Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #2

I am grateful to be sober and hangover free.

I am grateful that the work week is nearing an end and I will be abme to see my family.

I am grateful to have heat, electricity, food, water and shelter.

I am grateful for my sister and for our close friendship since we were born.

I am grateful to be here with everyone. :two_hearts:

10 Likes

This is going to sound crazy, butā€¦Iā€™m grateful my husband, my oldest and I are feeling under the weather. :flushed:

Iā€™m grateful weā€™re probably just in dire need of some rest. Iā€™m grateful my youngest had a sleepover invitation and was happily away from this sneezing bunch! Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m not that bad and cooked some comfort food and we all curled up on the couch for half a movie. Iā€™m grateful my oldest needed some mommy cuddles. Heā€™s a teen and Iā€™m grateful I still get those moments. Iā€™m grateful we went to sleep early.

Iā€™m grateful that itā€™s the end of a busy and stressful week, but we are not over committed for the weekend. Everything can wait. We can rest.

Iā€™m grateful for my family and my ability to take care of them. Iā€™m grateful this ability is no longer impaired by alcohol.

Iā€™m so grateful for my dog, the sweetest little thing, who curls up next to us when she notices someone is not well.

Iā€™m grateful that, with all lifeā€™s curveballs, I have love around me and I have enough.

Have a wondeful Friday, my dear sober family! :heart:

13 Likes

What a beautiful share to start my day. Thank you brother. I am grateful oh yes I am very grateful He woke me this day,grateful for the opportunity to be present. To just BE. Grateful to spend at least a moment acknowledging that within me that is just being. Grateful for awareness. I am grateful and happy my friend Nancy just called and shared how therapy is helping her. My dear friend is bi-polar and struggles daily. I am grateful to be here for her,always. I am grateful for the Tao Te Ching. I am grateful for this community of kind souls.

ā€œOut beyond ideas of rightdoing and wrongdoing
There is a field. Iā€™ll meet you there.
When the soul lies down in that grass the world is too full to talk about. Ideas,language,even the phrase each other doesnā€™t make any senseā€
Rumi

11 Likes

Good morning all,
Iā€™m grateful to have some quiet time this morning before everyone wakes up. Iā€™m grateful that Iā€™m not working today, so I can nap if I need to ( didnā€™t sleep good). Iā€™m grateful Iā€™ll just feel tired, not hungover. Iā€™m grateful I have plans to do freezer meals for the month, but it doesnā€™t all have to get done today if Iā€™m tired. Iā€™m grateful I have the finances to do this. Iā€™m grateful that it seems like all of our TS Florida people are ok.
Everyone have a wonderful day :heart:

14 Likes

Good morning all

Im so very greatful for

My sobriety, 152 days free
Celebrating others sobriety milestones
My hubby working hard
Boscoe and his cuddles
Its Friday
Coffee
Looking forward to therapy saturday
A weekend coming up
A busy productive day yesterday
Hoping for a busy productive day today
My parents
My family
Personal freedoms
Basic needs being met
Everyone here sharing their sober journies. I truly mean that!

Let us go out and slay the day soberly!

12 Likes

Iā€™m grateful youā€™re here with us, Shaunda. Sending hugs and prayers your way :heart:

8 Likes

Congratulations, Eric!!! It IS a big deal, amazing! Thank you for being here with us, and for being an inspiration to me :blush:

8 Likes

I am grateful for quiet time to wake up with coffee and morning readingsā€¦ and look at this mornings reading.

I am grateful that I have found humility and that my life and choices are led by love. I am grateful that I know I am just a vessle here on earth and my purpose now is to share my story, spreading love. I am grateful to be heading out the door to watch the sunrise and meditate by the ocean. I am grateful for my life. :heart:

10 Likes

Iā€™m grateful to God I donā€™t drink.

