Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #2

10 Likes

Hi Shaunda happy Sunday. Grateful that humility and gratitude go hand in hand. Just a quick afternoon gratitude. Video chat with my daughter and grandchildren a little while ago filled me to the brim with gratitude. Gratigrands? Why not. Feeling blessed.

4 Likes

Oh yeh. So cute. Thank you @Cjp. I really like how Boscoe kissed :santa:. Heā€™s so cool.

4 Likes

Today Iā€™m grateful for a lazy sunday again. For breakfast, newspaper, service on TV, nice whatsapp chats with friends, a short walk, that I cleaned the kitchen before I go to bed soon. Grateful for cuddling, funny cats, sunshine, missing my mum and husband, this feelings come and go. Grateful for leftovers again, for catfood in cans, for central heating, for interesting documentaries on TV. Grateful for living in a peaceful place :pray:

12 Likes

Identity can save our asses if we are honest with ourselves. :heart:

5 Likes

Wowza, i am grateful for not 1 but 2 reminders today of where i came from. My higher power is speaking to me. Im gonna listen.

12 Likes

In gratefull that although its 4:20am and i am still awake - i dont know how as i feel so tired !
Im gratefull that i am in my house in a warm bed safe and sober.
Im gratefull for all the little things i may not notice some days or maybe not yet at all but im gratefull so gratefull.

13 Likes

I am grateful for brisk air, more light during the day and and the tiniest bit of happiness the snow puts on peopleā€™s faces. I am grateful for a weekend get away with a friend and that the thought of drinking barely came up. The childrenā€™s punch was quite enough for me. I am grateful for music and connection. :orange_heart:

10 Likes

Iā€™m grateful for cold, crisp mornings after rainy days
Iā€™m grateful the birds seem happy, too
Iā€™m grateful for hot coffee and books
Iā€™m grateful for fuzzy socks and twinkly lights
Iā€™m grateful for road trips, rock shops, pizza lunches, and still finding adventure in the rain
Iā€™m grateful for quiet nights and quiet mornings
Iā€™m grateful for my pain, my depth
Iā€™m grateful the sun is back out
Iā€™m grateful I get to see another beautiful day :yellow_heart::sunny:

11 Likes

Good morning sober family,

Im so very greatful forā€¦

My sobriety, 200+ days free from weed and alcohol
My hubby and his sobriety
Boscoe and his cuteness
A short work week
A restful weekend
This forum

Lets go out and slay the day soberly!

9 Likes

Grateful I went to the Dr this weekend, even though itā€™s scary. Iā€™m just like a real adult! Grateful she listened to my concerns and validated them, and weā€™re starting some new meds that will hopefully make me feel better and address some things Iā€™ve been avoiding. Iā€™m so, so excited to feel better.

10 Likes

ā€œI keep thinking about alcoholā€™s place in the relative scale of drugs. If it were illegal or at least not marketed the way it is, I would probably not have let it go on for so longā€

@Bootz I have spoken to that often. I feel selfishly grateful that without a pain management doctor I wouldnā€™t know where to get pills or especially heroin that was too easily accessible when I lived in Miami. Alkeehol is so prevalent and accepted. My son-in-law doesnā€™t see his excessive drinking as a problem because of this. That being said Iā€™m grateful he is addressing his anxiety with psych meds. Grateful my kiddo shares so openly with me. She told me he isnā€™t ready for therapy yet but the psychiatrist upped his dosage and he feels the difference. Grateful. Grateful my daughter is a therapist sheā€™s handled this with grace and aplomb. Grateful for English muffins and music. For a beautiful share I heard earlier at my recovery Dharma online meeting. Grateful my phone gets me there until my technically inept ass gets help from Geek squad. Grateful for self denigrating humor. Always always grateful for yā€™all. A key piece as I stumble into grace (tip of the hat to Emmylou Harris). Offering Metta to all. Namaste

