Moving at my own speed today
Curling up on the couch with Boscoe
Hubby, at times
Meals planned for the week
Comfy pillows
This forum and everyone sharing their journies

Peace, light, and love to you all

17 Likes

That’s great news Karen. I can’t really imagine trying to function with migraines :tired_face: so oc I am grateful you got some relief. I am grateful I went to the yoga studio for practice. I’m grateful for Derek and his guidance today. Sound bath. Wow powerful never before experienced. Grateful it was my third meditation today. Grateful to be heavily meditated. Grateful when my rehab friend called me crying because she was kicked to the curb and has nowhere to go that I have the sense to set firm boundaries. I told her I would pray for her. Grateful for my mentor. He checked in yesterday so I gratefully know he is right fit for me. I am grateful for a perfect day in this imperfect world. Grateful I’ll be joining my family for dinner even if I do have to bring my vegan fare with. Grateful I will be with Blake and Madison in just a few days. Grateful for the blessings all around me. Y’all be safe and enjoy the day. Namaste :pray:t3:

God guru and Self are One

15 Likes

Go get it done!!

5 Likes

Quick evening gratitude. I had a really nice visit and dinner with my sister brother-in-law and Mom. I am so grateful for the love and affection we share. Art hugs me now,he never used to do that and I am sure it was something vibrational eminating from my sick spirit. Very grateful I stabbed that beast and kicked him out of my house. I feel joyful.
@Dazercat grateful you can be a lazy bum

"I’m grateful for remote temperature controls, I can turn the heat back down while in bed without getting out of bed. Lazy bum :face_with_hand_over_mouth: "

Grateful for my sobriety. Mmhmmm! Namaste :pray:t3:

14 Likes

I’m grateful for today. Perfect combo of rest and chores, quiet and conversing, being and doing. Yesterday was weird; it probably would have been a bad day in the before time, but I’m learning all about surrender - yay! In the end there were some good good things about the day that I’d have missed if I was still trying to make life fit what I think it should be. Here and there, a few more snowflakes o’ awareness fall…

I’m grateful for the wintery weather today. Blustery. Snow blowing all around and tree tops swaying. Suits the season. Grateful I feel more content this year with “what is” - could be the most content I’ve been in the last decade or so. Don’t get me wrong - “what is” is hardly a picture perfect postcard, (and I have an overemotional ass too, @erntedank), but methinks I gotta practice a little bit more of that surrender here too… Not always easy, but beats pouring wine all over my feelings…

Grateful for Mother Nature too, @Bluekoolaid. For Creator and creation. I’m grateful @Bootz put to words “taking the common good of each faith tradition, and seeking only to improve alignment with the Spirit.” I hope to take Mom to Christmas Eve service. And meditate with my Sangha on Christmas Day. I’m grateful for these opportunities, and to live in a country where I am free to practice and follow them. I’m grateful for what their place in my recovery.

Grateful I resisted the Sunday night urge to check work emails. Gets my mind going in the opposite direction it should be. They’ll still be there tomorrow morning! And I’m grateful that I’ll wake up grateful that I went to be sober.

I’m grateful for all of you.

I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

16 Likes

Grateful to see delightful pics of baby Norma!
And not sure I’ve ever classed anywhere up, but I’ll take it :wink: :orange_heart:

Edit: And, I’m daft. Beyond gullible. It is a hotel lobby, right? If not, I’d be grateful to know you’ve taken a course on ladder safety!

9 Likes

It’s my Ballroom.
Just ask @erntedank :crazy_face::christmas_tree:

6 Likes

hello something lost in ingratitude and the postponement of doing the things that do me good. Today I am grateful for being alive, for breathing, really being able to do it and fill my lungs with air, oxygenate my stubborn head, today I am grateful because I have health, a roof and a plate of food on my table. Today I am grateful for the love of my family. Today I am thankful for feeling good being me, just for today. Today I am grateful for getting angry in less proportion with decisions that I cannot control in my work, for understanding that I saw the light by not getting hooked even though my head wants to resent it. today I am grateful that I get less angry and do not neurotically compel with anger, today I am grateful for helping my cousin with a job proposal. Today I am grateful for the music that I listened to and it made me happy. today I am grateful for having dinner with dad, for giving my dad a kiss when he said goodbye. Today I am thankful for taking time for this gratitude list. Today I am grateful for giving time to my recovery. just for today i don’t need to consume goodnight

12 Likes

Good morning gratitude.

