Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #2

I’m grateful awhile back I heard something that just floored me.
If I’m not the problem there’s no solution.
Frankly I hated it.
I’m grateful I’ve accepted it and it makes things a bit easier.

I’m grateful I realized the other day I’m having trouble with the fear thing. Like Stella said as well. It’s almost always fear.

I’ll be grateful when you post number 10. I only see 9 :hugs:
Trash panda :panda_face::thinking::heart:

11 Likes

I’m grateful to be adding sober days together, one by one.
I’m grateful that I don’t want to drink.
I’m grateful to help out a friend with her kids later, just picking up from football practice and taking home. I’m grateful to have passed that time of my life, it was nonstop driving and organising, grateful to be on a different chapter.
I’m grateful to decline a get together in a restaurant, i don’t want to go so I’m not going to. Grateful to have the choice and the confidence to say no.
I’m grateful to be sleeping well, I don’t know how I coped all those years with little sleep.
:sparkling_heart:

12 Likes

“Grateful for a long talk with an old friend. Grateful for this deep conversation. Things went bad between us years ago and we talked about it. I acted selfish and insensitive back then and hurt her. I appologized and we both felt better afterwards.”

That is so beautiful to me. I’ve come to the conclusion that any and all past relationship problems are on me and I gratefully own that @erntedank . I own the role I played in my failed marriage that was tough for me. Love those :cat2: :cat: :cat2: my friend. Stay loose.

12 Likes

I type is out and it looks good on my computer and if i go to edit it, but the numbers are all messed up on my phone :rofl:

5 Likes

I am grateful that although I got COVID and had to go to hospital that I was sober and didnt have to go through withdrawals and be sick. That would have been an agony worse than death.
I am grateful that I have made it through the worst of the virus and will be able to go home today.
I am grateful that my 65 days of sobriety probably saved my life.
I am grateful that I will get to see my family and sleep in my own bed.
I am just so bloody grateful.

14 Likes

Today I am grateful for:

• although I feel sad today and fed up with the short, dark days and the cold, that I have a nice warm bed to get into and be warm.
  • that although I feel fed up, I haven’t drank, like I would before.
  • that I’m finally getting some help for the reason I drank and been so mean to myself.
  • for cuddles from cats and happy purr’s.
  • for learning that feelings, even unpleasant ones, are there for a reason and I need to take notice and not just run away.
  • for learning that the only way out is through.
  • for the sanctuary and wisdom within this app.
    Nite nite everyone x
14 Likes

I’m grateful for pizza dinners
I’m grateful that there are Christmas trees up all over work. I’m grateful that it makes me feel warm and cozy.
I’m grateful that during a stressful week I’ve been able to stay calm and take things as they come.
I’m grateful for the now.
I’m grateful that I can just appreciate each day for what it is. As someone who has always looked to the future, the better, and spent a lot of time in my mind on my spaceship it’s a practice to stay in the now.
It’s not always easy but I’m seeing the beauty in each tiny moment. They are easy to miss if you aren’t looking or always looking ahead.
I’m grateful I randomly started studying moon phases last night. I’m grateful I love learning, just for the fun of it.
I’m grateful for my sobriety
I’m grateful for my silliness
I’m grateful for night swims and hot showers
I’m grateful for my life :heart:

14 Likes

Grateful to read words here tonight that I could have put down myself. Yes, @Frazzetta, a full calendar is a huge source of overwhelm/anxiety for me. And @PinkyP, I kindly declined an event too (it would have been about 4 hrs of small talk. Do-able but depleting), in favour of some M time this weekend. Delish, and not wrong! Grateful I get to practice this.

And then there’s the row of journals on my shelf. I’m not sure I’ll get rid of those, but the daytimers and calendars of the last decade? I used to go through them and mine out the good stuff - notes or days to keep record of. I’d put this off until recently. Just had a stack of the last decade of daytimers. I’m grateful I can look with loving kindness (mostly) at the person (me) who wrote “bonk” on hangover days. So many plans for new beginnings, fresh starts. So many bonks. The cycle of it.
I’m grateful to be done with it, the cycle.
I’m also grateful for loving kindness and compassion meditations, because oh - how the shame kept me in the cycle of bonk.

