essential. If it’s not TS for me it’s AA. As long as I’m connected with other soberites.

5 Likes

Just click on the posters profile picture. It always feels like I’m being a bit nosy lol. I’ve seen people who are really struggling, had the app for a year but only read like twenty minutes. I’ve found that I get back what I put in to it :+1::grinning:

4 Likes

Click on your profile and select summary in the drop box :grinning:

Since I joined, I’ve racked up 32 days of read time :open_mouth:

To check, visit the Summary section of your profile. It might show you Activity when you first visit it, just tap Activity to change it to Summary, and you should be able to find your read time.

5 Likes

Before I found the app, I had spent a lot of years in a relapse and quitting cycle, adding up more long stretches quit, but never feeling solid or stringing together more than a few weeks sober. I was SO INCREDIBLY DOWN on myself and life in general…lots of very dark thoughts and just getting by.

I don’t participate as much as I did my first year or so, and I have taken a lot of breaks, but I do know the app helped me tremendously during my first six to nine months in what would become my quit that stuck.

I learned so much from those that came before me on here. This is an excellent resource and community. And it has always been a place I could turn to when I needed a reminder of why I am sober.

My stats…837 days sober…

11 Likes

Found it…

6 Likes

Oh my, I really cannot process these stats.

Screenshot_20190701-113618~2

150k posts read!!

12 Likes

6 Likes

It was exactly the same for me though I’m miles away from your length of sobriety time or at stats :grinning:

1 Like

Lots of reading. Imma nosy thing​:eyes::eye::eyes:

Update: we’re all ‘curious’ cats🙂

5 Likes

4 Likes

Mine is dwarfed by the rest of you but I’m happy with it for now. (I don’t want to be a competitive addict :joy::sweat_smile::rofl::sob:):grinning:

5 Likes

It is a process. :heart: Keep moving forward and learning and adding to your sober toolbox and muscles. I am still amazed and very grateful to be where I am at…finally…finally.

I like seeing all the smart people who are getting sober at such a young age. What a gift!

3 Likes

This place has been like a second home. Some days a little, some days a lot, but I show up every day. If you check badges, all the peeps with the 365 days visited badge are solidly sober, that is no coincidence.

7 Likes

Days visited is equal to days sober. Coincidence? I think not.

8 Likes