Daily Gratitude List

Grateful for being sober.
Grateful that sobriety gives me the inner space to learn. Baby steps.
Grateful for all the great people looking in the same direction.
Grateful digitalisation made many things easier. And worse and complex. No good or bad. Just consequences.

Grateful what yoga brought into my life.

11 Likes

Today I am grateful for;

Life.

I am alive, I am healthy, I have a great family & friends.

13 Likes

Today I’m grateful to be still alive , to have a beautiful family with me , to have a lot of friends helping to keep me sober .
I’m also grateful to find this place and this post to share our positive feelings.
Thanks u all

15 Likes

I am grateful to be sober and to be waking up without a hangover. My mind is clear and I am ready to take on the day with minimal anxiety.

I am grateful to no longer be waking up with a blotchy red puffy face from slamming beers all night.

I am grateful for a better nighttime hygein routine. Washing face, flossing, brushing teeth, etc. When i was hammered I’d just pass out. That’s in the past now thankfully. :two_hearts:

In other words, sobriety makes me wanna floss :grin:
LW3F52LZisNQ7UFJbV

13 Likes

Happy sober Sunday! It’s going to be a beautiful one here today.

I’m grateful for:

• the outpouring of love I got from my TS tribe yesterday on my 180 days/6 months sober! My heart filled to bursting. My commitment to sobriety is healthy and strong and bolstered by so much wonderful support from my amigos here!
  • my husband, who is able to drink alcohol moderately but has been very supportive to my journey. He is taking a break from drinking and he grilled out last night for the first time without a beer in hand! I’m grateful he is open to new experiences and that HE is grateful and expressed it to me. Life at home with my hubby is so good right now.
  • my little Miss Lupe dog, who is coming into her own since her brother passed, and surprising me every day. She’s such a ham! We’re making plans to take this kiddo backpacking/camping this summer and it will be such an adventure. Sober life is full of possibilities!

Grateful to see new amigos here sharing gratitude this morning! :heartpulse:

13 Likes

Good morning all!
Feeling much better today ( for which I am really grateful)!
I’m grateful for sunshine and warm weather.
I’m grateful I will go to visit my parents shortly, and help them repair a fence that broke.
I’m grateful that I slept long and hard.
I hope you all have a wonderful day❤️

10 Likes

I’m grateful to God that I don’t drink.
I’m grateful to God I don’t depend on booze.
I’m grateful to God for a new day.
I’m grateful for my coffee.
I’m grateful I went out side with Minnie this am briefly with my coffee in the cold and just stood there and watched all the birds in the trees.
I’m grateful Daisy is still on my lap keeping me warm and her little motor is running.
I’m grateful for how Minnie always comes over to check on me in the morning when I sit down with my coffee in my chair. And then she gets up on the couch.
I’m grateful we are already thinking about our Cali trip after we get our vaccines.
Even though I’m a bit nervous about getting this vaccine tomorrow for some reason which I don’t understand. I don’t plan on drinking about it. It’s just been such a weird year. And I’m fucking sober. We’ve been in this house and haven’t left town or gone anywhere for a year now. It’s just not how we’ve ever lived. We use to travel so much for good reasons and difficult reasons the bartender at the airport knew our names and started the double bloody Mary’s when she saw me coming. :scream:
I’m grateful I’ve learned that I don’t have to think or worry about being sober when I start traveling again. Because I just have to be sober today.
I’m grateful today is the only day I have to be sober.
I’m grateful for all the wonderful people here on TS. I think Rosa or M or someone was saying it is quite a unique friendship and bond we all have on this journey. Not to mention all the support. It’s pretty cool. And yes the thankful gratefulness of crying is very contagious and so healing.
Love you guys.
Ya that’s right.
No emoji.
I love you guys and y’all are always in my prayers.

“There is a calmness to a life lived in gratitude, a quiet joy.” – Ralph H. Blum

12 Likes

Welcome back, @Alfa07! Grateful to see you here.

I’m grateful for another day to strive to follow the guidance of the Universe.
I’m thankful for zoom Sunday School. My son is currently jamming out while the Pastor plays his guitar.
I’m grateful for the experience, strength, and hope I get to see here everyday.
I’m thankful for practice of patience that grows as my son shows me daily not to sweat the small stuff.
I’m grateful that I have a roof over my head and plenty of wood to keep the woodstove burning.
I’m thankful for a the breath in my lungs and the health I enjoy.
I’m blessed to share this practice with all of you, be well today!

