Daily Gratitude List #2 (Part 1)

Today I’m grateful I went for a run. Today I’m grateful I stopped in and saw my mum at work and did something nice for her. Today I’m grateful I’m single as it’s allowing me more time to focus on the things I need to to get well. Grateful for being willing to be grateful. Grateful for a AA meeting tonight. Grateful for the tool of meditation and the endless resources out there that I could utilise to help me. Lots of love from NZ 3:30pm here. Oh and I’m grateful for a week of work ahead outside doing manual labour in the cold conditions. Grateful that every minute of that is preogressivley setting new up financial for when I go back to uni. Grateful I’m going back to uni in two weeks. Grateful for the stats class I’ll start next sem. Grateful I have a safe flat to go back to with kind people. Grateful there’s aa and na there. Grateful I’m willing to get an na and maybe and aa sponsor too when I get back, and grateful I’m willing to give the meetings there a go again. Grateful I’ll be in a “new” place away from those closet to me as it will force me to get out of my shell a little, even if it’s just going to aa, class and the gym so I’m grateful for that. :v:

9 Likes

Yes yes! I will find the reading thread somewhere in this TS place and tag you.

I’m grateful for fellow bookworms! :books: :bug:

4 Likes

I’m grateful we all made it home safe and sound to Flagstaff.
I’m really really grateful for this. Not everyone makes it home safe and sound as Kelly and I saw today.

Trigger warning about death

I wanted to share this somewhere. I mean I have to share this. So I’m going to share this with y’all in this thread.
While we were driving we saw a really bad accident. Traffic backed up big time. As I drove by I saw three yellow tarps covering what I thought were bodies on the side of the road in 110 degree heat. Kelly didn’t think they were bodies until we saw a leg sticking out of one of them. The 2 cars in the collision were mangled terribly. 3 people never made it where they were going “safe and sound”. I’m sorry. But I’ve never seen dead people covered in tarps on the highway before. It’s just so surreal. I had to share this. I can’t stop thinking about it. I hope you don’t mind.
Oh God
I’m so grateful we made it home safe and sound.
:pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:
My prayers go out to the people’s loved ones that never made it home.
We take life for granted so often.
Be grateful for every breath.
:pray:t2::heart:
Sorry :cry:

13 Likes

Thank you for sharing this reminder. I’m sure that was upsetting to witness. I’m glad you and Kelly made it home safely. I’m also sorry for the people who didn’t make it home and fir their families. I’m grateful everyone I know who was traveling this weekend made it home safely.

7 Likes

Today I am grateful for my wife, who has been very understanding and supportive, while I try to claw my way out of the hole I find myself in.

I am grateful for my dog, who is very old. I am glad she is still alive to greet me with happiness when I wake up.

I am grateful that I managed to pay off my bills this month.

I am grateful that I have the freedom and opportunity, to take time off to learn new skills, without having to worry about daily survival.

I am grateful that I have 99 days AF and I have this forum where I can share my thoughts without fear and shame.

13 Likes

Here is a book suggestion @Sunflower1 - I am reading The Dutch House (fiction). I started it a year and a half ago and picked it back up in recent sobriety. Never read as much as I wanted while drinking so I guess that is another thing to be grateful for.

7 Likes

Today I am.grateful for a shorter work week for sure; for my son’s relationship with his grandparents as he is taking his girlfriend to meet them and swim in their pool- makes our lives richer w/ family like that; for 2 fans on the screen porch allowing me to sit outside in the super heat and be comfortable; for my mom’s healing and getting close to her being about to function normally again. Always grateful for TS and gratidudes! Make today grand!

12 Likes

I’m grateful to be alive with 543 days of sobriety. In a row :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I’m grateful we made it home safe and sound.
I’m grateful Minnie is sitting out on the deck like a Queen watching over her wooded domain. I let her out after breakfast and she doesn’t want to come back in. She looks so happy.
Benson? Right by my side as usual.
Life is good.
I’m grateful to God I don’t drink.
I’m grateful to God I no longer need my booze.
I’m grateful for my big beautiful house up in the mountains in the forest.
I’m grateful my wife is so much happier living here. Me? Not so much. But I’ll get over it.
I’m grateful for all Gods blessings. I got my share and then some.
I’m grateful I got so much gratitude. I feel a good cry coming on. It’s going to hit me while I’m walking on my trails with just the right song and it’s going to be a wonderful thing.
I’m grateful I survived my drinking and drugging ways when I was younger. A friend of my sister’s son who was 23 years old died of an over dose yesterday. I don’t know these people. But I do know addiction kills.
I’m grateful to have you all here to share my feelings whether it be gratitude or anything else that maybe bothering me. Love you guys.