Iā€™m grateful for all the great nights sleep I usually get. Last night or early this morning wasnā€™t one of them :grimacing:
Iā€™m grateful for ā€œplugging myself in,ā€ with guided meditations that will put me back to sleep. This morning wasnā€™t one of them :grimacing: See where Iā€™m going here :yawning_face:
Iā€™m grateful for recognizing the ā€œStinking Thinking,ā€ that I think kept me awake.
Iā€™m grateful to go back to ā€œjust the facts.ā€
Iā€™m grateful I donā€™t know what someone else is thinking. Fact! Iā€™m grateful I can know how I feel. Fact! Iā€™m grateful for my exercise of thinking about ā€œJust The Facts,ā€ when my stinking codependent thinking starts taking over my mind. Iā€™m grateful even thought it didnā€™t work last night. Iā€™m grateful itā€™s a new thing Iā€™m learning and if I keep practicing it Iā€™ll make progress, because Iā€™m not looking for perfection anymore.

Iā€™m grateful I had a good cry this morning sitting in the dark with my coffee too early to read or feed. Thinking about my childhood and mother. And how I really miss her :smiling_face_with_tear:.
Iā€™m thought I was grateful for when the 3 people closest to me died in my family, sister at 50, mom and dad. They were all suffering for a long time. And it was always a ā€œblessingā€ when they died and now they arenā€™t suffering anymore. And I always flew in from across country and came to the rescue and held the family together, or what was left of it. And I guess Iā€™ve never really grieved. I was always the strong, dependable, rescuer. I donā€™t know where the fuck Iā€™m going with this. But Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m feeling it and maybe letting a little of this shit go.
Fucking inner child :grimacing:
Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m realizing I numbed a shit load of feelings. Iā€™m grateful itā€™s not to late to actually really feel them.
:pray:t2::heart:

15 Likes

Thank you Anna :pray:t2::heart:

5 Likes

Congratulations on 3 MONTHS! :hugs:

8 Likes

7 Likes

Iā€™m grateful for another round of gratitude after the dog walk.
Iā€™m grateful when my wife asked me why I couldnā€™t sleep I told her some shit. Then asked her if she wanted the truth. Iā€™m grateful she said yes and we or I ended up having another uncomfortable conversation this morning about the two of us. Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m working on myself. Iā€™m grateful I could tell her itā€™s kinda lonely working on myself. And I feel like Iā€™m the only one working on us and myself. And it makes me feel lonely. Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m responsible for how I feel and Iā€™m not responsible for how she feels.

Iā€™m most grateful Minnieā€™s blood work came back great. The vet called us late yesterday evening. Even though she has Cushingā€™s Disease and a 16 year old liver and kidneys, all the blood work came back good.

Iā€™m grateful I was going to break my 43 day sugar streak at the pizza place on my 1000 day celebration because they had home made gelato. More specifically Stracciatella gelato. Well they were out of it :slightly_frowning_face:. And I didnā€™t fancy any of the other flavors so I didnā€™t treat myself. And I call that another win.

Iā€™m grateful I got a 10 am massage coming up and I got to just ā€œbuck up sissy pants!ā€ and enjoy the relaxing CBD oil massage. I never had a CBD oil massage. Thought Iā€™d see what all the hype is. Iā€™m grateful I can go out to lunch after. Iā€™m grateful I get to work out with my trainer after that. Iā€™m grateful I can cook dinner tonight or not cook dinner tonight.

Iā€™m grateful I came back here and posted another round of gratitude with you all. I feel better.
Thank you.
You all deserve a raise :moneybag:
Iā€™m grateful for my struggle because without it I wouldnā€™t have stumbled across my strength.

