Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #2

Hellz yeah! Congratulations on 6 months sobriety! Thats fantastic!

9 Likes

Good morning all
Congratulations to the milestone-ers! I’m grateful to see others reaching them. I’m grateful for cooler weather here, and beautiful sunrises. I’m grateful for tasty iced coffee that I made in my instant pot. I’m grateful that my mindset has changed around cooking, from “I hate to, I can’t” to “I can learn to, let me try”. I’m grateful for my family and home. Im grateful for my simple life that like @Soberbilly said is not boring.
Everyone have a wonderful day :heart:

14 Likes

Last night I had a dream that I relapsed. I can’t remember where I was or what I was doing, but that sneaky alcohol brain in my head was like, it’s no big deal, it’s just one night, it’s a celebration, no one will even care all those regular sneaky thoughts. So I drank, and then I was bummed out and I realized I would have to reset my clock. And THEN I realized that I would have to tell you guys, and that you would understand but the idea made me feel so sad to let you guys and myself down. I was so grateful when I woke up and realized it wasn’t real :heart:

15 Likes

I am grateful for a wonderful speaker in my TLC meeting this morning.
I am grateful for the cleansing cry it caused.
I am grateful for my house and my wonderful landlords.
I am grateful for another day to be grateful.

15 Likes

I am grateful for this space
I am grateful for today’s church service
I am grateful to humble myself to the realities of life.

15 Likes

I’m grateful to be up early and doing some morning cooking already. :scream: I’m grateful it’s just sticking a squash in the oven to make butternut squash soup later for lunch after it cools. Speaking of cool. I’m grateful for the cool autumn weather. And the foliage. I’m grateful all the trees don’t turn and loose their leaves at the same time.
I’m grateful for my sunsets which are hard to see through the ponderosa pine trees but sometimes it looks pretty cool in spots with eerie looking colors.
I’m grateful for the cooking I did yesterday.

I’m grateful by body feels pretty good after my 3 1/2 mile trail walk yesterday.
I’m grateful for the quiet mornings and being interrupted by Julie, my friend in London, on what’s app. I’m grateful I think that’s called surrendering to the present. Or at least I was reading about surrendering to present.

I’m grateful I just got off WhatsApp with Julie. Had such a wonderful chat. And I can still do my gratitude now.

I’m grateful for my rigorous morning routines that helped get me sober. I’m grateful I can things up a bit.

I’m grateful to learn waiting is a powerful force of action. And can be used in my recovery. I found it worked the other day and I didn’t even realize I was doing it at the time.

I’m grateful for football and cooking weekends.
I’m grateful, presently, I’m feeling great :blush:
I’m grateful for the continuous joy all my cats and dogs give me.

I’m grateful some days I have my ups and some days I have my downs. Or maybe even some moments I have my ups and some moments I have my downs.

I’m grateful I got my gratitude in his morning.
Let’s bring on another 24 :wink: soberly :wink: and not even want to drink :wink:
:pray:t2::mountain_snow::evergreen_tree::blue_heart::hugs:
Know that you’ll never die from a feeling, only the behaviors you use to avoid them.
Co-Crazy

18 Likes

We live on a ranch, and once a year have meat processed. This week I was cleaning out the freezers in preparation for this year’s beef and pork. I was shocked at how much was still remaining from last fall.

As I was donating it to various church groups that provide meals in the community, I thought about how grateful I was to have enough to eat. I am grateful to have enough to share.

And, I am grateful that I will be in the same position next year. We always overdo it because my husband has a vision of extended family, friends, and employees all joining us for meals. It doesnt happen nearly often enough (or we end up going out, rather than cooking), but I am grateful he has not given up on that vision. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Today I’m grateful for a stressless day. I had weird nightmares and woke up really exhausted so I took it easy: cuddling with cats in the morning, breakfast, chores. Grateful I made a video of Schimanski playing with some cords. I showed it to my mum and she laughed :orange_heart: Grateful I visited her today, I missed her. It has been 3 weeks since my last visit. Horribly exhausting weeks. I’m grateful I felt ok yesterday and feel ok today. Grateful for beautiful pictures from the party yesterday. Grateful I allowed myself to stop and pause when my energy was low and my emotions were high. Grateful this weekend wasn’t emotionally draining. The next week has some stressful appointments coming up. I use the serentity prayer often, it helps me staying in the present :pray:

14 Likes

Grateful for 20 days this go around. Grateful I made it over 300 days before my relapse and grateful I didn’t enjoy being high and drunk when I did. Grateful for all the things I learned in the last year and now putting more focus into relapse prevention. Going to various meetings for my mental health. Not isolated as much . Grateful for watching leaves fall off trees today and the peace is brought me . Grateful for cooler weather and keeping my windows open in my room. Grateful for shows that teach me history. Grateful for music. Grateful for halo fruit (tangerines?) , and bananas. I really like fruit and will rotate the different fruits I eat so I don’t get sick of them . Grateful for taking more pride in my room and keeping it clean .

