Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #2

I’m grateful this week is over! Yikes, it felt like when I worked at a cafe 30 years ago. Hard to focus on the present cappo when there’s 30 more to make! Methinks I could’ve used some tools back then too. I’m grateful this thread felt like the cafe backroom - a place to pop in for a min or two, sit on a milk crate and catch my breath and balance.

I’m grateful I’m dealing with the hard truth of this christmas rather than running from it into a wine bottle. Not visiting Mom would be difficult. Visiting Mom will be difficult too, especially in the moments when she doesn’t know me. I’m grateful I can see small progress in myself about acceptance and letting go, from christmas to christmas. I’m grateful for boundaries with my siblings. We shared our childhood and I’m grateful. We share a common bloodline now. I will be open to change but not attach to it or expect it. (And now and then I might silently do some name-calling, but I’m working on that! :wink:)

I’m grateful for friendships, old ones, new ones, deepening ones, online Gratidude ones.

I’m grateful for snow. I just love it. It is coming down hard! (but also adding to the unknown-ness of timing of visiting Mom). I know I won’t be travelling this week. Grateful that when I accepted that, I bought nice groceries for good meals this week. Some fresh christmas-y flowers. Another week here, at my desk, to practice equanimity, among other things.

I’m grateful for endless opportunities to practice equanimity. My 2023 goal. No, intention.

I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

14 Likes

@Bluekoolaid I’m grateful you put it so perfectly: “I’m grateful my worries are really about tomorrow and yesterday…”

@erntedank I’m grateful for your raw honesty, your courage to face your feelings, and for sharing them. Hugs and strength to you, friend. :kissing_cat:

@Dakotahjae Today IS for you, Jamie. :pray:

@Soberbilly I’d be grateful if you could explain to me what Octopus teacher is? :smile: :octopus:

7 Likes

Good evening.

I am grateful for my heightened senses. I am grateful for anxiety and how it warns me long before anything happens that something is wrong. I am grateful for DBT and the skills I have been able to weave into my life. I am grateful for anger and the feeling of it boiling inside of me. I am grateful for rage and it’s power. It’s nice to know I can still defend myself and anyone else that might need it. I am grateful for boundaries, self worth, and discontent. I am grateful that I know I am worthy of happiness, and freedom to speak without restraints. I am grateful for learning days. I am grateful to see where I have had incredible growth and where I still have some work to do. I am grateful that I can hold myself with compassion and understanding even when I don’t act exactly as I would like to. I am grateful to be teachable and that I will never stop learning. I am grateful for my voice and every chance I get to use it. I am grateful I know that I deserve to feel heard. I am grateful that I love myself today and I can’t believe I have survived all of those years of self loathing. I am grateful that I created a strong foundation in recovery that first year, that all of my old knee jerk reaction have been overwritten. I am grateful the first thing that comes to my mind when I don’t know what to do is to call my sponsor. I am grateful for her wisdom, and simple suggestions.

I just got in from a beautiful evening. One of my sponsees celebrated her 45th birthday and tomorrow she will be 9 months clean. I am grateful for the meal we shared and the walk we had together through the beautiful Xmas light display. I am grateful to be able to show these women what true connection feels like and what real fun and laughter feels like. I am grateful to have been blessed with some precious souls in this life, I feel so lucky. I am grateful that tomorrow I will do a panel with my sponsor at a women’s recovery house. I’m really looking forward to it, service keeps me clean. Last night was nasty, I have not been angered like that for about 6 years. I am grateful that I am clean today the difference between last night and 6 years ago is like a mountain and a mole hill… But the feelings, they were there. I am grateful to have felt those feelings and then they were gone.

16 Likes

I am grateful I have some friends. I need to acknowledge this fact. They are wonderful despite we have different opinions. I am grateful I still feel they are my friends. When I was drinking and younger and whatever I was way more judgemental and black and white. Good and bad. Off the list.

I am grateful to be sober.
I am happy that I mopped my apartment although I was already convincing me that it was not sooo necessary. Well it’s easy to say this on an early Sunday foggy morning.

I am grateful it’s the vacation soon. I am grateful I tried to cook something new (Dal). Who knew.
I am grateful I have enough. I am grateful for the philosophy podcasts as they make me think about things from all kind of angles. It makes me humble.

15 Likes

love this. grateful for this too :heart:

I’m jetlagged and grateful my sister was awake when I woke up at 3am (7am for her) and we were able to have a remote coffee in our pjs chat. I miss her and will miss her company this holiday season.

Grateful I’m motivated to run again…this past week life got in the way, but hoping to be more consistent with my training from now on.

Grateful I’m recognizing uncomfortable feelings of resentment and putting some work into letting it go. Moving on to the next chapter, unencumbered.