Today I’m grateful I drove to my mum’s house yesterday. Everything was ok, I did what I had to do, I was grateful that everything was ok: the heating was working, nobody burgled the house, the cellar was not flooded … imagination running wild is a bad bad thing and causes me needless stress and panic. I’m so grateful I moved my overemotional ass and found out that there was nothing to worry and that I can handle the situation feeling ok :pray: Babysteps …

I’m grateful I made yummi noodles yesterday. There are leftovers for today.

I’m grateful for my purring, tamping cats on me. I love them so much.

I’m grateful I texted my husband yesterday and received an answer this morning. We have to talk about a lot of things and he texted me he will call today. Let’s see. I’m nervous about it because I still hold deep resentments against him. I don’t want to let them interfere with a constructive way of talking. I get upset very quickly and this behaviour will not help to better the situation. Again: imagination running wild.

I’m grateful for beach videos on youtube. They bring a feeling of vacation into the living room and calm me.

I’m grateful for no nightmares today. Dreaming of grooming the cats is nice.

I’m grateful for the safe and cozy feeling my bed gives me. Falling asleep relaxed is such a gift. It feels like all the stress and overburdening of the past years somehow magically left my body. I suppose this magic happens due to work and therapy I put in for half a year now. I’m grateful that life goes on :pray:

11 Likes

Grateful to be waking up on day 11.
Grateful I didn’t drink yesterday.
Grateful cravings were minimal over the weekend.
Grateful sleep wasn’t too restless.
Grateful for a job where I feel appreciated.
Always grateful for my cats.
Grateful for coffee and quiet mornings.

14 Likes

I’m grateful for 434 days of sobriety.
I’m grateful that my sobriety has become about so much more then just not drinking.
I’m grateful for small changes.
I’m grateful I live in a sunny place. I’ve always loved the snow, the winter. But as someone who is greatly affected by my surroundings, it’s nice to have the sun and warmth this time of year. I’m grateful I can still feel it’s a different season.
I’m grateful for candles, Christmas trees, lights. The warmth they give me. I’m grateful I can create that warm and cozy feeling when I’m needing a little extra.
I’m grateful for my coworkers who make me laugh and feel special.
I’m grateful I’m getting over my cold.
I’m grateful I’m finally off today, surrounded in bed by books and my journal.
I’m grateful for doggie walks.
I’m grateful I belong. I’m grateful that knowing that I do - starts with me. I’m grateful that I look outside of myself for that feeling less and less as time passes.
I’m grateful I’m sensitive and I allow myself to feel.
I’m grateful for chirpy birds and hot coffee.
I’m grateful for the gifts I’ve been given in life, that I can slow down and see them these days.
I’m grateful for today :heart:

16 Likes

Good morning sober fam,

Im so very greatful for…

My sobriety, 218 days free from weed and alcohol
Boscoe and all his cuteness
Hubby, sometimes
Coffee
No hangovers
A new week to succeed
Texting
Self awareness
This forum and everyones contributions