14 Likes

I am grateful I decided to get sober!
Grateful today is my day 1.
Grateful I am still married.
Grateful for my 4 beautiful babies.
Grateful for this support group!

15 Likes

Day 103.
I’m grateful to have removed all toxic fake people from my life. My circle of people around me is very small now, spending tons of time alone as well and loving it. I find myself extremely picky about who I want in my life in any way now. With the removal of toxic people in my life I’m feeling so positive and peaceful. Everyone have a great day!

11 Likes

Today I am grateful to have been able to spend the whole day with my partner, and that I got to get a few things figured out for tomorrow. I am grateful for the beautiful weather. I am grateful to have done some writing tonight, and I continue to be grateful for this community helping me through a tough week.

10 Likes

Today I am very grateful for the traditions of Narcotics Anonymous. I am grateful that I am in a place now in my recovery to understand their importance and be willing to do some work around them. I am grateful for tradition guides and workbooks full of questions to challenge my knowledge and broaden my understanding.

I am grateful for Tradition 1, and unity. It is shining heavily in my recovery right now. “… personal recovery depends on NA unity.” I am grateful for openmindedness and willingness to figuring out ways to help other addicts in this program grow and reach their highest potential. One of my sponsees was asked to sponsor a newcomer but she hasnt finished her steps yet. I know my sponsee is at a place where she really wants to help other addicts and I believe that being a go-to for this newcomer will help her right now. I am grateful that the three of us came up with a plan and I will take the newcomer through her steps. We are a good group of women who I believe this young girl will really benefit being around, and my sponsee can still be her “big sister” in recovery. Thats unity, its the practical framework that binds our program together.

I am grateful that I was not on my man friends bike when he “had a little wipe out” tonight. I am grateful he is alive and that his son has taken him to urgent care.

I am grateful for recovery sunday amd cuddles in bed with my kiddo.

11 Likes

I am grateful to be sober.
I am grateful that my keyboard knows my first sentence here. Seems to be a streak.
I am grateful for a long talk with a friend this morning in bed.
I am grateful the fog lifted already and there is sun. I am grateful for the sun today as this is my last day off.
I am grateful I have enough.

13 Likes

I’m grateful I have a job.

I’m grateful I have a clear mind to work.

I’m grateful for my family and to be able to provide for my family.

I’m grateful I have enough.

12 Likes

Congrats on 6 months @desert_rose! Doesn’t it feel good??

Congrats to @Soberbilly on 5 months! We’re doing this damn thing!

I. Am. Grateful this morning. Grateful I was asked to chair in my homegroup last night, grateful I accepted. Grateful that I put thought into what I read to the group, grateful I felt heard by those that are currently patients in my treatment alma matter. Grateful for the sense of accomplishment and pride I had in myself for doing something that seemed overwhelming at the time. Grateful that yet again I pushed myself to grow. Grateful that it made me even more apart of and comfortable with the NA group.
Grateful to be back at work waiting to clock in. Grateful for the recovery of the weeekend and for the strength to attempt this crazy ass work schedule this week. Grateful I know I can do it. Grateful that I’m approaching this just as I encourage those approaching recovery, and am asking myself what do I need to do differently this week? What will make me more successful? Grateful that giving up is just not an option for me.
Very grateful for the good friends I’ve made in recovery that helped me recovery mentally and spiritually over the weekend.
I’m grateful I have 200 days clean and sober today! That’s right! I just saw my counter! I’m so grateful I kept the faith and stayed clean, kept my recovery in my focus and can now celebrate 200 days. Here’s to another ODAAT.
:heart:

9 Likes

@Bluekoolaid congrats on 20 days. You’re attitude is great. We got this!!

5 Likes

RESPECT Darcy! Proud of you.:purple_heart:

4 Likes

I am grateful. I am grateful for my practice. I am grateful for Recovery Dharma and Refuge Recovery and TS. Grateful for all of you. Grateful for my long time friend,54 years,Kevin. He is facing a very difficult situation with grace and courage. Ongping health problems as a result of a tick borne disease,constant issues with wounds landed him in the hospital more than once. Today he is having both big toes amputated. It’s that or face the eventuality of losing his feet. He recently sold everything and purchased a 44 ft sailboat. My hope is he will get to live his dream of sailing off with his beloved dog Veronica. I have been offering Metta to him for a few hours. Feel really helpless. All I know how to do is offer this to him. Bless all of you and bless his beautiful soul.

8 Likes

Ive been thinking the same thoughts about moving into a boat. Ive done it twice in my life and loved it both times. More food for thought! I love it!!

5 Likes