11 Likes

Good morning Emm and all gratifolks! Here’s the link to My Octopus Teacher. One of the best things I have viddied this past year.

[(https://www.netflix.com/us/title/81045007?s=a&trkid=13747225&t=cp&vlang=en&clip=81575619)

So much to be grateful for this moment. Grateful for a deep dreamless sleep. For Heart Alchemy meditation and Bilateral Stimulation Music session. For Alobar and Indigo. For the hoodie my nephew gave me yesterday promoting his band Worst Party Ever. For my shameless promotion. For Starbucks being a mile and a half away. For affording Starbucks. For meeting my neighbor and his dog and finding out the pooch’s name is Noodle (thought of you @erntedank as we r both obsessed with Noodles the cat). For PinkFloyd releasing live shows we can stream for fucking free! For my friend sharing that info with me. For my blessed existence in this material world. For love. For light. For all my gratidudes and dudettes. I love y’all :heart: Namaste :pray: go sleigh Sunday!

God guru and Self are One

13 Likes

". I am grateful that tomorrow I will do a panel with my sponsor at a women’s recovery house. I’m really looking forward to it, service keeps me clean. "
It bears repeating. I am grateful for your presence here @Its_me_Stella . Sevice can come in different forms I feel. I may be repeating myself,this happens at my age,apologies if so. I love this passage from the Bhagavad Gita. Karma Yoga:
Your work is your responsibility not its result.
Never let the fruits of your actions be your motive
Nor give in to inaction.

Set firmly in yourself do your work not attached to anything
Remain everminded in success and in failure
Evermindedness is true yoga.
Namaste

8 Likes
  1. I’m grateful we both enjoyed our day of football and lunch out even though one of us got tired of it :zzz: by the 3rd. game.
  2. I’m grateful the Bills won. And the game eventually turned into a snow fest. Which always brings back memories of my childhood watching football in December, on the black and white, with my dad in our living room, with a real fire in the fireplace. And I can remember not understanding football. And it was definitely simpler back then. (A black and white is a :tv: that didn’t have color :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) ( it even looked like the emoji)
  3. I’m grateful for hot running water.
  4. I’m grateful for scalding hot showers especially in the winter.
  5. I’m grateful for the Mocktails I have once and awhile and their fancy ingredients like lavender, jasmine, and elderflower. And after almost 3 years I feel very comfortable having 1. And for some reason I CAN have just one.
  6. I’m grateful the NA Heineken in the fridge my wife bought for some reason doesn’t interest me at all. It’s been sitting there for months.
  7. I’m grateful I found some 0 added sugar, tasty, ginger snaps so I can have a few treats throughout the Holiday season.
  8. I’m grateful the polar cold coming in seems like it could be to the east of us and miss us. It’s already cold enough here. Break out your long Johns Billy :cold_face:
  9. I’m grateful I can see and especially feel the progress I am making in my codependency.
  10. I’m grateful our gifts showed up yesterday from our children.
    :pray:t2: :christmas_tree: :shower: :santa: :green_heart:

The more expectations you have, the less gratitude you will have."
Dennis Prager

13 Likes

Good morning all,
I’m grateful I slept in this morning, I needed it. I’m grateful for my daughter and the little moments we have together shopping and chatting and laughing. Connecting. I couldn’t do this when I was drinking because I numbed EVERYTHING. Even that good stuff. I’m grateful I don’t have to do that anymore. I’m grateful for tho cloudy morning making it feel extra cozy. I’m grateful I don’t have any plans today, I can do what I want. I’m grateful that doesn’t scare me anymore. I’m grateful for love and forgiveness.
Everyone have a wonderful day :heart:

11 Likes

Right.
I am more looking forward to being in the comfortable energy of women after having had a shitty event with my partner. Im still learning.

I was reading Be here Now by Ram Dass the other day, trippy book. :smile:
Grateful for the way it was formatted.

9 Likes

Today I’m grateful the day will be over soon. It was a nice sunday, I did some office work as I had some kind of epiphany this morning about things I have forgotten for quite a looong time. Always good to clean up such remnants immediately. I’m grateful I did it and had lovely purring company. Grateful for a good chat with an old friend who lives far away. Grateful I made yummi lunch. Grateful I groomed half of Schimanski :grin:
The later the day, the more I get depressed, feeling alone, feel some anxiety creeping in. Feeling overwhelmed, not capable of handling my life or my future. I chew on the feeling that I am alone. Yes, I’m lucky to have good, reliable friends. Good therapists. Good lawyers. Nevertheless: On the daily basis with all daily duties and work: I’m alone. And I’m still used to knowing my husband is there and we share it! This rant should post in the loved ones thread but I’m too tired to write double. I’m grateful I’ve come a solid way to let go and know this feelings shall pass too. At the moment I would be grateful if I could bite myself in my ass. Wow, do I have a lot of work to do until my emotions won’t eat up my nervs anymore.
I’m grateful for beach videos and will watch one to center and focus on calming myself :pray:

12 Likes

I feel like every hippie in America in the early 70’s read Be Here Now. There’s a new graphic novel You Are The Universe that I just rec’d. Got my son a copy too. Based on his 50 years of lectures etc. Have a loving day Stella. I am grateful to think of you as a friend. Be here now. Love everyone.