Sending light and love to you all

11 Likes
  1. I’m grateful this mornings ear worm was It’s Good To Be King, by one of my favorites, Tom Petty :pray:t2:…….if just for awhile……… I haven’t heard that song :notes: in :thinking:…….forever!
  2. I’m grateful to be among the Ponderosa Pines again.
  3. I’m grateful we made it home safe after a rainy, treacherous, foggy, low visibility drive for more than 2 hours.
  4. I’m grateful Daisy and I had a great time together in the car. Until we got home and I caught her tail in the pantry door :scream_cat::scream_cat::scream_cat: I still feel horrible. That blood curdling cat scream still lives in my mind.
  5. I’m grateful I think she’s forgiven me and that she is ok.
  6. I’m grateful I handled it calmly unlike a certain other person who was raging about it all in an alcoholic state.
  7. I’m grateful I didn’t take the addicts bait and engage.
  8. I’m grateful I’m trying to let go of the whole thing today. I know my addict won’t remember. Must be nice.
  9. I’m grateful I’ll still choose sobriety and hopefully let go of what happened last night, sooner than I use to. :thinking: I believe all I need is progress. Cuz I’m sure as hell not perfect.
  10. I’m grateful I will have a meeting I get to go to tomorrow night.
    :pray:t2: :crying_cat_face: :heart:

”Today I’m grateful for my growth, regardless of how long it took me to get here.”

17 Likes

What a lovely share to see first thing. Thank you Emm I’m grateful for you and grateful for the wise words. I too meditate with my Sangha every morning. I gratefully decided to segue from RDO to Refuge Recovery online. It’s a better fit for me and my mentor is affiliated with RR. I am grateful for Recovery Dharma. It benefitted me the last 6 months. This morning I am grateful for a bit of coolness. For Alobar and Indigo rubbin’ up on me during my practice. Grateful for coffee and meds. Winning combo. Grateful Alobar is back for round 2. I’m grateful for this thread and community :pray: just feel loved and supported here :sparkling_heart: who could ask for anything more? Yall have a peaceful start to your week. Namaste

Sic em boy

14 Likes

Eric your shares are always moving to me. I am grateful for YOU everyday. I’m grateful Bianca’s lesson about boundaries penetrated my thick skull. And about Tom Petty D-cat. Two words Fuck yeh. I gratefully play that Florida boys tunes a lot including Mudcrutch.

8 Likes

Evening gratitude.
Today I’m grateful the talk with my husband was ok. Little content, he is still in pity party mode, but the talk was ok, I did not take some bullshit he wanted to talk me in, the atmosphere was ok. So I’m grateful for a first step towards getting to talk again on a normal basis. Or I hope so. Time will tell.

I’m grateful for a long talk with my bank advisor. We like each other and our discussions are always interesting. I’m pleased about the christmas giveaway: jam and juice from local farmers. What a nice idea.

I’m grateful a friend called. One week over again! Time flies. We call once a week.

I’m grateful for the christmas lights shining in the living room. Cats, lights, beach video, tea and juice. I don’t need more to be content :pray:

14 Likes

I am grateful to be sober.
I am happy I cleaned my shoes although Nikolaus won’t fill them. :sob: Well, at least the are clean now.
I am grateful I have enough.

16 Likes

I am grateful to be focused and calm
I am grateful for this life, as it is
I am grateful for opportunities and choices
I am grateful for having hot water bottle
I am grateful for quitting time
I am grateful for having an indoor pool with 50m lane in my area
I am grateful for my family
I am grateful to have courage!

:black_heart::heartpulse::two_hearts:

16 Likes

I’m grateful I’m alive and have the basics covered. I’m grateful for night time walks listening to Christmas music. I’m grateful for affirmation videos on YouTube that make me feel safe in my body. I’m grateful for my comfortable room and the roof above me. I’m grateful for instant cheese grits. I’m grateful for the apples my mom brought to me. I’m grateful that today I can feel myself progressing and recovering. I’m grateful for hope. I’m grateful for this community and the motivation it gives me

19 Likes

I am grateful to be slowly recovering from a heavy cold. My morning coffee starts tasting like coffee again - that’s a good sign.
I noticed, that there are a lot of new people joinging the forum lately and with the end of the year, there will probably be more to come. I am grateful for their shares and to be reminded, what the first few weeks and months of sobriety were like. It brings me joy to see so many of them moving forward.
I am grateful for all the people, who are sober a lot longer than me. The challenges of sobriety luckily change over time. This place is just a such a resource of wisdom, it amazes me every time.
Especially grateful for this thread and your shares, grati-dudes :orange_heart:

18 Likes