Daily Gratitude List

I am grateful to be sober and winning the battle today. One day at a time is the only way.

I am grateful for God.

I am grateful I had a nice day with my sister. :two_hearts:

12 Likes

Today I’m grateful for my Texan friend who I met through a quit smoking forum over 5 years ago and with whom I travelled the USA in the years after. From The Mexican border to the Canadian with a whole lot in between, fulfilling a boyhood dream to see the wide open spaces of the American west and damned wide open they are. I wouldn’t have done it alone. And I gained a friend for life I know. Even though she talks a bit much at times. A year ago I would have flown over there for a fifth time but covid put a stop to that. I’m sure we’ll meet again though. We’ve both been vaccinated so that should help. Grateful for that too.

12 Likes

Ah, Friday afternoon gratitude after missing yesterday’s gratitude post! (Be warned: gratitude cargo over here!)

I’m grateful I made it through this week. With my head held up. Sober. No shame.

I’m grateful for the dog girl who is giving me an extended dirty look which will soon turn to outright whining - we are not sticking to dog-walk-o’clock! But I’m grateful that it’s warmed up a bunch and we can out now and just exhale, transition to the weekend.

I’m grateful my new specs came in and I could pick them up and for how quickly I get used to the stronger progressive lenses. :nerd_face: :smile:

I’m grateful for this billionth chance, it feels like, to live better - to feel more like myself, living life more like I pictured I would or could.

I’m grateful for all of the support I get on this thread and this forum to be and stay sober.

M and D? For not making mountains out of molehills.

I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

11 Likes

Hello all,
I’m grateful that you all are here and sober- sounds like some of you had some trying times , but made it through.
I’m grateful that we will watch a comedy movie as a family tonight with junk food.
I’m grateful for sunshine and flowers because they make me happy.
Happy Friday, everyone enjoy it❤️

10 Likes

I’m grateful for your writing, Emm. It always cheers me up. You have such a beautiful way with words. You should be a writer of some description, if you aren’t already.
I’m grateful to be sober on a Saturday morning.
Grateful for my lie in.
Grateful that when my youngest left the fridge open overnight whilst getting water, that he doesn’t appear to have done too much damage.
Grateful that the fridge doctor is available to come and look at said fridge this morning.
Grateful for the fact that this time my sobriety has come with a change in mindset, rather than a tight grip and gritted teeth.
Just grateful.
Have a lovely Saturday, all.

11 Likes

I’m grateful to God thank you for another day clean and serene.
God bless you all. :v:&:heart:

P.s. you are kind. Ya you!!

11 Likes

I like that one a lot!

Tonight I am grateful for
Another sober week and another sober Friday night
The first professional haircut I got this evening since last February. I had been cutting my own hair since covid :crazy_face:
My upcoming vacation and I will be visiting my parents. Totally looking forward to that.
So much more, but it’s turning midnight here and I’m sleepy.
Sweet dreams everyone.
:sleeping:

Bye for now…

12 Likes

I am grateful to be sober and waking up on my day off hangover free.

I am grateful for music and for the new playlist that I made which should carry me through my 6 miles of exercise this morning. :athletic_shoe::notes::notes::muscle:

I am grateful for my two new houseplants and for the sun that is shining through the windows. :sunny: :two_hearts:

10 Likes

Today I’m grateful for my seven week old daughter, my two year old daughter, my wife and all my achievements so hard won. Worth remembering and fighting for them everyday.

10 Likes

That’s wonderful! You are a lucky man; enjoy them!

2 Likes

Today I am grateful for life. I am grateful for all of you willing to share your stories, successes, failures and journey. I am grateful for my beautiful family. I am grateful and blessed beyond belief. Happy Saturday everyone!

11 Likes

I’m grateful to God I don’t drink anymore
I’m grateful to God I don’t depend on liquor beer or wine.
I’m grateful for the strength God gives me to be sober.
I’m grateful we got vaccine appointments for Monday.
I’m grateful for such a great day yesterday.
I’m grateful I’m still learning that I shouldn’t reward myself by ingesting things. It was a great day yesterday until I rewarded myself with a butterscotch milkshake after the delicious burger and tots at Momas drive thru. (I’m still under goal weight after a week of being laid up I thought I’d treat myself) Then like drinking, I felt like crap the rest of the afternoon and I feel like crap thinking about it this morning. It’s better than a booze reward. I don’t do it that often anymore but at least I realize it and maybe it’ll be awhile before I do it again.
I’m grateful for apple wood smoked bacon. Got some in the oven right now to go with the Finnish pancakes and blueberries I’m making for brunch.
I’m grateful for warmer weather.
I’m grateful I got in 2 walks yesterday.
Grateful for all you Gratidudes. Ya y’all :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
:pray:t2::heart:
Happy are those who know it’s the little things that mean the most

11 Likes

I’m grateful to be alive and mostly sane.
I’m thankful for the sunshine, coffee, and hearty breakfasts.
I’m grateful that I am not selfishly planning ways to act out. Which leaves me plenty of time to do things that restore me. Like xc skiing with the family this morning.
I’m thankful for my ability to read, comprehend, and communicate.
I’m grateful for all the wonderful shares on my meeting this morning.
I’m thankful that I for over myself and called my sponsor last night. It freed me from ruining a perfectly acceptable day.
I’m grateful for a dog that is happy to follow me wherever I go.
I’m thankful that we share our gratitude here.