3 Likes

Grateful for the guffaws you bring me. Seriously? 47 is cold af to this Florida boy!

1 Like

Feeting unwell today. Sore throat, body aches, chills and the like.

Grateful I’m with my parents and I can relax to recover.

Grateful I have good food and vitamins to help.

Grateful I had a good day before starting to feel very bad…enjoyed some active time with the kids and my brother :heart:

grateful for your company, gratifolks! :heart::heart::heart:

15 Likes

I am grateful for pain, difficult conversations, discomfort. That I have learned that they are my teachers. Not my enemies.
I’m grateful that I can create the life I want. I’m grateful I know in my heart how I would like to be treated and I’m not afraid of abandoning comfort for growth and listening to my heart.
I am grateful I am learning to accept myself. That belonging to myself has become a journey. One worth every tear, anxiety attack, worry, obstacle and fear I have conquered. I am grateful that when I accept myself I truly don’t feel alone anymore. It’s a process and I find myself hopping back and forth. Trust takes time. I see the change in me and I’m proud.
I am grateful I can separate others feelings and emotions and not internalize them or perhaps even more importantly- think that I am the cause of them.
I am grateful I can truly love and let go without the fear that I am letting go of what is meant for me.
What is meant for me will not and could not pass me by. I am grateful for lessons and that hard things have beauty tucked inside.
I am grateful for sun rays through clouds. I’m grateful for candles, twinkle lights, hot cocoa, light walks, random smiles, and the goodness in this world.
I am grateful for my home, my warm bed, my access to food and safety.
I am grateful for my little journey :yellow_heart: I am grateful for where I am now. I’m grateful :hatched_chick:

15 Likes

Morning,
I’m grateful to be sober, my life is so much calmer. I like myself so much more than before.
I’m grateful for a day at home yesterday, doing things for me, and my family too I guess.
I’m grateful to be on my last few days of work and am gratefully looking forward to my holiday with my daughters on Friday. Fingers crossed for no problems at the airport.
I’m grateful to be here :sparkling_heart:

13 Likes

Good morning all,
I’m grateful to be up early, sipping coffee in the quiet and staring at the Christmas tree. I’m grateful for my dogs, my Leo had a rough night and woke up kinda whimpering and acting strange. He seems ok now and I’m grateful for that. I’m grateful that I told my daughter how much it means to me and how much I enjoy spending time with her. I’m grateful for both of my kids. I’m grateful for my husband, and that he’s stuck with me and loved me, even when I made it difficult. I’m grateful for love and forgiveness.
Everyone have a wonderful day :heart:

12 Likes

“Yes, this is my downfall”

If I may Bootz,I don’t see it that way. Try to take it in as a whole w/o dissecting it.

“Never let the fruits of your actions be your motive
Nor give in to inaction.” I interpret that as try not to get caught up in the doing or not doing. Whatever you ARE doing your soul is shining through for me. Even in virtual world. Be kind to yourself. You are so lovely. I am grateful for your presence. I would be more grateful if I could eat some of your Vegan meals,lol. My fare is much simpler. I am grateful for what I am able to prepare and grateful that I have greatly benefitted by keeping a Vegan diet. Right now I am grateful for 49 degrees. Brrrisk for a Florida boy but a nice change. Grateful for hot coffe,New Age music and Alobar draped over my leg. Grateful for Ram Dass. For morning meditation and the new graphic novel from Love Serve and Remember based on his 50 years of lectures and such. Pretty sure I could write a book titled Gratitude. Good Monday all. Namaste :pray:

God guru and Self are One

10 Likes

Good morning! I’m up early too. Have a great day.

9 Likes

Good morning sober fam,

Im so very greatful for…

My sobriety, 230+ days free
My hubby
Boscoe my napping buddy
I can take cold medicine without worrying about negative interactions with booze
A restful sunday
Working from home today
Ability to pay my bills timely
Hot showers
Hot coffee
My folks
My family
Hope
Joy
Everyone here sharing their experiences

Much love to you all

16 Likes