I’m grateful to be alive today

12 Likes

Nice to see you here on the gratitude thread MC.
Congratulations on 99 one days at a time. :clap::clap:
:pray:t2::heart::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom:

3 Likes

Thanks Eric. I watched a Ted talk video which said that enumerating gratitude increases our happiness. It’s working for me :star_struck: It’s such a simple concept. I wonder why I didn’t try it before.

8 Likes

I’m grateful Daisy is back on my lap where she belongs in the morning. A little late. But better late than never. She’s happy to be home too.
:heart::pray:t2:

6 Likes

So true. So true.
I never miss a day.

I posted this awhile back. :point_down:

“Gratitude can have such a powerful impact on your life because it engages your brain in a virtuous cycle. Your brain only has so much power to focus its attention. It cannot easily focus on both positive and negative stimuli.”
Check it out if your interested.

6 Likes

It sounds like a good one from the synopsis! Thanks for the recommendation, I’m heading to the book store later today!

2 Likes

Good morning Family.

• I am grateful that I live beside the ocean.
  • I am grateful for the back 40 we have and the shade it provides the dogs and my family during this heat wave.
  • I am grateful for coffee, books and the ability to reprocess conversations and get more meaning from them a second and third time.
  • I am grateful that it’s Monday and that means I have a long week ahead of me full of amazing meetings with awsome shares.
  • I am grateful that I booked my second dose this morning.
  • I am grateful for Sarah @Clarity and her thread. She may think I am teasing her but my sponsor told me because I do have this deep inner loathing to borrow the kind words others use about me. I will be using hers. :heart:
  • I am grateful for this forum today it is always the gentle hand on my back as I walk through my days.

Make this your best Monday ever.
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

I’m grateful for Wimbledon. I’m grateful for vacuum bags that make packing super easy. I’m grateful for a surprise visit from my sister. I’m grateful for cake (even if I did eat too much today). I’m grateful for the calves I saw on my walk today.

9 Likes

Grateful for this

13 Likes

I’m grateful today wasn’t too stressful for a Monday. I’m grateful I get some time off coming up. I think I’m going to be doing a lot of the same as @anon74766472 and @Sunflower? Read, walk-yoga-bike, eat, relax, repeat - that’s my plan, anyway!

I’m grateful my books came, ordered from my fave little shop. Vacation reading. Sunflower - oops! I meant to send you some titles! I can’t find the book thread… I’m reading “Eating Dirt” by Charlotte Gill (the life of professional treeplanters, she has a great voice), and “The Company We Keep” by Francis Itani (fiction). Just started both - will let you know!

I’m grateful Eric shared his sadness, the news of the traffic accident and the overdose. Life really can change in a split second. I’m so grateful for my life, grateful I’m taking greater care with my life, that we all are.

I’m grateful for another day, but oh I’m grateful today is over - that I’ve called it over! Grateful to be going to sleep, sober, while the sun is still hanging out in the sky. :orange_heart:

12 Likes

I’m grateful to God thank-you for a clean and sober day. I’m grateful for my recovery. I’m grateful that my parents made it safely to see me and got home safe after our lovely two hour visit in the park. I’m grateful that I got to chat with one of the big bosses today regarding some of my housemates and that my feelings and opinions were valued. I’m grateful to go to bed clear headed and full and with no regrets that I didn’t live today to the fullest with getting to see family, friends some excersise, attended class, read recovery books prayed listened to music and watched hockey, busy, sober and alive.
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. Don’t forget my fellow grati-dudes you’re frickin awesome. Ya you!!

10 Likes

Havnt posted on here in a minute :hugs:

Today I am grateful for my new lil buddies visiting me because they incouraged me to finally haul a%& and clean and scrub my external with windows… They have been so dirty for so long and today after my buddies finished there bread snacks and left a naughty mess all over, I decided I’d put some elbow grease Into cleaning the windows and I can see clearly now out of them!! And my lil buddies now have a clean table to eat off the next time they visit :joy:

I’m grateful for my lil buddies coz they brightend my day and made me smile :heart:

After and before :pray:

15 Likes

I think this is the most recent book thread.

@Sunflower1
Just hope you’re grateful I butted in :crazy_face:

3 Likes