Daily Gratitude List #2 (Part 1)

I’m grateful for Wimbledon. I’m grateful for vacuum bags that make packing super easy. I’m grateful for a surprise visit from my sister. I’m grateful for cake (even if I did eat too much today). I’m grateful for the calves I saw on my walk today.

9 Likes

Grateful for this

13 Likes

I’m grateful today wasn’t too stressful for a Monday. I’m grateful I get some time off coming up. I think I’m going to be doing a lot of the same as @anon74766472 and @Sunflower? Read, walk-yoga-bike, eat, relax, repeat - that’s my plan, anyway!

I’m grateful my books came, ordered from my fave little shop. Vacation reading. Sunflower - oops! I meant to send you some titles! I can’t find the book thread… I’m reading “Eating Dirt” by Charlotte Gill (the life of professional treeplanters, she has a great voice), and “The Company We Keep” by Francis Itani (fiction). Just started both - will let you know!

I’m grateful Eric shared his sadness, the news of the traffic accident and the overdose. Life really can change in a split second. I’m so grateful for my life, grateful I’m taking greater care with my life, that we all are.

I’m grateful for another day, but oh I’m grateful today is over - that I’ve called it over! Grateful to be going to sleep, sober, while the sun is still hanging out in the sky. :orange_heart:

12 Likes

I’m grateful to God thank-you for a clean and sober day. I’m grateful for my recovery. I’m grateful that my parents made it safely to see me and got home safe after our lovely two hour visit in the park. I’m grateful that I got to chat with one of the big bosses today regarding some of my housemates and that my feelings and opinions were valued. I’m grateful to go to bed clear headed and full and with no regrets that I didn’t live today to the fullest with getting to see family, friends some excersise, attended class, read recovery books prayed listened to music and watched hockey, busy, sober and alive.
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. Don’t forget my fellow grati-dudes you’re frickin awesome. Ya you!!

10 Likes

Havnt posted on here in a minute :hugs:

Today I am grateful for my new lil buddies visiting me because they incouraged me to finally haul a%& and clean and scrub my external with windows… They have been so dirty for so long and today after my buddies finished there bread snacks and left a naughty mess all over, I decided I’d put some elbow grease Into cleaning the windows and I can see clearly now out of them!! And my lil buddies now have a clean table to eat off the next time they visit :joy:

I’m grateful for my lil buddies coz they brightend my day and made me smile :heart:

After and before :pray:

15 Likes

I think this is the most recent book thread.

@Sunflower1
Just hope you’re grateful I butted in :crazy_face:
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

I’m grateful today for a sober day with no hangover; a pretty good night of sleep; food in the fridge with a plan and energy to continue minimizing dining out; a little rain this morning to cool things off; birds, screen porch, coffee and fans; basketball goal that keeps my son moving and engaged throughout the day when there isn’t a lot else to do; a simpler life and mindset with a fraction of the stress I used to carry. Always grateful for TS and all of you!! Enjoy the day to the fullest.

9 Likes

Grateful for two years and for work tomorrow

11 Likes

I’m grateful to have logged in today. I can eat a bit more today. I was able to get to work.

10 Likes

Good morning all,
Today I’m grateful for a plan to get up in the mountains with both my kids and my mom. A hike, and a picnic in some much cooler weather sounds just amazing. I’m grateful I finally got brave and scheduled to have LASIK done on my eyes on Friday. I’m grateful I have a job that makes it possible to do this financially. I’m also very grateful for time off of this job! I’m grateful for the time we spent in the book store yesterday. I’m grateful the kids love reading too, and they made the sales clerk laugh when they said they didn’t need a bag- they were just gonna start reading in the car. Thanks @Dazercat for the link to the book thread- another one to add to the somewhat small collection that I check daily.
I’m grateful for the calm, and general feeling of love and friendship on this thread. I’m grateful for all of you guys. Like @I.cant.We.can said- you are frickin awesome!
Everyone have a wonderful day :heart:

13 Likes

I’m grateful to God I don’t drink.
I’m grateful to God I don’t depend on booze.
I’m grateful I got Benson on my lap.
I’m grateful to be home.
I’m grateful for my nice big shower and the soft water. Plenty of room to move around and sudsy.
I’m grateful for clear skies and clean air.
I’m grateful to be able to listen to the audio version of AA on my walks on the trails.
I’m grateful my dogs seem so happy to be home.
I’m grateful I get to drive my M3 again with the top down out in the country without sitting in a ton of traffic.
I’m grateful when someone reaches their year milestone. M :heart: :clap: And I’m very sad when people relapse. I’m grateful I feel like we are all in this together. When one of us succeeds we all succeed. When one of us fucks up we all feel the hurt and pain and we are all there to help get them back on track.
I’m grateful that there’s a shit ton of things to do around here and I even just got a jury notice. But I’ll handle it all. One thing at a time. One day at a time. I’m grateful I’m learning I can’t do everything all at once anymore. Ya, I use to be able to do everything all at once in a previous life :joy: :grimacing: Back when I was in control of everything :rofl::rofl::rofl:. NOT!