Grateful for plans tonight that I wanted to keep. Dinner with a former mentor turned friend. It was fun, sure, but I’m grateful this friend has the grace and confidence to see me as an equal and in doing so - give me quite the boost I need right now.

Grateful for my cosy bed and sleeping with the window cracked. Just in case I forget it’s winter.

I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

13 Likes

Grateful to have had a super productive day and feel some ease around my stock level for an up coming Christmas market. I am grateful for all of the support I have and continue to recieve from my friends in recovery. I am grateful that the pieces I make are recieved well.

I am grateful to be laying in bed beside my 17 year old kid. Never in a million years would I have laid in bed with my mom watching Disney + when I was 17. It wasnt that I didnt need it, or that I didnt want it… I was already caught up in a deadly cycle of self sabotage and self destruction by then. I am grateful that I never stopped needing my mom, even the years when I couldnt face her. Those were actually the years I probably needed her most.

I am grateful for the time I spent with my parents today. Our daily dominoes games have been cut drastically in the last year and I notice. I am grateful that I have stopped feeling guilty and that I just make time when I can.

Grateful for walk in showers stalls and super cute bullies who dont mind standing in the shower to get cleaned up. Grateful for the way my daughter looks at Nugget, she is really starting to bond with her which is so nice. My kiddo has been overwhelmed with all the dogs in her life, now that its quieter I think she is actually enjoying the 1 dog we have.

Grateful for the women who trust me with their stories, the ones who show up every week, with their step work questions done, ready to dig in.

I am grateful that I have an 8 am yoga class booked and I am hopeful that it doesnt snow too much overnight.

Here we go twinnie, countdown starts in the morning. Im grateful for you all.

:heart: :dizzy: :snowflake:

15 Likes

Morning check-in: I’m grateful I woke up before the alarm. Double grateful because I woke up from an exhausting nightmare. Again. Grateful my old boy rests on my chest and his soft, fluffy tail wags over my face from time to time.

I’m grateful for the sharings of @M-be-free49 and @Frazzetta about a full calendar possibly triggering anxiety. I agree, I sometimes feel overwhelmed and insufficient when I face a day/week packed with lots of work/meetings/etc. Thank you for reminding me of the anxiety aspect. I’m still working on not hiding my anxiety behind surrogate feelings.

I’m grateful for the FRO thread. I’ll switch there to rant about nightmares.
Have a sober day everyone :tulip:

12 Likes

The sun is about to come up, finally some light around here. Happy to be wearing my neon bright pink wool socks (a gift from a neighbour) and my strong moring coffee. I am grateful for kind words on a gloomy yesterday (thank you @Soberbilly) and the cheerful bird picture @Bootz shared. I am grateful for laughter with colleagues and their willingness, to walk new paths with me. I am grateful for inspiring literature and the smell of cinnamon, clover and other christmas spices in my house. I am grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

11 Likes

This gave me such a belly laugh when I read it! And I needed one.
Grateful for you. :pray::orange_heart:

7 Likes

Me too!!! @erntedank ur awesome keep doin you!

5 Likes

6 a.m. gratitude. Grateful to read your share Emm. Nice way ro start my sober grateful day.
“I’m also grateful for loving kindness and compassion meditations, because oh - how the shame kept me in the cycle of bonk”
I’m also grateful for loving kindness and compassion meditations. Loving kindnes is the one we do in my Sangha that truly centers me. However yesterday’s Equanimity meditation was what I really needed,interesting how that works. the freedom of others is dependent on their actions,not on my wishes for them.I need to be sure to honor this. Grateful I am aware of this. Very grateful I have a mentor now. Grateful he appeared just as I’m about to start my first truth inventory. Grateful for Refuge Recovery. Grateful I am in countdown mode for a visit with Blake and Madison and Les and Brad. Eight days only. Grateful Nancy’s son is ok. I am grateful for this thread and this community. Grateful to be grateful. Have a loving sober day y’all :heartpulse: Namaste

God guru and Self are One

11 Likes

Grateful I didn’t drink yesterday.
Grateful to be on day 7.
Grateful my meds are helping my migraine.
Grateful for a job I like with a great boss and cool coworkers.
Grateful I can be there for a struggling friend.
Grateful I have therapy tomorrow.
Grateful for the colder weather.
Grateful I’ll have this community for support over Christmas holiday.

