Daily Gratitude List #2 (Part 1)

Some of the guys moved to a bigger apartment, bell pepper and chili are somehow reluctant to grow. Tried new seeds.

7 Likes

I am grateful that I am sober and not hungover. Enjoying coffee on an afternoon off. :coffee:

I am grateful that this weekend is started off better than last and that I have my 3 little sleeping cats nearby.

I am grateful to have shelter, food, water and electricity. :two_hearts:

8 Likes

hey buddy you’re doing great(my dime store diagnosis) I too have been using this thread as my checkin slash journalling slash gratituding spot… and im …wait for it …grateful …to be learning ever so slowly to not give a bleep about the shoulds regarding the check in thread and otherthings

4 Likes

Today I am grateful I just passed some urge without relapsing, and after passing it I realised I was just in some depressive mood, and once it passed (at least partially), the urge also passed.

I am grateful I am doing the current study I am in, and enjoying it, although it is putting me in some bad pressure (and thus bad mood in a sense).

I am grateful I have some great friends and family, although living away from them. I am grateful I am alive and healthy. I am grateful I have a nice desk on which I can study.

Turned out more of a journal than a gratitude list, but anyway, I am grateful I am in here :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I am grateful for prayer and my daily readings.

I am grateful for my family and their loving support and kindness.

I am grateful to be on a journey towards self-improvement rather than self-destruction. Progress not perfection. :two_hearts:

7 Likes

Today I am grateful:

For my higher power

For this coffee this morning

For the writing assignment I did yesterday although I’m still working on it but I have to say it was a good reminder of my insanity…

For a place to live even though I’m not working that’s one of the things I realized in my insanity is my rock bottom… I was listing down all the things I’ve lost and that feeling of hopelessness and giving up I’m grateful I’m not there and I’m still shocked that I have a nice place to stay food on my table clothes on my back a car friends family

For room 62 AA meeting it’s a hoot. I was thoroughly entertained people there weren’t taking it seriously and they weren’t messing around per se but they were just trying to show how not to take life so seriously and that recovery isnt always so serious

For Day 6 of my sobriety

To be alive, healthy (questionable), and I would say happy

8 Likes

Good morning!!

Today I am grateful:

For my higher power

To wake up in a really good mood for some reason

For feeling 100

for last night’s West Hollywood young people’s meeting although a friend pointed out that I’m no longer young T.T

For the coffee this morning

For my 10:00 appointment for iadarp intake

To have functioning limbs I don’t thank God enough for that

For one week of sobriety today

To be alive regardless of my situation

7 Likes

Today i am grateful:

For my Higher Power

To wake up even though I’ve been having hard time sleeping or having restful sleep

For my health

For today because I get to cook lunch for my sister

For 8 days sober and counting

For being able to attend pretty awesome meetings this past week

To have aching sore muscles this morning because it means I’m growing and actually staying fit

To be able to breathe in air

For my doggo Cody

7 Likes

Grateful today for feeling my feelings. Sometimes I hide from my feelings. Sometimes I think alcohol took me closer to being able to laugh and cry, to get through my reserves and repression. But today I felt lots of feels and that’s good. I’m very sad about my eldest growing up, going to college soon and how she’s distancing herself from the home, and how she doesn’t feel loved properly by my partner. Today I had a good text conversation with her about it all and I cried a lot. Later I totally cracked myself up while I was chatting making dinner. I feel so glad and grateful to feel I can feel fully alive in my truth without drinking.

8 Likes

I’m grateful to God I do not drink.
I’m grateful to God I do not depend on booze.
I’m grateful for the nice Sober Saturday evening I had with my wife.
I’m grateful I didn’t have to cook or clean up.
I’m grateful we watched a movie. The Chicago 7 nominated for best picture. It gets my nod. 4 down 4 to go. Then we watched a stand up comedian on Netflix.
I’m grateful for the sunshine.
I’m grateful for you all.
I’m grateful for my gratitude list yesterday and the responses I received.
I’m grateful to be on day 451 and the sunshine and a nice Saturday night to put me in a better mood.
I’m grateful I got a roofer coming out Monday to look at my roof. :grimacing:
I’m grateful my window cleaners are rescheduled for Tuesday after 2.
I’m grateful after pet chores in the morning when I’m sitting with my coffee that Minnie comes over to check on me before she jumps up on the couch to lie down.
:pray:t2::heart:

Take a step back today look at all the beautiful things you have

8 Likes

Grateful yeah,I cleaned my bathroom this morning. Always have to wait for the motivation. Then motivation, sun, moon and other things have to fall in place and theeeeeeennnnnn.