:yellow_heart::v:

11 Likes

I’m thankful for clean water, indoor plumbing, a warm bed, food in my belly, love in my heart, and Stevie Nicks.

9 Likes

Today I am grateful! SO SO SO freaking grateful:

• For sunny, sober Saturdays!
  • For what my husband and I call “Chucho lessons.” Loving and losing a furry family member in early sobriety is quite the experience, and he honestly has a lot to do with why I am here at 6 months sober. That big, polar bear rascal of a dog, I miss him every damn day. So lucky to have had him in my life.
  • For Talking Sober and my TS amigos. This place and the relationships I have built here have helped me make a change in my life that is responsible for me being alive and well. I can’t say it enough…I am grateful for you. Yes, I’m going to steal Brian’s line here, @I.cant.We.can, I’m grateful for you, YA YOU! You reading this here post. You matter and thank you for being here and caring.

Much love, amigos. :heartpulse:

12 Likes

Oh, I echo Rosa. And Brian. I am so grateful for all of you. Ya you! I was around here less this week, and damn - did I miss my crowd! The support and companionship on this journey are immeasurably valuable to me. :pray:

I’m grateful for @Singtone’s kind words on my words. My fingertips are beaming huge smiles as they flit across the keys!

I’m grateful for both the lighthearted humour and the important discussions we have on this forum. For this space that can hold both.

I’m grateful for new paths and directions, options and opportunities. I’m grateful that I can explore these.

When I tuck in tonight, I will be grateful for the state of my floor – evidence of the good day I will have had today. A few crumpled up pieces of paper near my desk as I play with words and my writing assignments, crusty patches of dried gunk tracked in by the dog girl after our good long walk on the snowy slushy trails (despite my attempts to wipe off her paws – this stuff gets into her “undercarriage”!), and veggie shrapnel (need a new carrot peeler!) from the yummy soup I make - maybe some dog drool if I throw some chicken into the pot. I am a lucky girl.

M and D? For every day there was.

I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

11 Likes

Good afternoon everyone! A late start for me seems to be my new normal and that’s ok. I am still doing what needs to be done and feel good for it. I’m greatful to God may he continue to guide me as best he can since when I do the guiding shit gets weird. I’m grateful for my recovery and that it’s brought me to where I am, which today means going to cook pizza and chair an NA meeting at the treatment center. I greatful that I feel physically better today as well as feeling appreciated. Thank you to @RosaCanDo and @M-be-free49 and @Dazercat I appreciate all of you and everyone that shares here. I’m grateful to be invited to go watch UFC tonight and NBA allstar tomorrow and to do it all sober. I’m grateful for my family and the phone calls I had with my Mom and Sister the last few days. I’m grateful for my housemates and the challenges we cause for eachother, maybe not in the moment but it’s a chance to use the tools we learn in recovery. I’m grateful to God please help me stay clean and sober just for today.
God bless you all. :v:&:heart:

P.s. let me tell you that you are truly inspiring, keep it up, I believe in you. Ya you!!

13 Likes

Good evening all,
Today… I’ll be honest I’m struggling today… almost didn’t take part today, but you know what that’s life. I’m grateful that I can feel these feeling and know they will pass. I’m grateful that even though whatever I’m feeling is uncomfortable, I don’t want to drink it away.
I’m grateful for the time hanging out with my kids and nephews after work today, and having good conversation with my kids at dinner tonite. I’m grateful to go to bed soon and get some rest and recharge for tomorrow. Everyone have a wonderful evening :heart:

11 Likes

I’m grateful you came to share gratitude even when you are having a rough go at things. Sending you strength and love. :heartpulse:

7 Likes

Been meaning to join in here for a while. Just surfacing after a couple of days sickness, seems like a good a time as any!

Grateful to my partner and my mum who stepped up to watch the puppy so I could stay in bed.

Grateful to have been able to take all the time I needed to recover and sleeeeep.

Grateful for the sunshine and the breeze and the sounds of people enjoying it out of my window when I woke up.

Grateful to be up and about again today, although I suspect it will be a mainly sitting down day. I have graduated from a bed person to a chair person :rofl: Grateful to have a nice comfy chair to sit in!

12 Likes