Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #2

Today I am grateful for:

• getting back to work after having a relapse and getting back into a routine.
  • being very aware that despite my relapse, I feel my attitude towards alcohol changing in a big, big way.
  • feeling and knowing that my relapse will be even more of an incentive to do better, not a reason to carry on. It has made me to cross and miserable.
  • for understanding husbands
  • for snuggling cats
  • for forgiving bosses
  • for time to think, dream and plan
  • for journaling my thoughts
  • for the inspiration I get here
13 Likes

You guys, I am SO GRATEFUL I don’t use anymore and that I DON’T EVER HAVE TO USE AGAIN. Had to get my blood drawn today and needless to say it was a failure because of all the damage I’ve done to my veins. But once I’ve calmed down im just so grateful I’m not that person anymore and I no longer carry that self hatred that I had to have to go through that whole process of shooting up. I’m so grateful to be free of heroin.
Keep on keepin’ on all y’all. This shit ain’t easy but it is so, so, worth the work. :heart:

14 Likes

Congratulations on 5 months Rich. Removing toxic people also deserves Congratulations!

4 Likes

I love that song too.

2 Likes

I’m with you Darcy. Fuck heroin! Proud of you and grateful for your presence here.

3 Likes

Im greatful i got myself to a meeting. Helped with my blahs.

Oh yeah and im super greatful i havent projectile vomited in almost 7 months! It was like an everyday occurrence…smh addiction sucks

11 Likes

Comgrations on 5 months!

3 Likes

Good evening. :dizzy:

I am grateful for teachers, earl grey tea and my bed.
I am grateful for the small town I live in where I am starting to know more of the community.
I am grateful for the dull ache I have in my finger tips from hours and hours of silver smithing.
I am grateful that the energy I put into my work can be felt by the people who see it, hold it, wear it.
I am grateful the universe puts me where I need to be.
I am grateful that my newest sponsee is like a duckling, she is only 21 and she is so willing to learn how to live without dope. She is my little shadow, she takes all the suggestions, she is so open minded and so damn willing.
I am grateful for all that she teaches me.
I am grateful that my daughter felt brave enough to self advocate today at school.
I am grateful for so much, I could write a never ending list.

:heart:

13 Likes

Today I’m grateful for blackberries in my lunchbox at work. They taste amazing.

I’m grateful I have a safe and cozy house for my family.

I’m grateful for last night’s good night’s sleep. I’m grateful I woke up well rested at 5:24, before my alarm clock.

I’m grateful Thanksgiving is around the corner. I love Thabksgiving, but I’m aware that the previous 2 years it triggered bad relapses. I’m grateful I have full intention of not letting that happen this year.

I’m grateful the people I work with are amazing as a rule, with one particularly horrible person being the exception. I’m grateful that most people are good people.

I’m grateful for this group. I’m grateful for your company every day of my sobriety journey :heart:

11 Likes

Good morning sober family,

Im so very greatful for…

My sobriety, 205 days free from weed and alcohol
My hubby
Boscoe
Working from home
Texting technology keeping me connected
My family
Tv
Coffee
Leftovers
Pollinators
A fenced backyard for Boscoe
Everyone here!

Lets go out and slay the day soberly!

11 Likes

I’m so grateful for everything I have. I’m so grateful for my family, friends, job, my annoying dog lol, financial security and access to healthcare, food security, and my sobriety. Just everything. I’m grateful to have a partner and puppy that want to snuggle every day. I’m grateful my coworkers are kind. I’m grateful for an extended family that is gracious kind and loves to laugh when times are good and even when things are bleak as they’ve ever been. I’m grateful to be happy, and I’m so so so grateful to be able to appreciate it.

It’s heartbreaking that so many people, on here and everywhere in the world, feel so unhappy. A refrain in the posts here is how much people just want to feel happy, and I wish it were easy and that there was a secret, but the only secret I’ve discovered so far is that alcohol (or whoever’s doc) doesn’t make me happy, it just makes me drunk. Bring drunk is like the aspartame of happiness, it tastes sweet but it is fake and empty, zero calorie happiness. Unfortunately I’ve found real happiness to be more like beekeeping: it’s hard work, scary, you get stung sometimes, but the effort is undeniably real and worth it.

I wish everyone happiness today and every day, and I’m grateful for every little bit of it I’ve worked for and been granted. :heart:

11 Likes

205 days YESSS! Proud of you. I’m in the 200 club too 211. This mornimg I am grateful He shook me awake to have another opportunity to be present. Super grateful for Heart Alchemy meditation and Bilateral Stimulation Music. For Alobar’s affection.

For Refuge Recovery online meeting this morning. Tokyo meeting @7AM my time. I like the format and the folks in my Sangha. I’m grateful my friend Carolyn asked me over to help her trim her tree today. Grateful my daughter Leslee just phoned me. Grateful to be having Thanksgiving with my mom and sister and brother-in-law. My sister is making Vegan pot pie. Yay. Wishing everyone peace. Namaste :pray:t3:

God guru and Self are One

8 Likes

I’m grateful to get up at the perfect time to see the pink, purple, and red cotton candy clouds of the sunrise while outside with the dogs first thing this morning. I’m grateful for the awesome sunsets on the other side of the house. I’m grateful this house is northish/southish facing so I don’t have direct desert sun roasting our back deck.