15 Likes

Thursday morning gratitude

Grateful for a random day off
Shopping day with a friend
The option for early voting
My french press
Warm slippers
Blooming peace lilies
Checking off items on a to-do list
My cough finally being gone (after 4 long weeks)
A tidy home
This TS community
One more day without booze.

13 Likes

Good morning all,
I’m grateful I have a later start to my day which means I can have coffee and read around. I’m grateful for my coffee pot that has a timer so my coffee is ready for me first thing. I’m grateful my older brother sent an article for us to read that explains a little about how his military career went, and how it has affected him. It was very eye opening for me, and very brave and vulnerable for him to send to us. A big step in a strained relationship .I’m grateful for Christmas lights. I’m grateful for love and forgiveness.
Everyone have a wonderful day :heart:

12 Likes

Early afternoon check-in: I want to write a lot about gratitude today.

I’m grateful I can stay at home today. The weather is moist and grey, melancholy creeps into my soul.

I’m grateful for this typical cycle of a typical grey day when I’m low on energy, recovering from whatever overburdening happened for a far too long time:

1. wake up from exhausting nightmares, allthough kind of well rested
  2. doing morning tasks, petting cats, having breakfast
  3. reading the newspaper, some youtube beach video spreads the sound of the sea, christmas lights glimmer
  4. cats cuddle up and start purring away on me
  5. I fall asleep again
  6. Wake up. Feel dizzy and desorientated. Brew fresh tea and do some chores.
  7. Share my leftovers with the cats, feeling happy because the house looks clean and neat.
  8. Feeling tired after late lunch. Back on the couch. With cats. Reading and napping until it’s bedtime.

When I fall into this :point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2: cycle I know I’m healing. I’m very grateful it happens. Because it means that I let go, calm down, find inner peace. That’s kind of an autopilot programm I’ve experienced all my life.
I’m grateful for therapy. Without, I think I would not have come this far in the last months.
Now I have another cup of tea and I’m grateful for the varieties of tea in my cupboard.

12 Likes

Good morning sober fam,

Im so very greatful for…

My sobriety, 7 whole months today!
AA fellowship
This forum and everyones support and love and perseverance
My hubby doing the dishes
Boscoe and his big personality
A productive day at work yesterday
Took tomorrow off work
Pumpkin spice coffee creamer
Its payday
Music
Christmas lights
7 fucking months sober
Progress not perfection

Sending everyone light and love :heart:

14 Likes
  1. I’m grateful to be in Dallas for peak autumn. What a surprise. I Lived in Texas most of my life and forgot about that.
  2. I’m grateful for baby’s first Christmas tree.
  3. I’m grateful for the time my son and I had putting it up especially the part about it being his tree.
  4. I’m grateful my son and I had bath time together :blush: With Norma :blush:.
  5. I’m grateful how we talked about, did you/we think we would EVER be doing THIS together.
  6. I’m grateful every once and awhile I break into tears. Like now.
  7. I’m grateful I’m such a sap :face_holding_back_tears:
  8. I’m grateful my baby girl has the best most wonderful parents in the world to take care of her.
  9. I’m grateful I could whip up a hamburger stroganoff for us last night in their kitchen.
  10. I’m grateful for another day to see Norma. :face_holding_back_tears:
    :pray:t2::older_man::face_holding_back_tears::heart:

I never dreamed I’d be this Crazy Grandpa with the cutest granddaughter ever. But here I am!
So Grateful.

:face_holding_back_tears::face_holding_back_tears::face_holding_back_tears:

16 Likes