12 Likes

Iā€™m grateful to be checking in here grateful. Grateful itā€™s my day OFF! Iā€™m so very happy to feel back to my normal happy self and realize itā€™s not a mental health issue coming to the surface itā€™s just how I am when Iā€™m sleep deprived. So glad I dont have another round of Dr.'s apts to make and fiddle with medicines, I was pretty sure thatā€™s what i was feeling yesterday, so Iā€™m grateful to the entire universe thatā€™s not what Iā€™m dealing with at this point.
Grateful for the weekend, grateful for the energy and mental health to get done what needs to get done.
Grateful I was asked to chair at my homegroup this weekend! Boy do I have a lot to share aboit. Iā€™ve overcome many reservations I didnā€™t even know I was holding onto these past 2 weeks. I stayed clean no matter what was going on no matter where I was (on the street? Guess what Iā€™m staying clean so I donā€™t have to stay here. Fuck living on the street). Iā€™m pretty excited about that.
Grateful for the couple of really good friends that Iā€™ve made in recovery. Theyā€™ve been my lifelineā€¦
Grateful for all you here that keep me grateful and from ever feeling alone.
Grateful to be feeling grateful. Grateful to be nearing my 300 day mark, Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m going to go out today and do what I need to to keep my cup of well-being filled up so I can make it to my 300 celebration. Iā€™m very grateful for milestones.
:heart:

13 Likes

Thanks @anon74766472 for the translation :grin::pray:
Thank you @Dazercat for your sharing and congrats on tripple digits :hugs:

Today Iā€™m grateful that all chores are done. Grateful for some sunshine. Grateful for purring, snuggling cats. Grateful for catfood delivery. Grateful I donā€™t cry all of the day while I transfer the entries from my old 18 months moleskin calendar to the new one.
Grateful Iā€™m not alone in realizing I did not really grieve the death of a parent. We talked about it in therapy lately. All the feelings were brought up 2 weeks ago when I looked for some documents my lawyer needed. Grateful to have the chance to process them now.
Grateful that I have a safe home, good friends and ODAAT :pray:

13 Likes

Iā€™m grateful for my sobriety because with out all the alcohol noise Iā€™m much better able to evaluate my emotional space and understand how I feel and what the likely cause is. As a person with anxiety, itā€™s wonderful to feel less anxiety, and better equipped to deal with whatever comes up.

14 Likes

Iā€™m grateful for family

Iā€™m grateful for friends

Iā€™m grateful for the people helping me reach goals

Iā€™m grateful for myself for enduring and resisting self-destruction for the longest stretch in 14 years

15 Likes

Good evening gratidudes I am grateful for one big thing tonight. The closeness I share with my daughter. She is struggling in a difficult marriage. My son-in-law is an addict. Alcohol. We spoke at length twice today. The first time right after she had an intense session with her therapist. She is also a therapist which has greatly benefitted me in my recovery and I hope will help her navigate these troubled waters. She told me she cried through the whole session. It was all about her troubled marriage. Her husband is not present. They have two young children,four and two years old. The four year old is affected by her dadā€™s lack of presence. She hits my daughter and yells at her. I was there with them a few weeks ago and observed how Madi doesnā€™t even like her dad to put her to bed. I observed him grab her arm and how it traumatized her. It saddens me. My daughter has to do everything with the kids while he sits in front of the tv drinking. As an addict I recognize the disease in him. Iā€™m just grateful that while I was a bad boy I was a good man as a father and that my baby girl can confide in me. Sorry to dump all this on you all. Guess I need a safe place to vent. Thank you all for this safe space and sweet dreams itā€™s my bedtime :crescent_moon:

15 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry to hear this Billy. This family disease of addiction spreads all over the place and affects everyone. Itā€™s so horrible and damaging. Especially when children and grandchildren are involved. As a therapist I hope she knows about Al-Anon. Iā€™m glad your daughter was able to help you. Iā€™m glad you feel comfortable sharing with us. Thatā€™s what where here for. Dump away anytime my friend.

10 Likes

Amen, Iā€™m grateful for your share, Billy, and for Ericā€™s share. They all help me tremendously. And Iā€™m very grateful for safe place I can vent and drop what is not serving me to carry around. Much love and gratitude.

9 Likes