Grateful I had an okay talk with my mom on the condition of my grandmother. Her system shutting down. She didn’t put guilt on me which I am grateful for.

Grateful for the nice and relaxing day,biking, having coffee with a nice colleague at her beautiful house.

Grateful having the day off tomorrow. Last one. I could have got used to that.
Grateful being sober.

8 Likes

Today I am grateful…

…for the clean, wet, heavy snow that fell last night, and the early morning walk with the dog girl. Once we got past the main walk, our prints were first on the path - except for the deer tracks that crisscrossed here and there…

…that I’m getting better at setting boundaries (with not-so-close-friends, with work people, with work, etc) that are good and healthy for me, and that I don’t feel as bad I used to that I have “let others down”. Learning to do and be me, and set my boundaries with kindness, and let others do themselves.

…for the week I have ahead and the little projects I got started on yesterday.

…that I got my hair cut and highlighted (to welcome the greys!) last week. After 9 months! and a few failed attempts and rescheduled appointments.

…for fellow gratidudes and all of the support to be and stay sober, to work on my recovery.

…for another day. :orange_heart:

7 Likes

I’m grateful to God please help me be better today than I was yesterday. I’m grateful to God please help me stay clean and sober just for today. I’m grateful for my recovery. I’m grateful for my family, friends, TS and all you gratidudes. I’m grateful to be relaxing at home today. I’m grateful that there’s all kinds of sports to watch from the comfort of my couch. I’m grateful that even through some pretty serious back pain today I’m still trying to stay positive and not mask or ignore the pain. I’m grateful for music and laughter.
God bless you all. :v:&:heart:

p.s. You can get better, keep trying. Ya you!!

7 Likes

I am grateful to be sober I am grateful for the sunshine yesterday for my grandson 1st birthday party I’m grateful for my sponsor and my friends I’ve met through zoom AA meetings. I’m grateful for my decision to give up sugar but not until after Easter lol I’m grateful for all the podcasts I’m learning so much listening too

9 Likes

Good morning all,
Today I’m grateful for coffee and that the sun is coming up earlier these days. I’m grateful that I had a lazy day yesterday, even though I felt I SHOULD be cleaning or working out or whatever. I needed to rest and feel better for it. I’m grateful for TS and especially this thread.
Everyone have a great day :heart:

8 Likes

I’m grateful to God I don’t drink.
I’m grateful to God I don’t depend on booze.
I’m grateful for my coffee.
I’m grateful for warmer sunny days.
I’m grateful for my wife.
I’m grateful for my kids.
I’m grateful, because of my wife, I never have to do laundry or cat litter chores.
I’m grateful our house never smells like cat poop.
I’m grateful I’m getting my 3 1/2 mile walks in now that the weather is nicer.
I’m grateful I already got a roofer coming to look at my roof this morning :grimacing:
I’m grateful for where I live.
I’m grateful God is good.
I’m grateful for y’all
I’m grateful for my house and home.
:pray:t2::heart:

Drinking is predictable, sober is full of surprises

10 Likes

I’m grateful to God please help me be better today than I was yesterday and to stay clean and sober. I’m grateful for my recovery and the opportunities that I get to learn and grow. I’m grateful for my family and the nice video chat I had with my sister yesterday. I’m grateful for the twelve steps and the treatment centers.
God bless you all. :v:&:heart:

p.s. Don’t forget to breathe and smile. Ya you!!

8 Likes

I’m grateful that I found my gratitude list that I started about 17hrs ago! (And that I’m learning to roll-with-life a little better, and keep myself grounded at the same time.)
I’m gonna save it and see what I can add to it after I get some sleep!
Spoiler alert: I’m grateful for all you gratidudes. :wink: :orange_heart:

7 Likes

la la la la la i can’t hear you!! :hear_no_evil: :joy:

we have the same inner voice. grateful we’re learning to ignore it! :orange_heart:

4 Likes

Morning everyone,
I’m grateful for the track by my house that I take my dog for his morning walk on. In the countryside, quiet. It’s a great start to my day.
Also for the ‘Fabulous’ app that gets me motivated.
I’m happy I decided to hand in my notice, even tho I have no job to go to…
My first gratitude list :grinning:
Have a great day x

10 Likes