Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #2

I am grateful to be sober.
I am grateful for tiny steps and telling myself that they are good. Talking to people even when it’s only some words. Not hiding and avoiding people contact. It’s really strange. I like being around people and I avoid them. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
I am grateful I went to the talk about fake news in the library yesterday. It was interesting and again some nice Smalltalk with some people there.
I am grateful that I slept well again tonight, until 6h30 am.
I am grateful I have enough.

11 Likes

Thank you Eric this means a lot to me. This community is incredible. I feel loving kindness in this space. Blessings my friend

7 Likes

Thank you Darcy thank you so much. Your words resonate in me. I feel like you and Eric gave me a big needed hug. Blessed be my friend.

6 Likes

I am grateful. Grateful for morning meditation and meditative mind music. Incredibly grateful and humbled by the resplies from Eric and Darcy to my share last night. Loving kindness surrounds me and inhabits me. I’m grateful to accept the things I cannot change. Grateful to understand how strong my daughter is and to intuitively grok that she will be even stronger when her difficulties are resolved. It is difficult to put into words how I feel about the closeness we share. It has strengthened somehow during this time of my personal growth. Such a beautiful blessing. I am grateful for the change in the weather. Hurricane Ian ushered in some much needed cooler temps. I’m grateful for Alobar sticking his little head in my hand so I will pet him. Grateful for this cup of coffee and grateful for Uncle Nick’s poppy bagels. Grateful for my sobriety and my new neural pathways. Grateful to perceive the blessings all around me in abundance. I am grateful for true happiness for the three jewels of Buddhism for no longer having cravings and to no longer run from pain. Great pain does not erase goodness,but in fact informs it. My hope is for all to have a blessed day.

May you be happy
May you be at ease
May you be free from suffering.

11 Likes

My heart goes out to you Billy. It feels so helpless being on the outside and seeing/hearing the hurt. Addiction is so awful. Though im not abusive when i drink, my father was and it hurts my heart for your grandchildren. I will keep them in my prayers and also you.
Im grateful you shared this with us, i know its selfish to say but its things like this that remid me why i need to stay sober.

10 Likes

@Shaunda
Hope the gif brings a smile to your face. Have a good day! :purple_heart: :hugs:

7 Likes

:joy: thats freaking adorable

7 Likes

Good morning sober fam,

Happy fall saturday!

Im so very greatful for…

My sobriety, 5 months free from weed and alcohol
My hubby and all he contributes
Boscoe and his love
No hangover
Got thru friday night no problem
A busy day today full of fun
My family
This forum
Fellowship

Let us go out and slay the day soberly!

Good morning @maxwell and @Shaunda

14 Likes

Happy dance for @Cjp 5 months soberversary!!! :man_dancing:
Congratulations!!! Im so happy for you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::hugs::metal:

7 Likes

That is AWESOME MY FRIEND!! :sunglasses:

9 Likes

I am grateful to not feel like shit on a lazy Saturday morning.

10 Likes

I’m grateful for a good nights sleep :sleeping:
I’m grateful for my massage yesterday and Pilates workout. I’m most grateful my body feels good this morning. Mind is codependently fucked. But body is good. I’m grateful I can relapse that way and start again each day. Or each half day or each hour.

I’m grateful to see what I think is a young Jack Nicholson gif by Maxy. Morning Maxy. Must be a celebration somewhere. I’m grateful I love celebrating the battles over addiction. Can’t wait to see who it is.

I’m grateful I got to watch and enjoy the late UCLA football game last night.
I’m grateful I get to enjoy the Nittnay Lions this afternoon. Go Penn State! I’m grateful I’m learning I can choose to sit around all weekend being a football bum and not feel guilty about it.

I’m grateful I can turn the heat on this morning.
I’m grateful to hear Minnie clomping around the house and coming to check on me for the 3rd or 4th time this morning. I’m grateful for my hearing. Sometimes selective :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

I’m grateful for beautiful cool sunny mountain weather.
I’m grateful Beatrix is smashed up long by the fireplace cooking.
I’m grateful Benson is on guard in case someone and their dog or bike on the trail out front 40 yards away is planning an attack :crazy_face:
I’m grateful for my recliner and hot tea to wrap up my quiet time along with this gratitude practice.
Now let’s find out who we are celebrating for.
#fuckaddiction.
:pray:t2::sun_with_face::mountain_snow::evergreen_tree::blue_heart:

Let Go
Or Be Dragged

Recovery Gifts.

16 Likes

5 Months alcohol and weed free!! :scream: :hugs:
Congratulations CJ!! Look at you GOOOO!!!
ODAAT.
:pray:t2::heart::hugs:

11 Likes

Yes! It is Jack Nicholson in The Shining. He was at his interview to be the caretaker of the Overlook hotel over the winter.

What could possibly go wrong? :flushed::rofl:

7 Likes

Today I’m grateful I saw a couple here on TS being sober together for 6 months. This is wonderful and makes me cry a bit.
I’m grateful for friends I saw today at a birthday party. Grateful I was feeling fine around all the people I mostly did not know. Grateful I took a break when I felt it became too crowded and started feeling uncomfortable. Grateful I decided to drive home when I became tired. Could have stayed in the guest room but it was 6 pm, I wanted a shower (hot flushes :hot_face::grimacing:) and knew I would be in bed at 8 pm anyway. Grateful I enjoyed the day, I’m sober and my social anxiety was pretty calm today. Well done, good night, hugs to everyone who needs it :pray::sunflower::hugs:

13 Likes

Hi everyone,
I’m grateful for our woodburner and the free wood we get from around and about, fallen down trees and branches etc.
I’m grateful to have had a Saturday afternoon in the kitchen using the fruit and veg that I was given.
I’m grateful for other people’s shares, there’s always something that reminds me of something I’m grateful for too.
I’m grateful to have no plans for tomorrow, maybe a bit of cleaning and cooking.
I’m grateful for not drinking today or wanting to.
:sparkling_heart:

15 Likes

Shaunda ty for your kindness. I feel a connection to you and I am grateful and happy for that feeling. Hope you and Calypso are having a free and easy day.

8 Likes

Praying for you and your daughter Shaunda. It has to be challenging and glad you’re able to keep your cool.

7 Likes

6 Likes

I :sparkling_heart: not drinking

9 Likes