God guru and Self are One

10 Likes

Iā€™m grateful I got it pretty fucking good.
Iā€™m grateful I went to and chaired my meeting last night. Iā€™m grateful when I left I had that feeling, I got no problems compared to these people. Iā€™m grateful I can hate that feeling and grateful itā€™s not a contest. Iā€™m grateful for my wife :heart:
Iā€™m grateful I feel like I still belong and I still can continue with my recoveries.
Iā€™m grateful I got to lead and picked step 2 again.
Iā€™m grateful I have learned I can use the group as my higher power and be restored to sanity.
Iā€™m grateful this thread and my gratitude practice can restore me to sanity.
Iā€™m grateful a lot of people in the group last night ā€œuse,ā€ to go to AlAnon for some qualifier a long time ago and now they are coming back again because of a new situation.
Iā€™m grateful I read about tradition 4 in my Paths To Recovery book as the meeting tonight follows readings from that book. Even though I still donā€™t like that kind of format Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m keeping an open mind and going anyway.
Iā€™m grateful the recovery show has their new podcast out this week about gratitude. Iā€™m grateful I sent my gratitude list in to the show and am wondering if they will read it?
Iā€™m grateful itā€™s Thanksgiving week and I hope I took the turkey out of the freezer early enough to defrost in the fridge. Iā€™m grateful itā€™s not a big turkey but I never seem to time the defrosting correctly.
Iā€™m grateful my son was outside decorating his house for Christmas. Like father like son. Iā€™m so proud of him. Iā€™m grateful they invited us for Thanksgiving dinner that they are hosting even though they know we wonā€™t come and leave our pets alone and traveling on Thanksgiving sucks big time. Iā€™m grateful we will see them right after Thanksgiving.
Whelp itā€™s late. Iā€™m grateful I slept in the last couple of mornings. Iā€™m grateful to get another day going and sharing it with yā€™all. :pray:t2::heart:

Life is full of give and take. Give thanks and take nothing for granted.
Gratitude habit .com

13 Likes

I am grateful to be sober.
I am grateful for the interactions I get here which give me pieces of thought if I be open for it.
I am grateful for Mel, keeping asking me if she doesnā€™t understand @mx_elle and I am grateful that I grew apparently a bit and donā€™t take it wrong.
I am grateful I digged out a very old picture of mine yesterday. I was thinking about the time back then, walking to the grocery store getting stuff for a binge each night or every other? I am grateful I donā€™t have to do this anymore. I am grateful I can still learn.
I am grateful Iā€™ll check into a yoga session in some minutes. I am grateful I can walk. I am grateful I donā€™t want to die. I am grateful I participate in this gratitude thread. Well, well. I am more than grateful my boss stopped talking before my head exploded today. Too much information. I guess I was in a bad hypo. Bit whoā€™d mention this? :confounded:

15 Likes

I am grateful for this day. To be sober 5 months today. Iā€™m grateful for the peace I have created in my life free from toxic people.

14 Likes

Congrats on 5 months @Ranger1209

7 Likes

I am grateful for my continued sobriety and 56 sober days.
I am grateful for a wonderful job that I love that allows me flexibility for my family and mental health.
I am grateful for my husband, children and friends that love me so much.
I am grateful for my liver function blood results that came back completely normal yesterday after being very abnormal 2 months ago because of my drinking. The body is a miraculous healer of its self!
I am grateful for making the decision to be sober everyday.

15 Likes

Grateful you shared that beautiful pic :blush:
I love it. :heart: What a treasure.
What was your horseā€™s name?
Edit again:
Sorry. What a rat-catcher?

6 Likes

Congratulations on your 5 months of freedom Rich!!

7 Likes

Today Iā€™m grateful for my psychiatrist. I felt a lot better and emotionally more stable than a month ago and we talked about it. Iā€™m grateful itā€™s ok that I donā€™t know where I want my life to be heading. I will find out eventually.
Iā€™m grateful for a deep talk with my councellor. Yes, there were some truths I refuse to deal with at the moment. And thatā€™s ok. As long as I donā€™t get stuck, babysteps are a reason to be grateful. Today Iā€™m grateful I listened and learned.
Iā€™m grateful it was kind of an emotional day today and itā€™s over.

Grateful the old boy stopped coughing, he might have eaten too much gras. He is such a cutie rubbing his nose on my finger and sneezing :grin:

Iā€™m grateful I cooked dinner for me alone and felt good about it. In the past I cooked for my mum and husband and me on sunday so on monday there sure were leftovers. I miss this routine. Iā€™m grateful I develop new routines. Or try to by repeating what feels good for me.

Iā€™m grateful for my comfortable couch!

12 Likes