All right. What times the party and what thread does it start on? :balloon::tada::balloon::tada:

Be gentle with yourself, you are meeting parts of yourself you’ve been at war with. Don’t beat yourself up over situations you can’t control. Make peace with yourself and set yourself free from the past.
Grateful addicts in recovery ❤️‍🩹

15 Likes

Good morning friends.
I’m grateful to God please help me be better today than I was yesterday to to stay clean and sober.
I’m grateful for my recovery and that if I work it, life is pretty good. I’m grateful for my family, friends TS and the gratidudes. I’m grateful that I slept really good. I’m grateful to be on the porch with my coffee and laptop(cellphones dead) doing gratitude, daily prayers and readings. I’m grateful the birds are enjoying the fact that one of my housemates filled a feeder. I’m grateful when I do my gratitude on the porch I don’t need accompanying music. I’m grateful that it is game night and also my day to cook chicken and everything. I’m grateful for the shade because its already hot today. I’m grateful to be working through the steps again and doing my best to help my sponsees do the same. I’m grateful that I can come on here anytime and that I can afford enough data on my phone(when its charged that is) to connect where-ever I am. I’m grateful for humour and excersise. I’m grateful that @Sunflower1 mentioned me today and it got me on this thread nice and early. I’m grateful for @M-be-free49 and I hope your sober vacation coupled with a big milestone is everything you want it to be. I’m grateful for Trevor and Andy my close friends who are still suffering, keep coming back gentleman, I know you won’t read this but it isn’t for you.

God, grant me the serenity to ACCEPT the things I cannot change, COURAGE to change the things I can and WISDOM to know the difference. Amen

God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. One day at a time is enough, you can do this, I believe in you. Ya you!!

10 Likes

I’m grateful for 365 days of hangover-free morning walks with the dog girl, just like the one we came back from. :point_up_2:

I’m grateful for 365 days of sobriety, recovery, and building a foundation for a live well-lived, one day at a time.

I’m grateful that sobriety has made me capable of gratitude, of seeing all I have to be grateful for. Everyday miracles – birdsong, seeds that sprout. Opportunities and happenings I never thought were there or didn’t notice when they came along. People and pals near and far, now and before. Places dear to me. Coffee. Music and cooking. Quiet and baths. Jokes and humour. Tears too.

I’m grateful that gratitude has made me capable of being sober. I believe this. This practice is crucial to my sobriety. Everyday, it grounds me in all there is to live for. Even on what seems like the bleakest of days – my gratitude helps me see that my sober life is heaps better than anything that was ever poured in a glass.

I’m grateful for all the support to be sober and be grateful, for all you Gratidudes of course! I’ve missed some days on here, but please know if I’m taking a digital sanity break on a day of too many zoom meetings, I’m still grateful, I’m still here. The practice is deeply planted in me.

M and D? I think you know. And I think you’re proud. Couldn’t have done it without you. And I’ll never try to, ok? Let’s go do another day. Thank you for always being here for me. You have no idea… :pray:

Always grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

EDIT: trying to be grateful for a day of 5 hours of zoom meetings ahead of me, and I’m not quite feelin’ it, but hey - I’m a work in progress! :laughing:

21 Likes

Yay!!!
You’re so sweet, and low key.
But this is BIG!!!

:heart::sunflower::heart:

4 Likes

yay it’s official. welcome to the one year club dear one

3 Likes

There she is! Great morning to ya! And a huge congratulations on your one year milestone. We all know you are certainly worth it.
There should be enough cake here to get you through your 5 freaking hours :grimacing: of zoom calls. And you’ll do it sober. And you’ll still be sober long after those zoom call are over.
Lots of love my friend.

3 Likes

Congratulations Emm! I’m grateful that you’re part of this community, enjoy your special day.

3 Likes

So very happy for you!! Congratulations on your very hard fought year. It truly has been a pleasure watching you grow in sobriety. Thank you for all you do here, your support and kindness and sharing of your self. Truly inspiring!! Hope you have a superfantabulous sober year day!! :heart::heart:

5 Likes

I’m grateful @M-be-free49 made it here to be grateful about everyday things so that we could be grateful with her and share in her gratefulness and congratulate her on her soberversary.

Now that’s something to be grateful for!

Sincere CONGRATULATIONS on your successes!
:+1::ok_hand:
tenor (31)

6 Likes

I’m very grateful for @Its_me_Stella thank you for being an honest voice here. I know i am not alone when i say you are an integral part of TS, before i ever got here. BIG congratulations on 18 months Stella

4 Likes