I’m grateful for both my AlAnon meetings this week. And if they gave out chips I guess I would have gotten my 6 months. I’m grateful I don’t know how they measure success in AlAnon, (I’m sure I relapse at least once a day,) so I’ll be grateful to just keep going back.

Speaking of grateful :innocent: I grateful my Gratitude list was broadcast to the world with 15 others on the recovery show podcast. Ya. It made me feel pretty fucking good. Even “special,” while I walked and waited to hear if Spenser was going to use my gratitude list on the air. I’m grateful he even posted links to my favorite 3 recovery songs that I mentioned I was grateful for and are on my AlAnon playlist. I’m grateful I get to come here and I can “show off,” about it.

I’m grateful as I pause right now for the loud peace and quiet in my home.

I’m grateful it will just be the 8 of us for Thanksgiving. My wife, the 4 cats and 2 dogs. I’m grateful my grown up children have their other families to share their Thanksgiving with. I’m grateful as much as I miss them and would love to be with them for these kinds of Holidays, we, my wife and I, both agree we don’t want to ditch our pets for The Holidays. I’m grateful we never have and never plan to.

I’m grateful for my wife and all the shit we have in common. I’m grateful to learn my way is not the only way or even the best way. I’m grateful I’m not the only one who shares that at meetings. I’m grateful to read in Today’s Hope that I shouldn’t label anyone an alcoholic. Especially my loved one. I’m grateful when I do that, it leads me to detachment with resentment. I’m grateful after I read that, it’s like. “I do that :raising_hand_man:!”

I’m grateful I can pause and put this down and listen to my wife’s crazy dream from early this morning. She has the craziest of the crazy dreams and remembers so much about them. I’m grateful since I quit drinking I sleep like a log and almost never have any crazy dreams. Or if I do I don’t remember them. Always, always grateful for sober sleep and hangover free mornings.

I’m grateful for the low key Thanksgiving we will have and we are actually cooking this year. I’m grateful for my wife’s tuna dip. And if I play my cards right and just wait for it she’ll make it on her time not mine.

I’m grateful for y’all.
:pray:t2: :turkey: :heart: :cactus:

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.
Albert Einstein.

14 Likes

Today I’m grateful for @Frazzetta 's and @Dazercat 's posts. I needed to read that :pray: Thank you.

I’m grateful for therapy. This was again one of the appointments where I go home and don’t really know what we talked about. I feel calm. I did selfcare today. I lazed around on the couch all afternoon. Or maybe not? I read a lot, here on TS and some codependent literature. Is this being lazy or doing selfcare? Anyway, it was important for me and taking a walk to the solarium was a direct effect to put selfcare from theory to practice after reading. I’m grateful :pray:

I’m grateful for my playful cats, they made me laugh. Cardboard box, cats having their 5 minutes :grin:

Today I’m grateful I live alone. I’m kind of sad because my husband will not come home in the evening. This makes me feel of kind of lacking social control and connection. Grateful for the memory. I always was happy when he arrived home. Often it turned into angry or disappointed when I found out he was drunk or he wanted him-time in front of the TV instead of sharing time with me. That hurt. I’m grateful I recognize this pattern. I’m grateful I see that my behaviour did contribute to worsen the situation. It was not helpful. Nor was his. This tango was spiraling down. I still love my husband. I’m grateful for the distance between us. I need healing. I hope he finds healing too.

12 Likes

I love love love this analogy.
And I hate aspartame. :face_vomiting:

I’m grateful for you Jenny.
:pray:

5 Likes

I am grateful to be sober.

10 Likes

Right back atcha, my friend! Your posts always seem like such a great example of grace, kindness and gratitude even when things are tough. I want to bonsai my growth into something like that someday.

5 Likes

Day 15.
Today I am simply grateful for getting through yesterday without a drink. As tempted as I was, I did not pick up.
Today is a new day :heart::roller_skate:

13 Likes

I’m grateful for contact from one of my family members so someone finally let me know about the passing of another family member.
I’m grateful I am getting to know myself.
I’m grateful I can recognize and sort out emotions before I let them get to carried away today as opposed to when I was drinking or even the first few months of sobriety.
I’m grateful my family trusts me enough to let me know when they feel I am falling short so I can do better.
I’m grateful for my job.
I’m grateful for my sponsor, the 12 steps, my therapist and everyone in my support system.
I’m grateful to know I will lay my head down tonight sober and sleep well or not, I will open my eyes hangover free tomorrow.

13 Likes

I am grateful to be sober.
I am grateful I danced last night.
I am grateful internet can help me solve problems I didn’t have faced before.
Sudo apt-get fuck it :exploding_head:
I am grateful there is a manual or tutorial for almost everything.
I am grateful that despite I barely slept I am not hungover.
I am grateful I don’t drink. I wish I could help people. But they are ready when they are ready.
I am grateful I don’t have to form alliances like I did in early sobriety. I am grateful it’s not us against them anymore.
I am grateful for coffee.
I am grateful for so many people here.

13 Likes