11 Likes

I’m grateful for another weekend day ahead of me - a whole day! Delicious.

I’m grateful for the day of rest I took yesterday. That I gave in to my needs and it didn’t feel like giving up, just allowing for it. For the gentle walks with the dog girl who seemed to respond to my needs with “hey, let’s nap again!”.

I’m grateful for books and stories - mostly real life stories but imaginary ones too.

I’m grateful I may be in the queue to get the vaccine a whole lot faster than I thought I would be. We’ll see.

I am so grateful to be sober, for this place that companions and supports me to be and stay sober, and for all the fellow travelers on this journey. I think it was @Mno who posted somewhere yesterday - sobriety is about so much more than sobriety. Am just scratching the surface of that, and see the depth of truth there. Grateful to share the laughs and woes and tears of all kinds that accompany.

M and D? The more I express my gratitude for you, it’s not that I miss you less - but I miss you different. Something about us all is kept alive in me, not by clinging, but just by being. Grateful. :pray:

I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

13 Likes

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
One like wasn’t enough.
:pray:t2::heart::rofl:

2 Likes

I know, right!?! And here I am out of likes :scream: that was brilliant @Peace

5 Likes

I’m grateful to God please help me stay clean and sober just for today.
I’m grateful to God please help me be better today than I was yesterday.
I’m grateful that I slept well and am ready for the day.
I’m grateful that I thought about my gratitude as soon as I woke even though I’m posting it hours later.
I’m grateful for the walk I had alone with my music its nice and sunny and makes me feel alive. Seeing all the people at the park with there pets laughing and running around made me smile.
I’m grateful to go watch some sports with my friends tonight.
I’m grateful that i dont have to cook dinner.
I’m grateful for TS and the grati-dudes
God bless you all. :v:& :heart:

p.s. you are love. ya you!!

12 Likes

Today I’m grateful to my old mate JP’s mum who died earlier on Sunday. Thankful for the warm-hearted welcome she gave me in her house some 40 years ago when she herself was going through the endgame of a disastrous marriage with an alcoholic abusive husband but still found the time to keep a home for her kids and their friends. Grateful for the hospitality I received with her family in her native Aruba in 1986. Grateful to have known this gentle loving soul who was a great storyteller and a great lady even if her posture was diminutive. Rest in peace Olga. Strength to JP Ivan and Ika.

14 Likes

I am grateful that :

• I am alive
  • I am more aware of how addictions may destroy my life
  • I finally took the decision to start the long fight
  • I found such a supportive community over here
15 Likes

Welcome! Glad you could join us! Read around and reach out. The lights are always on and someone always seems to be up. (The coffee could be yesterday’s though, depending what time zone you’re in. :wink:)

Seriously - well done with your decision. A long fight, maybe, but not if you break it down one day at a time - sometimes by the hour or moment by moment too. :orange_heart:

9 Likes

Welcome

Have a good read around here. This place has been a great place for me to get support in my sobriety. Addiction is too tough to go it alone. We are stronger in numbers. And we are all worth it.

:pray:t2::heart:

Here are two good threads to start:

5 Likes

Grateful I slept really good. Mark on calendar :grinning:
Grateful I am sober.
Grateful my ankle isn’t so bad after all. Running won’t be possible in the next weeks but anyway, it hopefully is spring and bike season.
Grateful I called my younger grandma and stayed calm. Dementia is getting worse. Speaking time doubles. But she recognises me. :sunflower:
Grateful Monday still free.
Grateful for you all here as I lost my recovery connection here in town and don’t know what to do after.
Grateful for waking up another day.

12 Likes

Hello out there, wherever you are!
Tonight I am grateful for
Waking up sober to a great sunny and warm Sunday.
The trails I hiked and the good vibes nature gives for free.
My parents getting their 2nd covid shot and my upcoming vacation time when I will see them again.
The old friends I talked with yesterday. Felt so nice to reconnect. I let my drinking steal so much from me. I am taking as much as I can back! FRO alcohol.
As always, grateful for you all.

Bye for now…

13 Likes

Grateful to be alive and sober.

14 Likes

Good morning all,
Today I’m grateful I don’t drink, and haven’t for 6 months.
Grateful that even though I didn’t sleep much last night, I am still way better off this morning than i would be with a hangover.
I’m grateful for an extra cup of coffee!
I’m grateful the kids are excited for school today.
I’m grateful that I have kind and thoughtful kids.
Everyone have a wonderful day❤️

13 Likes