Daily Gratitude List

Grateful to be sober
To have sucked it up and gone to a therapist
To be saving money
To have parents who are alive and care (I’m 44…parents are getting old)
My kids

9 Likes

I’m grateful to God please help me stay clean and sober just for today.
I’m grateful for my recovery day 388
up and at it early since that’s the routine at Wayside.
I’m grateful for my family, friends and TS.
I’m grateful for a fun time watching the Superbowl last night.
I’m grateful for the opportunity to grow and use the tools I’m learning this past 15 months.
I’m grateful for music.
I’m grateful to God.
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:
P.s. you are incredible. Ya you.

8 Likes

I know some people don’t like it but this is by far the most helpful book I’ve read since I became sober! I got the audiobook like you.

Today I’m grateful for…

1. Another nice, hangover free morning with my morning routine and workout getting me going.

2. The community here on TS and how supportive and willing to help everyone is

3. The second chance at life I’ve found since I quit drinking.

4. The newfound ability to enjoy the little things in life and not needing a mind altering substance to find this enjoyment.

8 Likes

Today I’m grateful for:

1. Mistakes (or perceived mistakes/regrets) and that I can learn from them, including learning to release feelings of shame that seem to just come with the territory for me. Maybe someday I won’t jump right to feeling shame, but for now I can recognize the feeling, get curious about it and work on letting it go.
  2. Really good hand cream! It’s sooooo dry right now and my poor hands and cuticles are suffering, but I’ve got a few remedies that help!
  3. Monday mornings when my husband decides to stay in bed an extra half an hour and we just hang out and chat and stay warm under the covers just a little while longer. And Lupe is never in a hurry to get up, either!!

Grateful for my TS amigos and gratitude DUDES, or “grati-dudes”, every day. :heartpulse:

Edit to add this comic from one of my favorite comic artists, that showed up so I could laugh at myself and feel self compassion, too!

7 Likes

Grateful I got a good long window visit with my Dad yesterday - and that my sister and mom were able to come.
Grateful for sunrise and coffee.
Grateful I can come on here and read this thread and feel uplifted.
I’m grateful the doctor said Dads surgery has a 98% survival rate- still scares the shit outta me but I’m gonna hold on to that and put good thoughts and prayers out.
I’m grateful I’m sober.
Everyone have a great day❤️

7 Likes

I’m grateful I do not drink!
I’m grateful I don’t depend on booze.
I’m grateful I don’t depend on booze for a job well done. As a reward.
I’m grateful I watched my second super bowl sober.
I grateful I don’t feel like a crispy burnt death this morning as I use to feel after the super bowl.
I’m grateful I don’t have to clean up all the bar and nasty cocktail mess from yesterday’s game.
I’m grateful I don’t worry about how much ice I have in the house.
I’m grateful Daisy is sitting on my lap like a squishy little heater with her purring motor.
Grateful I got up too early for my chiropractor appointment this morning. It gives me extra quiet time.
I’m grateful for my family.
I’m grateful for my family of pets.
I’m grateful for all the traveling I’ve done in my life. And all the pictures I have to remember the great times.
I’m grateful for the support and encouragement and especially the unexpected little compliments from everyone at TS.

I am grateful for the people who fill my life with love, smiles, and support.
That’s y’all :point_up_2:

:pray:t2::heart:

8 Likes

I’m grateful for the extra minutes of light on each side of the day. It may be cold outside! but I do love my seasons, and the changing of seasons.

I’m grateful I felt that pang of “aw, man? Monday?” after a beauty, cold snap, sober weekend - only because it reinforces just how much I love my sober life, and also how amazing it is to wake up without a hangover on a Monday morning.

Today I’m grateful for a new week, another chance to practice work/life balance!, and kindness to my coworkers and to myself too.

I’m grateful I have opportunities to do other things I love, to pursue my interests too, right here in my home during a global pandemic.

I’m grateful I can treat my little putt-putt to a new car battery this week.

M and D? Not a day goes by, not even one.

I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

8 Likes

I missed my gratitudes last night: So thankful the day started and ended well, even if the middle sucked.
Grateful to have had a full night of sleep (Thank you Sloth spirit animal).
Grateful for Pegasus and Vi, leading me through another day reaching my goals.

Grateful for you all, for being sober, and for waking up healthier and more focused.

Peace and love to ya’all♥️

8 Likes

I’m grateful that I am sober and not hungover, feeling sick to my stomach… unable to keep anything down from poisoning myself with booze.

I am grateful that I had lunch with my sister today eventhough she ended up drinking a little. Wasn’t tempted because I am done with that shit and the misery it brings.

I am grateful to be able to catch up on some sleep and rest. Netflix and cat cuddles it is. :cat::heart:

7 Likes

I’m grateful to God thank you for helping give me the strength to get through another day clean and sober.
I’m grateful for my recovery.
I’m grateful for my health.
I’m grateful for Wayside.
I’m grateful it’s bed time and I’m full, warm and pretty content.
God bless you all. :v:& :heart:

P.s You make me smile. Ya you!!

7 Likes

I’m grateful for another day.
I’m thankful for a place to call home.
I’m thankful for yoga.
I’m thankful for the cues that mother nature gives me.
I’m so grateful for another opportunity at recovery.
I’m incredibly grateful for my sponsor.
I’m thankful that I am learning where to draw boundaries.
I’m grateful for @I.cant.We.can. Brian your gratitude is excellent to share in.

8 Likes

Me toooooo. Amen to that. :pray: :orange_heart:

4 Likes

Thanks Mitch!! I am happy to share my gratitude. I’m grateful for your participation on here as well as your daily check in’s
I’m grateful for the grati-dudes :muscle::muscle:

5 Likes

I am grateful for the roof over my head, the clothes on my back, my job, my boyfriend of nearly two years, my family, and my kitties.

8 Likes

I’m grateful to see this post. I’m grateful that some of those little gems I’ve heard in AA have stuck with me. Today, in its way, is the best day ever. It’s the only day I have to take action.

8 Likes

I am grateful I fought through the urge yesterday because today I have another alcohol-free day under my belt. I am grateful for my clear mind and positive outlook! I am grateful my mom called me right when I was struggling on my way home from work. She never calls me at that time of day. I’m grateful the universe is working with me in my sobriety. I am grateful for YOU!

9 Likes

I’m grateful I slept pretty good last night.
I’m grateful I went after work to window visit my Dad.
I’m grateful his surgery is scheduled for 8:30 so he doesn’t have to spend anymore time worrying.
I’m grateful for family, and love.
Everyone have a great day❤️

10 Likes

Prayers for your Dad! :pray:

3 Likes

Thank you @Mbwoman

2 Likes

I am grateful for waking up to another day from a sober evening.
I am grateful for coming home to a clean kitchen and teenage boys who help out
I am grateful we are almost done with 8 years of home remodel. It makes me appreciate how much partners can get through together when things don’t line up right.
I am grateful for the amazing good luck I have had throughout my life.
I am grateful that I can look at my past and let go and forgive so I can move on.

I am grateful that each and every time I post on this thread I have a deep sense of relief and rightness. Its a inner peace that settles and centers me.

Peace and love to you all♥️

9 Likes